Back to Teach English Now! Second Language Listening, Speaking, and Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Second Language Listening, Speaking, and Pronunciation by Arizona State University

In this course, you will be introduced to some of the challenges of teaching and learning listening and speaking, such as paralinguistics, performance variables, reduced and regional forms, and differing types of oral discourse. Don't worry--you'll learn what those mean, too! Then you'll learn how to ease the acquisition of listening and speaking for your students. The course also highlights the powerful opportunity to include pronunciation in listening and speaking classes and offers strategies to incorporate pronunciation activities....

EP
Dec 25, 2020

As always, great course. I just wish there were more examples for pronunciation activities just like in the speaking and listening section. But in any case, the course was so informative and engaging!

RB
Jan 11, 2021

Thank you so much for doing this course. It really helps me improve my skills in teaching. The lectures and the assignments helps in connect theory to practice. I really enjoyed the class!

76 - 100 of 361 Reviews for Teach English Now! Second Language Listening, Speaking, and Pronunciation

By Mohamed I

Jan 18, 2019

Each and every course I say the instructor could never be more amazing than this and they amaze me more and more. The content is unbeatable.

By cathy

Oct 13, 2017

I benefited a lot. Though I have been teaching for almost ten years, some of the ideas still apply to my classroom and give me inspirations.

By Maia M

May 22, 2017

Thank you for this course. In spite of my experience I gain more and more skills and knowledge through my studying here. Maya Martuchenko

By Aigul Z

Oct 24, 2018

The course is definitely worth accomplishing! Every teacher has to refer to the theories explained here to effectively plan and teach!

By Donnalee C

Mar 6, 2017

I really enjoyed the lessons that related to various parts of the Wizard of Oz....made the class meaningful and "sticky". Well done!

By Gomez G

Oct 23, 2020

An Excellent Course!!!

James and Jessica are wonderful teachers!!!

Thanks to coursera and ASU for this great opportunity!!!!

I´m happy.

By Abigail C

Nov 27, 2019

Great course! Loved the opportunity to keep planning lessons and incorporating skills learned in previous courses in pragmatic ways.

By Bikshipta S D

Apr 26, 2017

Great course!As usual, Dr Shane Dixon and Dr Jessica Cinco were at their usual best. I loved watching their videos and leant a lot.

By Mustapha E A

Mar 30, 2020

I really loved that course. It helped me a lot. I changed my mind about speaking in American accent. I have to keep my accent.

By Munkho G

Feb 24, 2021

I had a lot of fun with this course. The coaches are very good at conveying the content in a playful way. Thank you so much!

By SULIMAN A S A

Aug 12, 2016

Thank you so much, I loved this course. I am looking forward to participating in next course. Once again, Thank you so much.

By Jane M M D

Dec 7, 2020

I learned so much and had a lot of fun in the process, too! Congratulations and thanks much to Dr. Shane Dixon and team!

By Elías O E

Jun 15, 2020

Excellent course, great material, and dynamic professors. Thank you so much for your teaching, enthusiasm, and support!

By Roberto R

Sep 9, 2020

All the courses have been fantastic. The knowledge learned and they way it is taught is wonderful. 100% recommended.

By Serah

Jul 8, 2018

Thank you to all the instructors! it is a rigorous training but you will enjoy the informational benefit for life long

By Olga J G G

Oct 29, 2020

Thanks a million. This course has helped me to improve my teaching knowledge and skills. I really enjoyed each class.

By Cassiano R

Oct 23, 2020

Amazing course. Even if you’re already a teacher you’ll surely learn more things and improve your teaching. Loved it.

By Iram

Jun 21, 2020

I m highly appreciated to my teachers along with coursera who gave me this golden opportunity. Thank you soo much.

By Gustavo N I

Aug 1, 2019

Awesome course! The professors really know how to make it memorable, usable and durable! An asset for your résumé!

By Jose A A C

Jan 4, 2018

Such a great course! Each and every one of this courses is an excellent tool to become a real and amazing teacher!

By KIYINGI I

Nov 19, 2019

It was really great learning a lot of techniques for teaching speaking, listening and pronunciation. thanks lot.

By Liesbeth A v R

Feb 5, 2021

This is a very useful course that taught me a lot about exactly those things that are hard to teach! Thank you!

By Salih D

Aug 13, 2017

its great session to me , I learned several ways in the teaching and what is the general principles

thank you].

By Partha S

Feb 25, 2017

If you want to learn how to teach listening, speaking, and pronunciation in a classroom, this is "the" course.

By EngliShady

Apr 20, 2020

Teaching is an art. Having the tools to teach is the way. This course is a great way to master such tools.