Back to ADHD: Everyday Strategies for Elementary Students

Learner Reviews & Feedback for ADHD: Everyday Strategies for Elementary Students by University at Buffalo

This course will provide an overview of ADHD diagnosis and treatment. Course participants can expect to learn about ADHD as a developmental disorder that begins early in childhood, and participants will also learn about evidence-based approaches for diagnosing ADHD. Following that, two evidence-based treatment approaches (the Daily Report Card and Parenting Strategies) will be introduced. (Note these course activities are informational and are not intended to replace working with a licensed/trained professional). Learning Objectives: Students will be able to identify the behaviors characteristic of ADHD, the components of a diagnosis, and evidence-based treatment procedures that can be used in the school or home. 1. Identify the key areas of functional impairment, symptom presentation, and diagnostic decision-making for youth with ADHD. 2. Develop a behavioral intervention suitable for treating ADHD in the school setting. 3. Apply effective parenting and teaching strategies for supporting youth with ADHD in the home, classroom, and neighborhood....

AB

Oct 19, 2020

Very easy to follow and informative course. Learned some things that I didn't know even though I have two children with ADHD. Would definitely recommend to parents who are wondering what they can do.

MS

Feb 23, 2020

Thank you for your helpful and professional efforts. The information you shared so kindly will be extremely useful to me as both a parent to an extremely bright and kind ADHD child and as a teacher.

76 - 100 of 578 Reviews for ADHD: Everyday Strategies for Elementary Students

By GIRIJAKUMARI R

May 2, 2020

Very informative. I have learned various strategy in the management of ADHD.

But only at the end of the session it came to know that completion certificate only for paid members. Otherwise ADHD knowledge are worthy.

By Erica C

May 3, 2020

Overall, the course was concise and apt for a brief understanding of the basic concepts of ADHD. The intervention strategy was definitely a novel lesson for me in terms of intervention for the treatment of ADHD.

By Meagan H

Mar 25, 2018

A wealth of useful and practical (which is most valuable in my opinion) information on not only helping a child with ADHD succeed, but helping the adults in said child's life understand the nature of ADHD better.

By Aida K

Jun 27, 2021

Thank you very much. a very valuable course! I already started implementing what I have learned with my own son and hope to implement everything I discovered as soon as possible in my classroom.

Thank you again.

By Jelena M

May 14, 2017

Very organized and very useful course! Good strategies are shown and how to make differences working, living and having a quality time (by quality time I mean how we can organize time) with children with ADHD.

By Alyssa J P

Sep 14, 2020

The professor explains the topic very well and the resource materials are great. It's much easier to study this course compared to others yet it is very insightful. Thank you for the free learning experience!

By Nancy L R

Feb 2, 2022

This course was concise and informative without being too dry and wordy. All materials were presented in an easy to understand format and all resources will be helpful in both a school and home environment.

By Cristina B

Oct 7, 2016

Great tips for parents and teachers. Useful tools for classrooms and resources to work in home with a child with ADHD. I strongly recommend this course if you're a teacher or a parent with a child with ADHD.

By Melissa M

Jan 27, 2018

I learnt few strategies to deal with ADHD children, I was given lots of valuable materials and resources to increase my knowledge about the topic and it was short but enjoyable. So I recommend this course.

By Diego B M

Nov 29, 2017

Es una pena para las personas que no se manejen bien con el Inglés porque me ha parecido un curso bastante completo y que aporta muchas estrategias para mejorar a la hora de convivir con personas con tdah.

By Sunaira

Aug 21, 2019

My name is Sunaira. I am 27 years old. It is a great experience to learn ADHD course. Apart from that, it gave me a lot of knowledge through which i was far away.

Thanks for making these courses for us.

By Anessah B

Oct 20, 2020

By Yasmin B

Feb 7, 2021

A great course to revisit and explore behaviour management strategies for children with ADHA and tip on how to develop a collective plan to achieve social and academic goals in the classroom.

By Clara N

Sep 14, 2018

It is a really well structured course, it gives useful information and several strategies to use both at home and at school. Recommended if you are a teacher or a parent with a kid with ADHD.

By Cathleen G

Apr 29, 2021

This course was clear and succinct. The information and concrete strategies, along with the wealth of resources have empowered my understanding and given me aids to reference in the future.

By Jean H

Jun 14, 2022

The course focused on the precise behaviors and strategies needed to gude student to success.

The informationwas presented visually and to listen to, and was presented inwell paced modules.

By Lorena M

Feb 17, 2022

Amei o curso! Contéudos de altissima qualidade que agregaram e muito a minha prática Psicopedagógica. O professor super comprometido e com excelentes explicações de forma clara e objetiva.

By Janki I

Sep 21, 2019

The course materials and videos are easy to understand. The behavioral interventions and the strategies are effective to work with children with ADHD especially DRC and its consequences.

By Manikanta K

Mar 23, 2019

Highly recommended for the teachers and parents who are facing issues with Attention Deficiency and Hyperactivity among the children. Learned lot of insights and intervention strategies.

By Jacob Z

Jul 24, 2020

Very informative! Lectures are succinct and helpful, with many good resources being shared. Only complaint is that a few of the linked resources go to pages that are no longer active.

By Eva C M G

Oct 20, 2019

Me gusto mucho todo lo que me aporto este curso, lo recomendaría sin problemas, a pesar de que no soy psicóloga las explicaciones y las clases eran muy claras e interesantes. gracias

By MILAGRO A

Aug 5, 2020

What a great course. This is my first course with Coursera, and It won't be the last one for sure. The materials are great and the Power points are very clear. Thank you very much.

By Raeesa E

Jun 7, 2020

Really enjoyed the course. I am a speech-therapist and I learnt some great information to incorporate into my therapy sessions and for feedback sessions with parents and teachers.

By Andy W

Nov 12, 2017

The course is well delivered and concise, has some great resources and references.

I would highly recommend it for anyone wanting to learn about ADHD or reinforce prior learning.

Jul 14, 2020

This has some great information, this gave me better understanding on what my son is going through. It gave me ideas on how to praise my child when he is doing good and provid