Back to ADHD: Everyday Strategies for Elementary Students

Learner Reviews & Feedback for ADHD: Everyday Strategies for Elementary Students by University at Buffalo

This course will provide an overview of ADHD diagnosis and treatment. Course participants can expect to learn about ADHD as a developmental disorder that begins early in childhood, and participants will also learn about evidence-based approaches for diagnosing ADHD. Following that, two evidence-based treatment approaches (the Daily Report Card and Parenting Strategies) will be introduced. (Note these course activities are informational and are not intended to replace working with a licensed/trained professional). Learning Objectives: Students will be able to identify the behaviors characteristic of ADHD, the components of a diagnosis, and evidence-based treatment procedures that can be used in the school or home. 1. Identify the key areas of functional impairment, symptom presentation, and diagnostic decision-making for youth with ADHD. 2. Develop a behavioral intervention suitable for treating ADHD in the school setting. 3. Apply effective parenting and teaching strategies for supporting youth with ADHD in the home, classroom, and neighborhood....

AB
Oct 19, 2020

Very easy to follow and informative course. Learned some things that I didn't know even though I have two children with ADHD. Would definitely recommend to parents who are wondering what they can do.

HK
Nov 1, 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed doing the course.Very interesting activities and quizzes. Lots of useful information and effective strategies for parents and teachers. Real hands on and practical suggestions.

26 - 50 of 474 Reviews for ADHD: Everyday Strategies for Elementary Students

By khandker M M a

Jun 24, 2020

I have been working with Elementary level student for about 10 years as a curriculum specialist. This course is a great experience for me. This gives me new insight over diverse elementary school learners. Course materials are well organized and very suitable for any level learners. It's very essential for all the practitioners engaged in Elementary education, I think. Deep gratitude and regards to the course designers and service providers.

Thanks a lot.

By KEREN F

Jun 1, 2020

This course has indeed been very practical. It gave me access to useful tools for diagnosis. It helped me understand how a diagnosis can be made. It also helped me understand strategies that are empirically driven to deal with children with ADHD on a day to day basis. Professor Gregory is simply clear and to the point and is amazing at delivering concepts! Thank you Sir, it was a pleasure to have this learning experience with you..!!

By Shaun B N

Aug 1, 2020

As a parent of a very ADHD child and a teacher, this course really made me understand my child's stumbling blocks and that I was one of his stumbling blocks. My wife and I have implemented so many of these ideas and can see a glimmer of hope. I am also looking forward to implementing some of these ideas in my classroom. Yes these strategies are for elementary students but I am going to implement them in my highschool class

By Bruce S

Feb 8, 2021

I am a grandparent. Our daughter is a single parent with twin 5 year old girls, one of them has ADHD and needs structure and help. This course has given me great ideas and sources to offer help to our daughter as she often very worn out but is an excellent parent. Without her, he daughter is off of the rails. This is a very helpful course and I thank you for making it available.

By Akshata

May 13, 2020

Incredible course indeed! this course is promising and seems highly effective and has opened up various diagnostic techniques, behaviour management techniques not only for the child but also to the parents and teachers making life much more simpler and smooth!Following them with consistency will surely be beneficial for teachers, parents and the child

By Hedwig C S

Dec 29, 2020

A simple yet concise and clear summary of how to recognize a child with ADHD as well as what to do once you have identified that you are blessed with this challenge in your classroom. Highly recommended for both parents and teachers.

The strategies discussed in this course are excellent as general teaching and parenting strategies as well.

By Trisha L

Jan 13, 2021

Very useful! I would suggest this course for parents and school staff alike. It is truly is empowering as a parent to be able to speak the same lingo as the school and work as a cohesive team rather than feeling like I am being talked around. Having this class under my belt allowed me to be a better advocate for my child.

By Bonnie D

Dec 3, 2020

This course was very informative; it helped me understand the challenges my child faces as well as the positive strategies to support her growth and managing her ADHD behaviors. The instructor provides specific action steps that can be used immediately to improve the life of a child struggling with ADHD and their family.

By Mariana O

Aug 12, 2020

I had a good experience with the course in its totality. Something that stuck out to me the most is how a lot of the resources and strategies presented can be put into use right away. I believe this practical touch is important to build a clear path between the learning experience and the everyday use of this knowledge.

By SHINU P J

May 3, 2020

The resource materials given are very useful. Both teachers and parents will benefit from this course. A lot of practical solutions are proposed and they all could start to practice at hand. I find it difficult to follow the lecture because of its speed. If Professor could talk a little bit slower, that will be great.

By PADMAJA K

Jun 19, 2020

Excellent course. Professor Greg Fabiano guided us with simple,easy to understand in-depth concepts and helped me to understand ADHD ,its symptoms,causes and intervention Techniques. The Daily Progress report is very valuable and important and effive tool in intervention and thank you so much for enlightening me

By Haya K

Its been absolutely a wonderful experience to learn about ADHD in detail at the ground level. I am definitely more enriched and aware. The program has sensitized me to understand, identify the children with difficulties and how to cater to their needs. Thanks a lot to the instructor and the program designer.

By José C L V

Oct 5, 2017

este curso es una herramienta valiosa para el acompañamiento y tratamiento de los alumnos con TDAH y con otros problemas conductuales, basado totalmente en evidencia científica. altamente recomendado.

cómo sugerencia sería poder traducir algunas de las herremientas cómo las hojas de reporte diario.

me encantó!

By KARATHANOU E

Dec 23, 2017

I am very satisfied I completed successfully this course. Mr Fabiano was clear and helpful to understand every module. I learned a lot and I am happy that in future I will be able to give the sligtest assistance to kids that need it. Every support, even the smallest, is big for society's progression.

By Megan B

Mar 15, 2018

Thank you for offering this course! I have learned a lot about how to manage my son's ADHD in a productive way, instead of just dishing out punishments and administering medication. I now feel empowered to help him to make positive changes that will improve his interactions with both adults and peers.

By Diane S

I wanted something to do while sitting home during this pandemic. My son told me about this and I was glad to see that their were classes I could brush up on. Thank you so much for educating me further. This class is awaking opportunity for everyone to take very educational and easy. Thank You Again

By Masako I

Apr 28, 2020

A great introduction course with practical tips and practices. The instructor is knowledgeable and his explanations are easy to follow. The course is well structured. Although this is fairly short one, I learned a lot and do feel more comfortable in classroom. I am so glad I did this. Thank you!

By Miyuki S

Apr 16, 2020

Useful and realistic strategies for educators and parents to nature children with ADHD.

Guideline by the instructor, Mr. Fabiano is clear and concise and ready to apply at home and school. His positive reinforcement and manageable practice such as Daily Deport Card are great takeaway.

By David F

Feb 26, 2017

Thank you! I now feel more confident to approach ADHD in the classroom. The resources shared will be invaluable as I continue to learn and to respond to the needs of the individual students in front of me. Thank you for your efforts in putting this course together! I really enjoyed it.

By EVELYN V

Feb 20, 2021

I learned many different strategies on how do deal with a child that has ADHD. It is great because sometimes we as adults don't understand what is going on and get frustrated as well as them. So this pretty much gives you several way to also work with the teacher. Again thank you...

By Leonie C

Nov 16, 2017

As a parent to a child with ADHD and working in education this has been a fanatastic course. It has given me resources, strategies and a far better understanding of this disorder than I have previously had. I'm actually excited to implement many strategies in my home.

Thank you.

By Rene B L

Mar 26, 2017

Gosh, I learned a wealth of solid information. Very thought-provoking course but one that eased my anxieties all at that same time. Great experience taking this class. One that undoubtedly enables you as a learner to implement what you've learned in the real world.

By Carol L S

Jul 19, 2017

Was a great intro to the subject of ADHD. Thanks for pointing us in the right direction to a range of practical and informative websites, forms, and (for me the meta-talk) lexical to quickly communicate with other professionals working with these students.

thanks!

By Inna I

Mar 3, 2020

This course was very useful and direct to the point..I really appreciate that this course didn't focus on diagnosis but on strategies for helping kids. It gives me options that I can use in school when it comes to dealing with the students.Thank you very much!

By Тогайбаева А

Nov 8, 2020

Thanks a lot for useful and helpful materials and videos aboutstudents with ADHD. But it will be great if I earned a certificate. My financial aid was approved on the 26 th of October and I passed thhis course and I didn;t get my certificate. Can you help me?