Back to The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking, Google

About this Course

This course is designed to provide a full overview of computer networking. We’ll cover everything from the fundamentals of modern networking technologies and protocols to an overview of the cloud to practical applications and network troubleshooting. We’ll wrap up by covering how this information might show up in a job interview and giving you a few tips for troubleshooting on the spot. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to: ● describe computer networks in terms of a five-layer model. ● understand all of the standard protocols involved with TCP/IP communications. ● grasp powerful network troubleshooting tools and techniques. ● learn network services like DNS and DHCP that help make computer networks run. ● understand cloud computing, everything as a service, and cloud storage....

By JP

Jan 26, 2018

A lot of information, but i feel like i fully understand core networking concepts. A lot of this info has helped me comprehend what will be required for me when I take my Network + certification exam.

By BC

Jun 24, 2018

I loved this course. When I had issues support was awesome sauce. I really enjoyed the puns this instructor used to keep you from going off in a daze. I really wish I would have found Coursera sooner.

973 Reviews

By suraj kumar

well done

By Karthikeyan S.V

Jan 19, 2019

Good to learn basics of networking

By Kevin Showalter

Jan 19, 2019

Fantastic course, finally dove deep enough to explain concepts I've only superficially understood for years, despite the college classes and even more focused certifications in networking I already have.

By Maribeth Hamel

Jan 18, 2019

I just wish they took a little more time to actively show you how some of the networking configurations happen.

By Omachoko Sunday Ojochegbe

Great content, Thanks

By Justin Sundara

Jan 17, 2019

The instructor was easy to listen to and explained everything about networking very clearly to the point that anyone could learn this material!

By Salin Gauchan

Jan 17, 2019

This is a great course for all those who wants to know about the networking. Great tutors, assignments were tough. I struggled but I learnt so much.

By MATEJ MIOVSKI

Jan 17, 2019

I can just say that at the beginner level this is really hard material to comprehend, they assume some parts of the network bits that you understand, which as you will notice that is not the case, now for someone who has some network background this might come off more familiar. Very often I would refer to other sources in order to understand the lesson better, which is always welcomed, but here I couldnt understand nothing on the first try.

Suffice to say it will give you good knowledge and fundamentals about how network/networks work but be prepared to review same lessons multiple times and to use google on certain occasions to make things easier to understand.

By Kashif Adeel

Jan 16, 2019

Organized and manged content, a lot of things to learn!

By Eric Ostrander

Jan 16, 2019

Subnetting needs some more thorough explanation.