Back to Responsive Website Basics: Code with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Responsive Website Basics: Code with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript by University of London

In this course you will learn three key website programming and design languages: HTML, CSS and JavaScript. You will create a web page using basic elements to control layout and style. Additionally, your web page will support interactivity. At the end of the course, you will be able to: 1. Define the purpose of HTML, CSS and JavaScript 2. Make a simple web page using HTML 3. Use CSS to control text styles and layout 4. Use CSS libraries such as Bootstrap to create responsive layouts 5. Use JavaScript variables and functions 6. Manipulate web page content using JavaScript 7. Respond to user input using JavaScript In this course, you will complete: 2 assignments writing HTML, CSS and JavaScript, each taking ~1 hour to complete 4 quizzes, each taking ~20 minutes to complete 1 programming exercise~30 minutes to complete multiple practice quizzes, each taking ~5 minutes to complete Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes....

DA

May 26, 2018

This is an excellent course for the basics in html, css and js I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wanted to build a simple but interactive website using one of the many frameworks available

CM

Oct 10, 2017

Thought the course did a great job of teaching the basics without getting too ahead of itself. All of the sample code was well commented out to explain exactly what the code did which was very helpful

226 - 250 of 1,591 Reviews for Responsive Website Basics: Code with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript

By Karl W

Oct 1, 2015

Currently on Week 2 and have been learning a lot. Couldn't have picked better instructors for this course, they put lessons in a very easy to understand manner.

By Matthew I

Sep 30, 2019

well, it has been awesome so far, I thought it would be difficult but my teachers are really amazing and they made the course digestible as it has been for me.

By Joshua K

Mar 12, 2016

Content and pace are appropriate for beginners, and provide a high level overview of the technologies involved in Frontend web design with modern technologies.

By Juhi

Mar 9, 2016

The course was very good and provided me enough opportunity to explore my designing skills especially javascript. But the assignments could be more specific.

By Marcus J

Mar 7, 2016

Good basic introduction! I appreciate that it looks at both jQuery and javaScript; CSS media queries and Bootstrap, allowing the student to compare the two.

By Lorna B

Jan 2, 2016

Excellent review of the basics. If you are new to these topics great too, but spend the time to make sure you understand these fundamentals before moving on.

By Rudo T

Thank you for the course, I have started to understand Javascript which is a language that was giving me quite a hard time. I look forward to learning more!

By Melvin S

Apr 15, 2022

Great course and well explain for anyone with no programming background and experience. This is a beginner course to give you some foundations to build on.

By S V

Jul 17, 2019

The course was very well planned out and informative. I learned a great deal of useful information and I feel confident to start making websites on my own.

By Sudharsan V

Jul 9, 2016

Amazing course. Although the course is for a month, I finished this course in about 2 weekends. Recommended course for someone fresh into web development.

By DICKSON M

Mar 13, 2021

This is really an exceptional course for any person who wants to learn web development. The explanations are on point and the course is well structured.

By Vivek P q

Jan 19, 2020

course was very useful i had a great learning experience with Coursera . If you are a beginner in web development you should definitely check this out .

By Melina

Jan 25, 2016

Everything is so clear and well structured, and activities and quizzes are well designed. I really enjoy watching the videos. Thanks for a great course!

By Matthew A

Aug 22, 2018

This course is great for beginners. It moves along at a nice pace and give simples homework assignments to help anyone get started learning the basics.

By John R C

Apr 10, 2018

It was nice and developed, easy to follow, and thorough! Though, I agree that it felt like it was HTML, CSS, and JavaScript for Image Gallery Design :P

By CHITRESH K

Dec 23, 2017

Nice entry level course to get you started in the field . Going for entire specialisation as many projects are covered . Thank you for the nice course.

By Igor M

Sep 28, 2016

Nice introduction. I wasn't following the lectures that close, because the material was not that new to me, but the assignments and quizzes are amazing

By Shelbie T

Jul 28, 2017

I've learned a lot with this course.

I definitely recommend taking this course if you want to learn and follow along and code with the video tutorials!

By MANASA S

Jun 13, 2021

It is a very good course, as the name says it gives basic information about Responsive website also provided with references to learn more knowledge.

By Abhishek C

The course is great , the teachers taught well and i expect bit more complications in the further specialisation otherwise things are of no meaning .

By Jean-Luc B

Sep 23, 2016

Great course!

I appreciate sharing your expertise on this subject. I learnt a lot and recommend this course to anyone interested in web development.

By Ana C F d P

Dec 13, 2015

Excellent course. Even after I finished, I`m still studying. Very practical and with a lot of good suggested sources to improve learning experience.

By Gerardo E C A

Feb 10, 2016

Nice course for those who want to start developing web applications, keep on the course until the end. PS. Meteor is awesome, I love it.

By Arya P P K

Aug 10, 2020

it's great! Explained every topics in a very good manner. The peer graded assignments are very helpful to understand the topics deeply

By Pilar M A

Jul 3, 2020

Thank you for opportunity and to our professor. You are the best, I'm loving the lesson and programming because of the right professor.