Back to The Power of Team Culture

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Power of Team Culture by University of Pennsylvania

Behind the success and failure of teams lies team culture. But what exactly is culture? How and why does it contribute to success and failure? In this course, you learn how to recognize aspects of team culture of which most people are typically unaware. It is often these seemingly unimportant aspects that have the greatest effect on the outcomes of group tasks. Your recognition of them enables you to form, join and lead teams more effectively. You also come to appreciate the role of ritual and symbols in the daily operation of teams, as well as in situations of change and crisis. Knowledge of the ideas and information in this class enables you to be a better team player and a more effective team leader....

BK

Nov 9, 2016

That was quite a fascinating course, at least for someone who does not know anything about anthropology. The tutor did an outstanding job and also provided good readings. Highly recommended.

WM

May 3, 2020

Got an amazing experience in online education with this course and bunch of new knowledge. I would like to thank coursera and University of Pennsylvania team for offering me a financial aid.

26 - 50 of 111 Reviews for The Power of Team Culture

By Vyron A

Mar 31, 2020

I was about to give the course overall a 4/5, but the last chapter about the forces that play a role in the motion of culture helped me distill a quite condensed idea and provided clarity into how to bring about positive cultural change in organizations. Thanks to Greg!

By Kevin H

Dec 21, 2016

Absolutely wonderful information that has opened my eyes to so many aspects of my different social circles and the science behind why we do the things we do as a collective.

Very inspiring research!

Looking forward to making my way through the specialization.

Thank you!

By Donna M E

Apr 14, 2019

I have been working with teams for 45+ years. This course was the first time I have ever learned about the impact of culture. I Loved this course and am excited about the next course:) Thank you for taking the time to create this wonderful learning opportunity.

By Bianca P P

May 8, 2020

I really enjoyed this course! Insightful and empowering. I found Prof.Greg Urban's teaching clear and concise. I found it especially helpful that examples kept coming back to clarify the theory even further. Looking forward to the next in the series!

By John S

Feb 3, 2020

Thanks, Dr. Urban. Really enjoyed the course. You articulated much of what I intuitively felt/observed during several years I spent in China. This course will also be helpful when leading and communicating with teams and colleagues internationally.

By Tejon T W

Oct 23, 2016

Really enjoyed Greg's teaching style. Modern, relevant and informal. Greg demonstrated the importance of understanding culture to identify values, ideas and the skills needed to build upon culture to foster success within teams and organizations.

By Somalia P

Dec 18, 2021

W​hat I have learned here is priceless, especially what concerns the motion of culture and the forces that impel or retard it and so much more. Thank Mr. Greg Urban for teaching this course. I will be doing the entire specialization.

By Mohsen K

Apr 13, 2017

Excellent introduction to team culture for leaders. Understanding different cultures for businesses in a global stage is essential to build products and services that are true to the cultures of the origin and also destination.

By Alex G B

Great course. Perhaps a bit complex with the anthro theory examples for some, but as an anthropologist myself, I really enjoyed this course and its emphasis on how to apply these theories to business contexts.

By Samy S

Jul 7, 2020

Very interesting topic. I already studied the topic thus was able to clear it fast, but it was a nice refresh and I would advise it to anyone. Might it for personal or professional motivations.

By Hello M

Dec 19, 2021

This is my first course, but I have to say, I learned so many things from this course. The way professor Greg Urban, taught was marvelous. He made so many concept very easy to understand.

By Pajriah P

May 2, 2020

I am very happy to finish this course, the language is easy to understand, well illustrated, and most importantly I have new knowledge about culture, it turns out culture is cool to learn

By Victoria G

Enjoyed this course. Stimulated my thoughts on how Covid-19 will affect change and culture, both socially and within business teams. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

By Micaella G S

Mar 25, 2022

It was a really interesting course. And the teacher was brilliant, Mr Greg Urban was splendid when it comes to explain the concepts and he make it easier with vivid examples

By Ludvig N

Jun 9, 2018

It was so good! Good information regarding team culture, how you can create and how it affects your daily work- / personal life. A good teacher aswell! :)

By Tanja I

May 12, 2020

Very interesting insights and thoughts were shared. Relevant if you are a team leader, and strive to better understand the people and culture around you.

By José F G N

May 13, 2018

Very illustrative with excellent examples. The teacher connects anthropological concepts to common situations in business teams and business decisions.

By Pranab K

Nov 3, 2018

Very Insightful. Dr. Urban provides a lot of relevant examples to help the student understand things in a simpler, contextual manner.

By Rick P

Jul 5, 2017

This was a great class that I highly recommend to anyone that wants understand how culture and ritual

affect and influence teams.

By Houssam E H

Jan 12, 2018

as a president of a cultural club, i loved learning more and more about culture and about leadership and working in a team.

By Kira M P B

Nov 18, 2017

So interesting and simple to grab. The professor is fantastic, and excellent at giving real life, appealing examples.

By Christopher L

Mar 9, 2017

an excellent course - Greg Urban is an excellent, informed teacher with great techniques for teaching and learning.

By Abdul Q N

This course was very effective, I liked it and learnt a lot things from Prof. Gres Urban and his works.

By Mark S

May 14, 2019

Excellent course. I highly recommend it. Professor is engaging and full of interesting facts to share.

By SONIA L P G

Apr 3, 2022

Thanks to the course, one understands the importance of working as a team and obtaining good results.