Back to Introduction to Ableton Live

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Ableton Live by Berklee College of Music

In the past, Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs) were programs used only by audio engineers with a highly specific knowledge base, on machines inaccessible to most people. But over the past 10-15 years, DAWs and the act of recording music have evolved from being a luxury of the few to being available to the masses. Ableton Live is one such application. Used by an extremely broad range of music creators, Ableton Live not only facilitates the work of engineers, producers, and writers in professional, home, and mobile studio settings, but it is also a powerful platform for musicians on stage, in the DJ booth, and elsewhere. In this course, you will explore some of Live’s most powerful and useful functionality: MIDI programming, audio recording, warping and processing, looping editing, mixing, performing, file management, and troubleshooting. Meant to be a springboard for those who are new to Ableton Live and/or DAWs in general, this three-week course will provide you with a strong knowledge base for using Live to take your musical ideas from conception to final recording. The course breaks down the many barriers of entry into music technology and encourages all those who wish, to create fearlessly. Note: If you do not own Ableton Live 9, you can download the free, fully featured Ableton Live Trial. The trial version will allow you to save and export your work for 30 days. If you use the trial version, do not download it until the course is scheduled to begin....

JE

Oct 05, 2015

This is already very, very helpful with mastering the use of Ableton, understanding how the I/O functions work, and polishing a track to the mastering level. Great program and very intuitive!

DS

Sep 12, 2015

I'm now taking this course a second time because it is so absolutely helpful and has really given me a free and friendly place to learn how to use Ableton and get started on music production!

201 - 225 of 242 Reviews for Introduction to Ableton Live

By Cebanu M

Jan 13, 2019

The entire course is good, but it seems to be outdated already

By Manish P S

Aug 19, 2015

Great course. Got me started off with Ableton live. :)

By GAGAN J

Dec 01, 2016

A very good course for getting a quick and effective introduction to one of the coolest DAWs around! Barra has explained everything nicely, and in an easy to grasp manner. Go ahead if you're looking for digital music production even remotely!

By Sudhir K

Jun 27, 2016

Very helpful in acquiring necessary knowledge about Live. I would recommend this course to several others like me interested to get their hands on Ableton.

By Gregor S

Sep 27, 2016

Gives a soft view and precise information about what to do and how to do in Live.

If you are looking for some input to start recording yourself or to start creating any kind of music, i strongly recommend this!

By Simon L

Feb 04, 2016

Learned a lot. Got me started and using the program, and making music.

By Martin K

Sep 27, 2015

Great course, I just wanted it to be more thorough :) But for beginners like me, it really helped a lot! Thank you!

By Mario V M

Nov 29, 2016

Perfect Starting point to Ableton Live!!!

By Jason

Oct 19, 2015

Good information!

By David A

Oct 06, 2015

It is very nice for people are starting with abletobn program

By Juan E

Nov 02, 2015

Nice!

By Peter T

May 16, 2017

Overall a pretty good course. I understand the basics of Ableton Live 9 now after I completed the course. Also without prior knowledge of music production, the assignments can be somewhat tough.

By jose m

Oct 16, 2015

Very interesting.

By Kinich U M B

Jun 14, 2016

great

By Samuel H J

Mar 25, 2018

Some of the quizzes aren't very helpful early on, but it's a beginner class, so I think it's pretty good! I've been using Ableton for a while and still learned some new stuff.

By Angelene M S V

Nov 06, 2015

Very good instructions of the teacher!

By Mateusz D

Jan 31, 2017

Good as a introduction, but there was only a few people on blend so it was hard to earn their votes, hope there will apear some intermediate or advanced courses.

By Mortimer R

Nov 04, 2015

Very good introduction to this software, teatcher is great and very easy to understand. I have learned a lot of good stuffs such as how to warp audio, convert audio to midi and so on... I was used to work on cubase and I have discovered the specifities and the advantages of Live.

Moreover thanks to the assignment objectives I had to force myself to be creative and It was a great feelig.

Thanks for this course :)

By Nisarg

Mar 18, 2017

Offers a nice introduction to Ableton and its Usage. However it would have been lovely if this was a longer course.. Loved the way of instructions and the topics covered.

By Albert B

Dec 07, 2016

If only it was a week longer.

By Kunal D

Jun 01, 2016

Good course . A must take for beginners !

By David R

Sep 21, 2016

Great for getting me started. I feel much more confident in navigating my way around the Ableton workspace. Using blend has opened me up to some wonderful ideas and opportunities :)

By Edwin H

Oct 07, 2015

Great Introduction into the program....a quick look. I felt the tutorial in the program covered a lot and most of the info here can be found on youtube. Although you don't get a certificate for watching youtube

By Joris H

Feb 06, 2018

Very clear and educational. Basic concepts very well explained.

By Erick A

Oct 06, 2016

Excellent experience. Material, instructor and pace of the course were really good.