Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

LM

Sep 23, 2019

I really liked the peer reviews at the end. It was a great way to view other examples of how different projects, industries, and teams have used design thinking. The course was easy to follow as well.

MV

Dec 01, 2016

As a design manager I should say this course actually opened my eyes to a new world. I hope be able to make good changes in my world by using this knowledge more and more in my life. Thanks to All :)

951 - 975 of 1,008 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Tanuja P

Apr 19, 2018

The subject is very useful. But the way it has been taught --- it felt that the instructors were reading from a book. I am specially surprised because these courses are meant to be for an international audience, many of whom do not have American-English as their primary language. There were so many references to America-specific phrases and cultural concepts!

By Cortlandt C

Sep 19, 2016

I audited this course. The videos are in fact useful. However, it would appear that the real interaction is reserved for the later weeks of the course. Thus moving from theory to application can be a bit abstract. Of course I did purchase the book and workbook created by the author and have found them to have additional material to support application.

By Daniel H

Apr 16, 2019

Very interesting course. I will apply it in my daily professional and personal life.

I would have loved to have some more material, but I totally understand that when talking about innovation it's not that easy to get materials and videos.

Very easy to follow and it totally catched my attention from the beginning. Many thanks.

By Christopher K

Mar 20, 2018

I felt the course materials could be presented in a more easy-to-digest format, while the selected speakers could be more succinct in their presentations and less subjectively opinionated, especially Ed Hesse. I feel this destroys credibility when too much emotion and superlatives are invoked.

By Erick A R A d l S

Jan 08, 2018

In the videos you should apply the visualization tool to explain ideas further, they are purely verbal and can get to be boring. There should be an assignment for each concept to fully understand the design thinking tools.

It is too vague ; The lack of interaction and assignments don't help.

By Mohit A

Apr 30, 2017

Appreciate this course a lot, it was crisp and to the point. Major focus was on using Design Thinking tool.

The only downside was the lack of reference material. Course should include the slides that were presented in the video as well as some additional reading material (available for free)

By Marc M

Mar 07, 2017

Interesting course, but the evaluation process should be reworked with weekly quizz to ensure that the main concepts have been understood and a different final exam which does not assume that you already had the opportunity to apply and reflect upon what you have learned

By James K

Dec 27, 2018

Lecturer is un-engaging, very little emotion shown and monotonous, just your run off the mill reading-off teleprompter with a poor background.

Slides look like they were created in one of the earlier version of powerpoint so not engaging

By Jordan H

Dec 10, 2019

Not very engaging or interactive since it is just watching videos. I wish that there were some exercises using the extra resources like all of the mind mapping charts or brainstorming activities for a grade throughout the course.

By Andrea M

Nov 03, 2019

The course is interesting and may work as a general introduction. nevertheless the lessons and the material made available in form of slides is not sufficient to really become knowledgeable about the presented methods.

By Sam E

Oct 24, 2016

The course videos are well made and insightful. Except for the very end there are no quizzes and assignments. This misses out what for me is a vital part of the learning experience, regular feedback and reflection.

By VERONICA B H

Nov 01, 2016

I would appreciate more practical cases with the detailed methodology that were applied. Also I will love external resources to study and examples of design thinking applied in different types of industries

By Shrinivas

Dec 01, 2019

The course, although is good for anyone who wants to take a step towards design thinking, but more examples, theory and detailing can make it better and help us retain and apply the learnings.

By Alessandra M

Jan 06, 2017

The content is very interesting and I learned a lot about Design Thinking. However, the lecturer sounds like she's reading the text, which sometimes makes it hard to focus on what she's saying.

By Dmitry A

Feb 05, 2018

This might have been a great course, if it was called Design Thinking 101. Somehow I expected more of content, frameworks and details. More engagement like assignments would also be great.

By Simon C

Aug 05, 2017

The first few modules where the basics are covered are much more useful than the final modules, where things felt more like promotional vehicles for their books and services.

By Penny P

Apr 01, 2017

This course provides a good understanding of the DT steps with concrete application examples. However, it requires additional readings to be able to apply this learning

By Bianca G

Jul 04, 2018

Good course to provide a good understanding of what is design thinking and its process, but doesn't give us practical experience and cases for testi

By Stefano F

Dec 12, 2019

Good course, overall. I would have liked some more in-depth explanation on some of the tools (like personas, brainstorming or rapid-prototyping)

By Felipe A C

Nov 27, 2015

The course is pretty uneventful. I have done some courses from other universities, which are more interactive and fun. But the content is great!

By Shubham K S

Aug 30, 2018

I wish the subject was bit more clear. I felt i lost direction in between the lectures about the main goal of the lecture.

By Giulianno C C

Feb 11, 2016

Great materials, great learning system! I could get some inspiration and learning, but i thought it was to short.

By Felipe M

Nov 05, 2016

Could be less generic! The exemples are a little bit abstract, not much hands on or practical.

By Arren A

Oct 28, 2019

No supplemental materials like PDF and downloadable illustrations in image format

By Gyr M

Jan 25, 2017

The course is made for managers who want to get on the innovation wagon.