Back to Introduction to Ableton Live

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Ableton Live by Berklee College of Music

In the past, Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs) were programs used only by audio engineers with a highly specific knowledge base, on machines inaccessible to most people. But over the past 10-15 years, DAWs and the act of recording music have evolved from being a luxury of the few to being available to the masses. Ableton Live is one such application. Used by an extremely broad range of music creators, Ableton Live not only facilitates the work of engineers, producers, and writers in professional, home, and mobile studio settings, but it is also a powerful platform for musicians on stage, in the DJ booth, and elsewhere. In this course, you will explore some of Live’s most powerful and useful functionality: MIDI programming, audio recording, warping and processing, looping editing, mixing, performing, file management, and troubleshooting. Meant to be a springboard for those who are new to Ableton Live and/or DAWs in general, this three-week course will provide you with a strong knowledge base for using Live to take your musical ideas from conception to final recording. The course breaks down the many barriers of entry into music technology and encourages all those who wish, to create fearlessly. Note: If you do not own Ableton Live 9, you can download the free, fully featured Ableton Live Trial. The trial version will allow you to save and export your work for 30 days. If you use the trial version, do not download it until the course is scheduled to begin....

BO

Jun 30, 2018

Great first introduction into Ableton. Very clear and structured unlike a lot of the free tutorials out there. I would love to see a part 2 of this course that goes into more advanced topics.

JE

Oct 05, 2015

This is already very, very helpful with mastering the use of Ableton, understanding how the I/O functions work, and polishing a track to the mastering level. Great program and very intuitive!

1 - 25 of 240 Reviews for Introduction to Ableton Live

By Gretchen

Jun 13, 2019

Very fun specially to connect with people who are learning the same as you and working to get better

By Christian A T P

May 12, 2019

Excelente curso, buena información y buen contenido.

By Tan s B

Mar 26, 2019

Exelent Program

By Nicholas S

Feb 07, 2019

Great intro course, but needs to be updated!

By Maria Q

Jan 15, 2019

This course got me up and running with Ableton Live very quickly. Before I started I was feeling daunted by the complexity of the software. Three weeks later I can navigate the interface proficiently and I'm able to produce some interesting sounds using the knowledge and confidence I've gained.

By Cebanu M

Jan 13, 2019

The entire course is good, but it seems to be outdated already

By Paul L

Jan 03, 2019

Excelente Curso, saludos desde Global Dance Radio #Colombia ;)

By Assaad M

Dec 08, 2018

Very insightful , the course allowed me to better organize my music, and achieve cleaner sound.

Even though it is basic, the fact is that when you are interacting with the community and submitting assignments, allows you to dive deeper into the creative process.

I highly recommend this course for any amateurs outhere willing to take their skills to another level.

Thank you coursera, and berklee for making this course available

By Loai T M H S

Dec 04, 2018

great material great teacher and needed knowledge .

By

Oct 30, 2018

Thankyou for getting me started on the long road to production :)

By Vincent O

Sep 27, 2018

Awesome course for getting to learn your way around Ableton as well as how to go about making music on Ableton Live.

By pau c d m

Sep 06, 2018

Very good course

By Adrie B

Sep 02, 2018

Great way to get started for beginners. Thanks for these amazing tutorials.

By Teresa K

Jul 14, 2018

Very Helpful! Very achievable!

By Ben O

Jun 30, 2018

By Nicolas B

Jun 21, 2018

amazing, i learnt how to use the software correctly

By Hai y

Jun 07, 2018

tQ

By Nihan G

Apr 16, 2018

great startup

By Dinesh P

Apr 14, 2018

Well structured course. Best suit for someone who has a basic knowledge about production already.

By Samuel H J

Mar 25, 2018

Some of the quizzes aren't very helpful early on, but it's a beginner class, so I think it's pretty good! I've been using Ableton for a while and still learned some new stuff.

By Andreea B

Mar 21, 2018

Really enjoyed this course. The videos are created as tutorials and are very easy to understand. Before this course I took the Technology of Music Production course as well which was of great help in understanding the notions in this course.

By Nicolás V

Mar 05, 2018

This course is amazing. It's an introduction for the world of Ableton Live. But also to start composing and even understanding more if you already use it.

By Alex C

Feb 28, 2018

great start to ableton live for a newbie

By Danielle M

Feb 20, 2018

I was so happy with my results after taking this course with Erin! After learning so much, I realized that I did not need a team of people (engineers, producers, etc.) to help me launch. Taking the course gave me the confidence I needed to get serious about my music.

By Nina J

Feb 12, 2018

I am thankful to this course for giving me exactly what I hoped for - a great start into Ableton, and all the tools I needed to start making music with it. It was especially encouraging and motivating to have a woman instructor. Girl power!