Back to Divide and Conquer, Sorting and Searching, and Randomized Algorithms

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Divide and Conquer, Sorting and Searching, and Randomized Algorithms by Stanford University

The primary topics in this part of the specialization are: asymptotic ("Big-oh") notation, sorting and searching, divide and conquer (master method, integer and matrix multiplication, closest pair), and randomized algorithms (QuickSort, contraction algorithm for min cuts)....

KS

Sep 14, 2018

Well researched. Topics covered well, with walkthrough for exam.le cases for each new introduced algorithm. Great experience, learned a lot of important algorithms and algorithmic thinking practices.

DT

Thank you for teaching me this course. I learned a lot of new things, including Divide-and-Conquer, MergeSort, QuickSort, and Randomization Algorithms, along with proof for their asymptotic runtime

751 - 770 of 770 Reviews for Divide and Conquer, Sorting and Searching, and Randomized Algorithms

By 伊洛

Dec 23, 2017

I do believe that feedbacks are very important during the learning section. Without feedbacks I would not understand whether I am doing ok or not. The Quiz and Homework would not handout the answer key and explanation after I have done. How am I suppose to be successful with the class if I don't understand which part I should strengthen.

By Sheng B

Jan 28, 2019

This is a good course. I recommend everyone to take it. There are many details useful for you to learn. But it is not friendly. The words the professor used are not easy to follow for a non-native English, the way the exercises are designed is not reasonable. It could have been better.

By Mike L

May 09, 2017

The professor is very good. However, pictures and graphics mean a thousand words. These lectures rely too much on words. It makes it how to visualize the concepts. Hope to see more pictures. Animation will be the best.

By Joern K

Aug 09, 2018

Seems a bit dated, videos are reused from older courses and sometimes don't fit well together anymore. Content is great and lots of fun to work through.

By Hardik A

Dec 23, 2018

Great course theory wise, but the programming problem is unrelated and gives too little practice

By David A

Oct 20, 2020

Audio out of sync, sometimes material climbs in difficulty without the climb in explanation imo.

By Neelesh K

Apr 25, 2020

The explanation could be better. The hand writing must be improved.

By Kamil K

Oct 05, 2017

Not practical enough, too academical approach for me.

By Wai C C

Aug 22, 2020

Too few examples but too many verbal explanations.

By Yash R

Apr 23, 2020

The course goes too fast and it skips the basics.

By Nishtha

Jun 20, 2020

i want to unenroll in this course. how to do so

By Mubin A

Mar 02, 2020

concepts explanation need to improve

By Gangadharan V

Jun 04, 2017

Good course

By Ian P

Jun 27, 2018

He's a personable instructor, but I think there are too few examples, the course is too devoid of interesting history, and the language and assignments can be unnecessarily obtuse. I'll happily work through a challenging course, but it feels like a waste of time if most of your effort is spent translating.

By Ahmad K

Dec 20, 2017

The content is good and the instructor is good. On the other hand the fact that you cannot submit assignments or problem sets without purchasing the course is quite annoying. On all other courses which I have done without purchasing, you were able to do the full course which includes the problem sets etc.

By Amir A

Jun 15, 2020

it can be better if the professor tried to learn more algorithm instead of focus deeply on them

By Zengjia Y

Nov 02, 2019

Too theoretical, a bit too far apart from industry.

By Teoh Z N

Oct 02, 2020

I had high hopes for this course, given a rating of 4.8 stars. I made the mistake of enrolling in the class without reading the reviews.

The instructor is, frankly, not excellent at explaining concepts. Even though I had already known most of the materials taught in week 1, I still had trouble understanding the instructor. I am quite disappointed. Having completed week 1, I figured unenrolling the course would be the best option for me.

Lesson learned: ACTUALLY read the reviews (particularly the ones with low ratings) before enrolling in any classes.

By Shivam P