Back to Introduction to Ableton Live

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Ableton Live by Berklee College of Music

The new version of Introduction to Ableton Live featuring Ableton Live 10 will launch on April 20! In the past, Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs) were programs used only by audio engineers with a highly specific knowledge base, on machines inaccessible to most people. But over the past 10-15 years, DAWs and the act of recording music have evolved from being a luxury of the few to being available to the masses. Ableton Live is one such application. Used by an extremely broad range of music creators, Ableton Live not only facilitates the work of engineers, producers, and writers in professional, home, and mobile studio settings, but it is also a powerful platform for musicians on stage, in the DJ booth, and elsewhere. In this Ableton Certified Training Center course developed by Berklee Online, you will explore some of Live’s most powerful and useful functionality: MIDI programming, audio recording, warping and processing, looping editing, mixing, performing, file management, and troubleshooting. Meant to be a springboard for those who are new to Ableton Live and/or DAWs in general, this three-week course will provide you with a strong knowledge base for using Live to take your musical ideas from conception to final recording. The course breaks down the many barriers of entry into music technology and encourages all those who wish, to create fearlessly. Note: If you do not own Ableton Live 10, you can download the free, fully featured Ableton Live Trial. The trial version will allow you to save and export your work for 30 days. If you use the trial version, do not download it until the course is scheduled to begin....

BO

Jun 30, 2018

Great first introduction into Ableton. Very clear and structured unlike a lot of the free tutorials out there. I would love to see a part 2 of this course that goes into more advanced topics.

JE

Oct 05, 2015

This is already very, very helpful with mastering the use of Ableton, understanding how the I/O functions work, and polishing a track to the mastering level. Great program and very intuitive!

26 - 50 of 299 Reviews for Introduction to Ableton Live

By Nikki S

Sep 07, 2020

Erin was a great instructor. I had a bit of previous experience with Ableton so it definitely filled in some gaps! I think the Max Live section wasn't necessary (as not all people have access to that) so that time could've been spent on more mixing info. Overall, great course and would highly recommend.

By Nicholas L

Jul 31, 2020

While there is a lot to learn on Ableton Live and it is impossible to cover everything in a mere 3 weeks, this course by Erin definitely helped give me a good introduction into the world of DAWs! As much as I hate the technical work here, I definitely learned a lot and benefited greatly from the course.

By Maria Q

Jan 15, 2019

This course got me up and running with Ableton Live very quickly. Before I started I was feeling daunted by the complexity of the software. Three weeks later I can navigate the interface proficiently and I'm able to produce some interesting sounds using the knowledge and confidence I've gained.

By Cassandra R

Mar 12, 2016

I have learned so much about using Ableton Live in this course. It really gives you the basic of the program and then some which is really great, especially when you want to use this program for producing and or recording. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in Ableton and Berklee Online.

By Dani M

Feb 20, 2018

I was so happy with my results after taking this course with Erin! After learning so much, I realized that I did not need a team of people (engineers, producers, etc.) to help me launch. Taking the course gave me the confidence I needed to get serious about my music.

By Kent

Jan 18, 2016

This course is a challenging into to Ableton Live. It is well worth the time for even experienced producers who are new to Ableton Live. I first got Ableton Live in November 2015. It is now January 2016 and I feel like I have come a long way thanks to this course.

By Steven T

Dec 01, 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. The time commitment required for each week's assignment was perfect. I learned several techniques to aid me in going forward in my musical endeavors and look forward to many years of continuing to explore Ableton Live.

By Adis B

Aug 11, 2015

Fantastic Course, i have saved the videos so i can review them again.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, all over again. This was the second time i joined Introduction to Ableton Live but this time i decided to get my verified Certificate yay! Thank you Erin!

By Andreea B

Mar 21, 2018

Really enjoyed this course. The videos are created as tutorials and are very easy to understand. Before this course I took the Technology of Music Production course as well which was of great help in understanding the notions in this course.

By Nina J

Feb 12, 2018

I am thankful to this course for giving me exactly what I hoped for - a great start into Ableton, and all the tools I needed to start making music with it. It was especially encouraging and motivating to have a woman instructor. Girl power!

By Jennifer L

Dec 28, 2015

I never ever would have gotten started with Ableton if it weren't for Erin's course. She made it SO easy to understand. For years, people have tried to explain it to me but only Erin succeeded in making it sink in! This course ROCKS.

By Kurakin A

Sep 29, 2019

Awesome, useful, inspiring and extremely helpful. You could clearly see the outcome by comparing your records BEFORE and AFTER. The course forces you to actually work on your tracks with all the tools it teaches you straightaway.

By lisa B

Apr 29, 2016

Erin Barra is an excellent teacher; one of the best I've ever encountered. The course plan is well thought out and structured so that absolute beginners as well as those with Ableton experience can benefit. Highly recommend!!!

By Johanna M

Aug 28, 2015

This is a great course to introduce anyone interested in music production. I would recommend this course to any and everyone. Thank you Berklee and Erin! Can you tell I enjoyed this.And the Beats continue.

Johanna -JKM

By SHIRAI R

Apr 16, 2020

Erin ma'am really is great at conveying the the basics efficiently as well as encouraging us to keep experimenting and playing around in order for us to discover our own unique sound and build an originality.

By Joshua P

May 08, 2016

Simply an introduction but definitely helps learn the program, at least on a surface level. You will gain basic functionality and be well on your way to crafting more complex arrangements if you desire.

By Beto J

Nov 02, 2015

This was such a cool way to get started again with music production!!...I'm so glad I found this course, and Erin was perfect, she made everthing so clear and easy...I wish it was a longer course tho!

By James E

Oct 05, 2015

By Ben O

Jun 30, 2018

By Vitória R C

Nov 23, 2017

Valeu cada minuto. Adorei a experiência, foi meu primeiro curso online e já me inscrevi no próximo. Acredito que os novos conhecimentos, assim como o certificado, vão me abrir muitas portas.

By Gavin D

Jun 15, 2016

An excellent introduction to an extremely powerful Digital Audio Workstation - one which I had used for a few months but still learned a great deal from the course.

Highly recommended. :)

By Ivan K

Aug 14, 2015

Fun and interesting course. I learned a lot, despite already being a Live user. Reviewing the assignments of other course-takers widened my horizons and helped me gain valuable insights.

By Arturo M

May 30, 2017

Really good course, helps you learn and understand the basics of Ableton Live. I didn't understand the program at all, and now I can use it and want to eventually buy the full version.

By John D

I absolutely loved this course. Very incredible work done by Erin, and I learned a ton more about Ableton Live than I knew before, and it has really improved my music making skills.

By Nikolaos

Oct 27, 2015

A great course. It does teach you the essentials on how to begin making music with Ableton live. It even helps you search on your own if you troubleshoot. Its definitely worth it!!!