Back to Teaching Science at University

Teaching Science at University, University of Zurich

4.4

About this Course

This course will prepare you for teaching science in higher education. In this MOOC you will learn to make your knowledge as an excellent researcher accessible to your students. We will show you how to communicate science to novices as well as advanced students in science. You will experience the value of teaching with analogies and you will be guided to train your students' competences. Based on up-to-date findings from research into teaching and learning science you will be able to - implement evidence-based strategies into your own teaching, - use students everyday-conceptions for the development of courses, - prepare analogies and models to teach in your field, - implement problem-based teaching, - set up for experiments and teach the nature of science. This course enables you to teach abstract science topics to your students and make them become active and successful learners. The course is based on lectures (videos), handouts (knowledge-to practise briefs), which supplement the knowledge taught in the lectures and assignments to implement the teaching strategies into your own practise....

By MM

Sep 17, 2018

It was useful for me as beginner. I learned how to give an assessment, planning for the course, developing my course material, raise the competitions between my students and more.

By RV

Mar 03, 2018

This is a very exceptional course for me as a teacher. Very helpful insights and learnings. Thanks Prof. Dr. Kai Niebert for you wonderful teaching methodologies. God bless you.

23 Reviews

By lina tazi

Feb 13, 2019

je pense que tout enseignant devrait suivre ce cours ; il est clair , bien fait et surtout très intéressant et je desirerais vraiment inviter le professeur de ce module à faire une conférence à l'université Mohamed V au Maroc. je vous remercie tous , pour ce cours

By Muhammad Waqqas Altaf

Feb 13, 2019

Highly recommended for those teachers who are willing to move from the college level to the university level teaching.

By Aneeza Sabir

Jan 05, 2019

This course is very very information and it help me that in what ways I will convey science concepts to the students. Great experience. Thanks

By MD IKBAL AHMED TALUKDAR

Jan 05, 2019

Content really deserves appreciation. Looking forward for more course in advance level from same group.

By Mohbra

Sep 17, 2018

By Johann-Heinrich Schonfeldt

Apr 06, 2018

I really enjoyed this course. Lots of useful things to learn and be reminded of.

By Antoine DUPRE

Mar 30, 2018

Very pedagogical and entertaining course, focused on science teaching. Only few weeks to accomplish. I recommend it.

By Richard D. Vidal

Mar 03, 2018

By Vicent Buyonje

Feb 19, 2018

The classes are well prepared

By Agata Zborowska

Feb 05, 2018

consient and well spoken, worth of Your time, very interesting and helping to teach not only at University but also children and others to let them become more fascinated with our subject, I hope that soon I will purchase that corse to be proud of having certificate