Back to ADHD: Everyday Strategies for Elementary Students

Learner Reviews & Feedback for ADHD: Everyday Strategies for Elementary Students by University at Buffalo

This course will provide an overview of ADHD diagnosis and treatment. Course participants can expect to learn about ADHD as a developmental disorder that begins early in childhood, and participants will also learn about evidence-based approaches for diagnosing ADHD. Following that, two evidence-based treatment approaches (the Daily Report Card and Parenting Strategies) will be introduced. (Note these course activities are informational and are not intended to replace working with a licensed/trained professional). Learning Objectives: Students will be able to identify the behaviors characteristic of ADHD, the components of a diagnosis, and evidence-based treatment procedures that can be used in the school or home. 1. Identify the key areas of functional impairment, symptom presentation, and diagnostic decision-making for youth with ADHD. 2. Develop a behavioral intervention suitable for treating ADHD in the school setting. 3. Apply effective parenting and teaching strategies for supporting youth with ADHD in the home, classroom, and neighborhood....

HK

Nov 02, 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed doing the course.Very interesting activities and quizzes. Lots of useful information and effective strategies for parents and teachers. Real hands on and practical suggestions.

AM

Oct 16, 2017

The course material and the videos/lecture were very simple and easy to understand. Every parent and teacher and counselor can make use of this. Thanks Coursera for giving such a wonderful course.

101 - 125 of 428 Reviews for ADHD: Everyday Strategies for Elementary Students

By Luisa S

Feb 02, 2018

I love it!!!!! Very professional and practical learning, I understood what ADHD is and how to manage kids with this disorder to flourish.

By EDGAR D

Aug 13, 2017

Very good, practical and interesting course to lear strategies to help my student and kids in general with TDAH, happy I took this course.

By Dalia I M

Jul 29, 2017

very very effective helpful handy content in a very considerable way it would help you a lot if you are studying social work or psychology

By Gilla B

Jun 23, 2017

I have a daughter who was diagnosed with ADHD and for the few hours I study I have learnt so much. I love this course. Thank you Coursera

By Seddik B

Aug 01, 2020

The course is so helpful in learning about ADHD. The videos are short, the quizzes are also well put. I highly recommend this courses.

By Drita C T

Jul 09, 2020

I enjoyed taking this course. The materials and the videos shared in this course will be a great support for my coming academic year.

By Salocha K

Oct 30, 2017

This is my first time studying at coursera. I really enjoyed it. I love this class very much. It's very nice and useful for my career.

By Egemen K

Jul 26, 2020

The course was designed very well, and I think the strategies mentioned here can be applied for many cases when we consider children.

By Jessica B

Jun 15, 2020

I found this course really informative and it provided strategies and resources I could apply to my school and home life immediately.

By Brendalyn R P

Feb 27, 2018

Clear and easy to follow. It is very informative and had given examples where teachers and parents really encounter in a daily basis.

By Javiera V

Jan 18, 2018

Muy buen curso, ideal para reaprender especificaciones de TDAH y lograr entregar al ususario y a su familia todo el apoyo necesario.

By Avtarnika O L

May 30, 2017

INDEED A VERY BEAUTIFUL COURSE, IT HAS ADDED A NEW PARADIGM TO LOOK AT ADHD AND ALSO I HAVE GOT NEW IDEAS TO HELP CHILDREN WITH ADHD

By Pham A

Oct 06, 2017

The course is really great. I have achieved more knowledge about ADHD, which will be so helpful for my study on Special Education.

By vimarsha

Jul 31, 2016

The course content was very relevant and to the point. Especially the focus on interventions and strategies are easy to implement.

By Blanca G M V

Mar 24, 2017

I enjoyed the simplicity but at the same time depthness of the course, it gave me usefull and easy to apply tools in my practice.

By Thayalani N G

Apr 21, 2020

iTS A VERY GOOD COURSE AND I WAS WONDERING IF IT CAN BE MADE INTO A COURSE ON ADHD, FOR EXAMPLE, A PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION?

By Jenna P

Jul 25, 2019

I really enjoyed this course and learned important information and strategies to help my students (and myself) with ADD/ADHD!

By Paul I O V

Jun 20, 2018

the information we review was very useful and they show you how can you put it in practice. easy to understand and replicate.

By maria f m r

Sep 08, 2017

excelente herramienta parea padres y docentes que tratan niños con TDAH incluso estrategias abarcables para niños en general.

By Vaishali D

Apr 12, 2020

This course is very helpful as a teacher now I will surely able to handle my students in a positive way. Thank you very much

By elenita_gio_leo@hotmail.com

Nov 04, 2017

excelente curso, posee ideas claras, precias y concretas con lo cual uno como estudiante comprende y pone a prueba consejos.

By céline S A

Sep 04, 2020

I loved this course!!!!!

I am so excited to use everthing I learned to support my students with ADHD.

By Julvia M C

Nov 06, 2019

Este curso te da teoría y las estrategias necesarias que se pueden aplicar realmente en una aula como profesora o en casa.

By Stacey

May 03, 2016

I learned so much about ADHD and I love the practical component of the course e.g. strategies that can be used. Thank you

By Aliya A

Sep 02, 2020

Very helpful!!! Helps you improving your teaching skills especially in an area where most of the teachers seems to fail.