Back to The Power of Team Culture

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Power of Team Culture by University of Pennsylvania

Behind the success and failure of teams lies team culture. But what exactly is culture? How and why does it contribute to success and failure? In this course, you learn how to recognize aspects of team culture of which most people are typically unaware. It is often these seemingly unimportant aspects that have the greatest effect on the outcomes of group tasks. Your recognition of them enables you to form, join and lead teams more effectively. You also come to appreciate the role of ritual and symbols in the daily operation of teams, as well as in situations of change and crisis. Knowledge of the ideas and information in this class enables you to be a better team player and a more effective team leader....

BK

Nov 10, 2016

That was quite a fascinating course, at least for someone who does not know anything about anthropology. The tutor did an outstanding job and also provided good readings. Highly recommended.

WM

May 04, 2020

Got an amazing experience in online education with this course and bunch of new knowledge. I would like to thank coursera and University of Pennsylvania team for offering me a financial aid.

51 - 75 of 82 Reviews for The Power of Team Culture

Nov 21, 2017

G

By Gabriel V d A

Apr 20, 2020

Bom curso, traz bastante conceitos interessantes da antropologia, com certeza vale a pena para construir um repertório teórico. No entanto, como crítica fica a falta de exemplos mais práticos do dia a dia de negócios para líderes e consultores que trabalham com mudança cultural.

By Verónica T L

Jul 01, 2017

Some terms are a little bit complicated to understand, but covers basic information and helps you to understand some things and also have a new way to see the culture around you, with really helpful ways of use it.

By Allison D

Mar 28, 2018

Very interesting course and relevant! Although I do not like that the quizzes are locked if you are just auditing the course, I think it is still a cool course.

By Tyronne S

Dec 04, 2018

Decent course, great insights with a huge range od examples to get you thinking. You just apply the logic to your corporate/business environment.

By Mario P

Nov 26, 2019

Great material, and a very interesting topic. Greg makes interesting every lecture. I would like something a little bit more practical

By Kristen S

Sep 18, 2017

Some of the research on recruiting was a bit outdated, considering modern inclusivity best practices.

By Mohamed G

Jun 05, 2018

It is a course for life not only leadership. I just must missed a textual summary of each course.

By Patricia A P G

Apr 28, 2020

Very interesting and it can be used for several areas where culture is important

By Nguyen T C K

Jun 17, 2019

Very specific about the definition of culture and the nature of it!

By Mohammed H A G

Oct 17, 2019

very helpful and I enjoed the all the subjcts have been discussed

By José G A C

Mar 24, 2020

The course was very good, however a bit to theoretical at times.

By Piti D

Jul 22, 2017

It's good to understand our team - Start by We

By Melissa H

Jun 25, 2019

Interesting course. Well presented.

By SRINIVAS T

Apr 21, 2020

Excellent content and presentation!

By ola r

Apr 11, 2020

Good knowledgeable

By Warren P

May 22, 2018

Dr. Urban is an excellent communicator, an expert in his field, and clearly loves his subject matter. That said, I had hoped to come away with more practical and experiential learning. I was hoping that the learning here would be directly translatable into a business environment and to come away with more business and interpersonal insights and fewer definitions which I fear I will soon forget due to lack of use. I must admit that by the end of the course I had tired of the academic tone and found the articles to be obtuse, to borrow a word from "Shawshank Redemption." Admittedly, the problem was equally due to my misdirected expectations and I bear some responsibility for the mismatch here.

By Núria A

Nov 12, 2016

The contents of the course are definitely insightful and approrpriately based on scientific research. Dr. Greg Urban is extremely knowleadgeable on the topic.

The reason why I am not giving the course a higher rate is because: 1) I find the pace of the course is quite slow, 2) the inactivity in the discussion forums and the lack of peer reviews in the assignments reduces its interactivity and 3) both the contents and grading system are very theoretical.

Still, I would recommend this course as it provides a solid foundation on the principles behind the dynamics of culture.

By Rachel B

Aug 19, 2020

Some interesting concepts, and it's great to learn about the foundation of culture in a more analytical way. I found the format rather lacking - the background of the Professor feels quite dated, and it was a little hard to follow at times. However, I did learn a lot and I have taken some interesting points/thoughts across. The English transcript also has a number of errors - I tried to find a way to report them, but was unable. I'd suggest editing these so that the course feels more professional. Thanks!

By Ewan O K

Mar 03, 2018

This isn't very practical for the business context, a couple of principles are useful. Also a few of the definitions are not well explained. Building High Performance Teams is a much more practical and useful module.

By Beau L

Mar 29, 2020

The material is interesting, but the instructor was not very engaging