Back to Data Visualization with Advanced Excel

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Visualization with Advanced Excel by PwC

In this course, you will get hands-on instruction of advanced Excel 2013 functions. You’ll learn to use PowerPivot to build databases and data models. We’ll show you how to perform different types of scenario and simulation analysis and you’ll have an opportunity to practice these skills by leveraging some of Excel's built in tools including, solver, data tables, scenario manager and goal seek. In the second half of the course, will cover how to visualize data, tell a story and explore data by reviewing core principles of data visualization and dashboarding. You’ll use Excel to build complex graphs and Power View reports and then start to combine them into dynamic dashboards. Note: Learners will need PowerPivot to complete some of the exercises. Please use MS Excel 2013 version. If you have other MS Excel versions or a MAC you might not be able to complete all assignments. This course was created by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP with an address at 300 Madison Avenue, New York, New York, 10017....

VB

Aug 07, 2017

The best excel course I learned so far. Well structured to meet the client requirements using real life business scenarios and well directed guidance. Great work by PwC professionals

DK

Feb 25, 2018

Amazing course! I love excel so for me the 'learning by seeing and doing' - demo approach really resonated. The workbook shared are also detailed for guidance and future reference.

1 - 25 of 299 Reviews for Data Visualization with Advanced Excel

By A.H.M. A

Jul 07, 2019

I am very grateful to the Coursera and PWC for this course. This course gives me new learning which will help to boost my carrier and productivity as well as increase the thirst of my knowledge about data analysis and finance.

By Raheel Z

Mar 23, 2019

This course took me from Basic level knowledge of Excel to a really advanced level. Course practice exercises are developed in a very appropriate way to teach the advanced level.

By Luis R S Y

Jun 11, 2019

Es un reto el completar este curso, requiere de conocimientos más avanzados que en los cursos anteriores, proporciona una visión del potencial de excel como herramienta de trabajo que el común de las personas usuarias de está herramienta no posee.

Es un curso, muy recomendable y deja una sensación de logro completarlo.

It is a challenge to complete this course, requires more advanced knowledge than in previous courses, provides an insight into the potential of excel as a working tool that the common users of this tool does not have.

It is a course, highly recommended and leaves a feeling of accomplishment to complete it.

By Harish P J

Jan 06, 2019

Excellent Course! I have long wanted to learn how to create interactive dashboards using MS Excel. This course, developed and delivered by PwC, has taught me the necessary skills in an effective manner! Simply put, the course showed me the ocean of tools that exist in Excel. From making geo-tagged graphs using Power View to using Power Pivot and Pivot tables to insert slicers etc! What is useful here is that, we still need to know the use of advanced formula like SUMIFS, Index and Match, VlookUp etc to develop and design the dashboards. I must congratulate and thank the folks at PwC to make the course totally hands-on!

By Jingting X

Apr 22, 2019

I like the structure of the course, starting with the purpose and significance of the topic, followed with key principles in terms of the thinking process, and then go to the hands-on details of the technology, and completing with repeating the techniques by doing it yourself in the worksheet. The animation in the courses are very clear with no chance of confusion, and the answers to the practices are in detail and correct. The only thing I would suggest to improve is to include some handouts as the previous courses do.

By juliewongcl

Mar 29, 2019

Very clear narrative by the instructors. I had gained more in-depth understanding, and able to make a connection using the right functions for certain applications. If you already have some advanced Excel skills, it is easier to go through this course, and you can finish it faster than you thought. The excel working sheets were great and I can refer to my files whenever I need to recall certain functions.

By Drasti D

Oct 21, 2018

The best part about this course was the use of Advance Excel functionalities along with different visual representation tools to analyse the data and draw important facts from the same. I would recommend fresh graduates to take up this course because it will surely help them to build their skills of using Excel with a clear understanding of applying it in their professional career.

By Romeo C

Sep 01, 2019

Great course. I learned a lot of high level concepts. As suggested in the course, however, I'll have to dig a lot deeper into other individualized courses to learn specific information better. For example, to really appreciate the pivot table, I'd say that you'll have to take a pivot table course on another platform like Linked Learning or through another course here on Coursera.

By Charles S

Feb 08, 2018

Excellent course. Wish had Excel 2013 rather than 2010. Course provided excellent insight into tools available within Excel. The key is knowing the tools exist. Unless one works in advanced Excel on a regular and continuous basis, its unlikely the details will be retained; however, if one knows the tool exists one can find the details as needed.

By Kristen P

Jan 18, 2019

Excellent course with EXTREMELY thought-provoking and hands-on exercises that shed a new light on classic Excel functions such as Goal Seek, Scenario Manager (scenario analysis), Simulation (simulation analysis), and Data Tables (sensitivity analysis). The most intense and interesting course I've taken thus far on the topic of data analytics!

By Joakim H

May 13, 2017

I found this course to be relatively advanced, but taught in a way that made it very easy to follow. There are two sets of workbooks for each week; the teacher's book which is exactly as shown in the videos, and the student's book which is for practice after each week. Overall I am very happy with the course and recommend it strongly !

By Tomoko I

Apr 03, 2017

I have already had the basic skills in excel, but I learned many new things. The explanation was very clear and I enjoyed the lessons very much. At this moment, I cannot spend money for my own learning since I spend much money for the education of my child, but courser and pwc gave great opportunities for me to learn as an auditor.

By Vishvendra S T

Apr 23, 2018

I would recommend this course to all the professionals who want to present DATA in a very qualitative manner. This will help the key decision makers in understanding the scenario holistically and make decision accordingly.

The course modules are well sequenced and designed as per the professional requirements in the business world.

By Shalin K

May 19, 2019

I would highly recommend this course to people who want to improve their excel skills - especially powerpivot, scenarios, and dashboards. A very useful course for people who regularly do data mining, present their findings by studying data, and create strategies and take business decisions accordingly.

Shalin

By Luis A B E

Sep 04, 2017

Wonderful course! The theme is excellent, the instructors are very professional and it shows that they have a lot of experience in Excel and data analysis. The examples and exercises presented offer a scenario where everything learned can be put into practice. Thank you very much for this marvel of course.

By Jeff G

Nov 25, 2017

This course not only taught me data visualization, but also how to create a dashboard for different audience. I had to use some of the Excel skills from the previous course such as vlookup function, which was a great refresh of mind. Overall, a great and interactive course! Highly recommended!

By Ankit M

Jan 21, 2018

A very well designed course... the weaving of the course was very nice and was valuable.... made me search more on Power Pivot. The exercises were insightful... Inclusion of a couple of slides on Measure creation (KPIs) would make this course stand apart from the likes... my best wishes...

By Aashish A

May 12, 2017

Excellent Course. with the techniques shown in this i was able to implement few things in my project which were really useful. I never thought excel had so many features, which can be done without the use of VBA Macros. Thank you PwC & coursera for the wonderful course.

By Henry K

Dec 04, 2018

Simple and effective guidance on the more advanced Excel functions like PowerPivot, scenario analyses and the developer tools were really helpful.

The examples were given in a business context, hence making it easier to visualise the real world applications.

By Sudhir K

Oct 10, 2017

Data Visualization with Advanced Excel has been a amazing journey. This has broadened my skillsets in Excel especially powerpivots, data tables, powerview and how to make effective charts and graphs. Totally satisfied with course an the course content.

By Wamide E

Sep 24, 2017

I found out about techniques I never knew existed on Excel. I can say I'm proud of myself for staying through to complete these. The quizzes are easy to pass once you go through the lessons too.I enjoyed this course thoroughly.

Thanks Coursera + PwC.

By mohammad s N

Mar 13, 2018

Really great and comprehensive course and I learnt a lot. Beside introduction of Excel tools and formulas, the real world examples and assignments adds up the knowledge of how to use these tools in solving real world problems. Thanks Courser and PwC.

By Alexandra W

Jan 14, 2020

This course was very helpful, it really added to my Excel arsenal of skills. The other courses from PWC did a great job of providing summaries you can go back to, but this course doesn't so if you want to return to the information, take good notes!

By Lidiya G N

May 19, 2019

I really loved this course not just because it's realistic but it's also manageable with a busy schedule. Although, I did expect things to be more advanced like in week five material and further. It should be called advanced but intermediate excel.

By Ken M

Mar 13, 2017

Excellent course and it has opened my eyes to the wide array of Excel Power tools and their ability to provide simple, yet powerful visual dashboards for executive decision-making. Thank you for the opportunity to participate in the course.