Back to ADHD: Everyday Strategies for Elementary Students

Learner Reviews & Feedback for ADHD: Everyday Strategies for Elementary Students by University at Buffalo

This course will provide an overview of ADHD diagnosis and treatment. Course participants can expect to learn about ADHD as a developmental disorder that begins early in childhood, and participants will also learn about evidence-based approaches for diagnosing ADHD. Following that, two evidence-based treatment approaches (the Daily Report Card and Parenting Strategies) will be introduced. (Note these course activities are informational and are not intended to replace working with a licensed/trained professional). Learning Objectives: Students will be able to identify the behaviors characteristic of ADHD, the components of a diagnosis, and evidence-based treatment procedures that can be used in the school or home. 1. Identify the key areas of functional impairment, symptom presentation, and diagnostic decision-making for youth with ADHD. 2. Develop a behavioral intervention suitable for treating ADHD in the school setting. 3. Apply effective parenting and teaching strategies for supporting youth with ADHD in the home, classroom, and neighborhood....

HK

Nov 02, 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed doing the course.Very interesting activities and quizzes. Lots of useful information and effective strategies for parents and teachers. Real hands on and practical suggestions.

LN

Jul 31, 2020

The course provided visual, auditory, and reading material to support the topic and sub-topics concerning the validity of ADHD research and working with children diagnosed with ADHD. Great class!!

126 - 150 of 430 Reviews for ADHD: Everyday Strategies for Elementary Students

By Shina H J

Dec 01, 2019

This course is very useful and gives corresponding solutions to ADHD. I really like the course and enjoy the programme.

By Lorie L

May 17, 2016

Very informative with good tools. Appropriate for parents as well as professionals working with children and families.

By Eleni M F

Mar 20, 2020

And very practical, DeBaryUse for cars that gave me skills that I will for sure Implement in my time with ADHD youth

By Mamta S

A very well designed and informative course.

It is definitely going to help me in my teaching career.

Thanks a lot.

By Rachel D

Oct 08, 2019

This was a great course, very practical and oriented towards implementing strategies to reduce impairment/distress.

By Natari L

Sep 13, 2017

This was great! I've learned so many things since taking this course that will benefit my everyday teaching life.

By Patricia d l A L D

Aug 13, 2017

Very clear and engaging. The different resources that were given, helped me a lot to work better eith my students.

By Adriana

Jun 29, 2020

Great class with very informative teaching information and strategies to use inside and outside of the classroom.

By Colin M

Oct 28, 2018

The course was very useful and I greatly appreciate the effort that the teaching staff have put into this course.

By Louise L

May 26, 2016

Dr. Fabiano's expert knowledge delivered in simple easy language makes this course easy for anyone to understand.

By sudhakar n

Jul 05, 2020

I think its an excelling course! There a number of take-aways particularly if you are working with ADHD students

By Juliet F A

Mar 25, 2019

The course is very detailed and gives you great insight into the topic. I would highly recommend this course.

By Christine G

Jun 30, 2020

Great class, I learned quite a bit of information regarding behavior contracts and also, assessment tools.

By Lim K L

May 15, 2017

Easy to understand and the strategies are practical and easy to implement. Course material is sufficient.

By Sajjad A R E

Jun 08, 2020

Excellent course on ADHD. Well planned and informative. Looking forward to attending more such courses.

By Soraya E

Sep 17, 2017

All of the information was very useful. I will definitely be including DRC for 2 or 3 of my students.

By Mahak a

Apr 14, 2020

It was pretty interesting and impressive

I waited to learn more and more

It left me satisfied

By Abel G

Mar 23, 2020

Great class! I learned some great strategies to better support students with ADHD and their families.

By Irvinsia W

May 23, 2019

i learnt a whole lot..real good course especially for persons who knows absolutely nothing about adhd

By Manuela L A

Mar 14, 2018

I really enjoy it and take excellent tips for improving kids development in class and in the houses.

By Yessica D G B

Aug 10, 2020

Simple and practical, everybody could be able to understand and practice this information. thanks!

By Sanjana

May 03, 2020

It was really rich interms of content. And the delivery of the lectures were satisfactory as well.

By Nadia L

Aug 14, 2017

tiene buenas fuentes bibliográficas que apoyan el quehacer docente, gracias, mas cursos como estos

By safaa g

Aug 24, 2020

I ADVICE EACH STUDENT AND EACH PARENT TO STUDY THIS COURE , THE PROFFESSOR IS MORE THAN WONDERFUL

By Trinida L

The class provided a steady learning environment that helped with teaching online and in person.