Back to Think Outside the Inbox: Email Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Think Outside the Inbox: Email Marketing by Google

Think Outside the Inbox: Email Marketing is the fourth of seven courses in the Google Digital Marketing & E-commerce Certificate. This course will explore how to execute a successful email marketing campaign. Email marketing is one of the oldest and most proven digital marketing channels, and it is an essential component of an overall digital marketing strategy. Email is a primary channel for many businesses in reaching existing customers, encouraging interaction with the business, driving purchases, and building loyalty. In this course, you’ll explore email marketing and cover topics like: creating an email marketing strategy, executing email campaigns, and measuring the results of those campaigns. You’ll also learn how to use mailing lists and utilize automation and workflows. Google employees who currently work in the field will guide you, providing hands-on activities and examples that simulate common digital marketing and e-commerce tasks while showing you some of the best tools and resources used on the job. Learners who complete the seven courses in this program will be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs in digital marketing and e-commerce. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to do the following: - Write effective preview text and subject lines using best practices - Create email marketing automation and workflows - Build and maintain email lists - Write effective email copy - Conduct contact management and list segmentation - Employ best practices to handle personally identifiable information, or PII, and user data safely - Measure and analyze email campaign results...

SD

Oct 3, 2022

The concept of email marketing was completely new to me. The tutor in this course has gracefully explained different aspects of email marketing. I am extremely happy to gain this unique knowledge.

DJ

Oct 30, 2022

1 - 25 of 190 Reviews for Think Outside the Inbox: Email Marketing

By Michael P

Jun 28, 2022

This one was very repetitive and could have been much shorter. Most of it was common sense, and if you already have a marketing email tool you use, a lot of this stuff is already obvious/built in. Not as much value compared to some of the other courses.

By Chezney M

Aug 2, 2022

I failed the final assessment 5 times. I reviewed the content extensively and it simply wasn't enough information for the inter-changeability of the assessment. A large chunk seemed to be demonstrating the ability to apply marketing jargon, and if that is what needs to be measured, offer enough context for the student to be able to do so. A lack lustre definition of SMART dilineations and marketing segmentations was awful to test under. Also, do not focus on anecdotal speaking in the video component if that is a waste of time for the student; in this situation, it was. Rather than spending video time going on about off-road topics, *prepare the student for the assessment.* The more I find that these courses focus on idle information while setting up time-wasting quizzes asking for hyper-understandings of useless definitions, not caring about the student experience, the more I will go out of my way to offer reviews like this one. A brief course like this is not enough time or space for students to learn jargon that e-commerce university degrees would instill, so don't, *or cover the definitions enough to provide adequate proficiency.*

By Shabnam D

Oct 4, 2022

By Ho Q V

Oct 17, 2022

Thank you very much for your great job!

Lectures are presented very scientifically, easy to understand, easy to take notes for review. I feel the friendliness and energy from the instructors.

By Peiqi C

Sep 26, 2022

I've learn the complete concept of Email Marketing through this course, and most important is able to get lots of template for goal setting , data reporting purpose. Thanks Coursera :)

By Dorotea T

Oct 18, 2022

Very useful and said in a normal speed. I really learned a lot from this course. I only wish they could show us how to work with 1-2 the most popular email automation websites.

By Raina F

Jun 22, 2022

I can't say enough. Every course has been very well structured and put together. My only complaint, is I wish we had more access to the actual instructor for feed back.

By Zafar I

Dec 19, 2022

A lot of the questions in the quiz have wrong answers. For example in the course material it was said that Demographic data would items such as Age, Gender, Income Level, Family status, whereas the choices provide didn't meet any of these criterion. Any one taking these courses will be build their knowledge of false information and concepts. Someone really need to review the quizzes to ensure they are accurate.

By Tony P L

Jan 5, 2023

This course provides most of the essential skillset in email marketing. It offered me the opportunity to have some simple hand on experience in the automating email system and enough practice in writing effective commercial emails and preparing email marketing results. Most importantly, after I completed my practice assignment, this course gave me the example as the "answer key" so that I knew what I was exactly behind.

By Frank C

Jan 1, 2023

So far this instructor was the easiest to understand and follow. She has a good way of speaking without making it sound like she is reading from a teleprompter. As far as the course content goes, I think this one was the most useful so far since it deals with email which has more components than social media since its something you pay to use and have more control of the delivery process.

By Vishweshwaran R

Dec 11, 2022

Whether the program is for someone new in to the digital marketing or a veteran refreshing the basics, there are always takeaways. i learnt about the new tools like mailchimp. With so much of emails, there are useful tips and tricks to create attractive emails (course is aptly titled Think Outside the Inbox) and succeed as an email marketing manager.

By velavan k

Nov 18, 2022

The standard Coursera provides is exceptionally outstanding. The instructors everyone is excellent and outstanding before learning e-mail marketing I thought it's an ordinary task but after getting learnt I need apologize that specialist are how much concerned and how much research and technology behind it. Wow!

By Bhargav P

Jul 24, 2022

I was just amazed at how can I learn E-Mail Marketing, I don't even like to write e-mails, analyze metrics, or presentations. But after this course, I am pretty much confident that I can now handle all the tasks related to e-mail marketing. I can manage the whole e-mail campaign now without any fear and stress.

By Dawn E

Oct 6, 2022

I enjoyed this course immensely and feel much more comfortable in utilizing email marketing. The activities helped give me confidence to continue, and looking at the exemplars really made me rethink some of my responses. It helped make me aware of what I did right, and also how I could do better.

By MD M I

Nov 26, 2022

I love the practical section the most where I created an email campaign from start to finish by following the instructions. I enjoyed that the most and I hope more practical sections will be added in all the courses to have hands-on experience. As a beginner, I loved this course.

By RAJANI K C

Jun 21, 2022

A brilliant course that packs in a great deal of concepts in such a simple yet powerful way. One of the most engaging online course I have attended so far. I am so excited to apply skills learned through this course in coming future. All in all, it was a great learning experience.

By Weronika

Feb 1, 2023

Fantastic course for those who are searching for practical skills. It shows from A to Z how to deal with e-mail marketing. It was a pleasure to study such a content. At least you know that this is the EXACT knowledge you will be using in your future job in digital marketing.

By rizfna n

Aug 12, 2022

Wow. I have gain knowledge after learning this course because its very detailed and you will get some case study to make you like living as digital marketer. Guys, you don't need to doubtful. Go enroll this course and get ready to gain new skill. Happy learning!

By Emily B

Aug 25, 2022

This one was a bit of a challenge, in a good way. I was introduced to a proper formatting techniuqe when building campaigns from start to finish. I also learned about email list segmentation. There were a good amount of activities to keep my mind stimulated.

By Jamal J

Sep 23, 2022

Very engaging and interesting course. What I liked the most in the course is the activities to practice what I have learned especially last week's activity to build and run own email marketing campaign. That was great. Thank you Coursera and Google...

By Arus A

Aug 8, 2022

If I were to pick 1 thing I'm most impressed with, that would be the presenter herself. The course of course was so informative and hands-on. And Miriam did a great job making sense out of all the information we had to consume. Thank you!!!

By Parker G

Nov 15, 2022

Loved the hands-on activities that allow you to get more realistic experience doing email copywriting, segmentation, and analytics than just reading about it and taking a quiz on it! Would've loved a peer review assignment as well.

By Lesley S

Sep 29, 2022

I loved how much this course was activity based. Getting the hands-on practice was fantastic! I know I will use some of it in my portfolio. I do wish we had more interaction from teachers and other students in the class.

By Misael S A

Jan 4, 2023

Wow its quite dificult for me but yet, took my time but its about understanding the material not to pass it.

I like how its all here i just had to take my time and read through this and do the activities.

Thanks Coursera.