Back to The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

This course is designed to provide a full overview of computer networking. We’ll cover everything from the fundamentals of modern networking technologies and protocols to an overview of the cloud to practical applications and network troubleshooting. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to: ● describe computer networks in terms of a five-layer model. ● understand all of the standard protocols involved with TCP/IP communications. ● grasp powerful network troubleshooting tools and techniques. ● learn network services like DNS and DHCP that help make computer networks run. ● understand cloud computing, everything as a service, and cloud storage....

BC

Jun 24, 2018

I loved this course. When I had issues support was awesome sauce. I really enjoyed the puns this instructor used to keep you from going off in a daze. I really wish I would have found Coursera sooner.

TS

Aug 06, 2019

This was a very fun course! I really enjoyed the style and pace of the information given. A lot of technical information was given while the course made it easy to take in and comprehend the material!

1 - 25 of 1,570 Reviews for The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

By Kelley F

Oct 26, 2018

As a complete and utter beginner to IT, I feel like all of the information presented in this course is in a backward and awkward way. Everything feels so segmented that I'm having a lot of trouble putting it all together in the correct way. There doesn't seem to be a natural flow to any of the lessons and it feels more like a professional stating something than actually teaching it. I've had to completely use outside sources for how to actually do the Peer Review assignment. I feel like all the learning I've done is from hearing about it here and researching it elsewhere.

By Devon G

Sep 16, 2018

Not explained well and could use more visual aids to help explain.

By Saurabh K

Dec 15, 2018

The course videos are so awkwardly robotic. Maybe if the instructors were not made to read it like that and say it in a more relaxed manner it would be better.

By Yongyi W

Feb 20, 2018

Poor designed course with lots of meaningless talk, lack of example and practice, key to pass the test is memorize terms.

By MATEJ M

Jan 17, 2019

I can just say that at the beginner level this is really hard material to comprehend, they assume some parts of the network bits that you understand, which as you will notice that is not the case, now for someone who has some network background this might come off more familiar. Very often I would refer to other sources in order to understand the lesson better, which is always welcomed, but here I couldnt understand nothing on the first try.

Suffice to say it will give you good knowledge and fundamentals about how network/networks work but be prepared to review same lessons multiple times and to use google on certain occasions to make things easier to understand.

By Kwesi A P

Nov 12, 2018

Too much detailed a topic to just have some body narrate the entire course. A few visual displays with audio and activities helps make the course more enjoyable and easy to absorb and understand material

By Yat M L

Apr 06, 2018

The delivery format needs dire quality control. I don't want to see some random guy talking and would rather see some actual slide to show calculations and step by step guide

By Dariia L

Jan 15, 2019

A lot of new and useful information!

By Sebegha G F

Dec 08, 2018

This course is exceptional, so much modern day knowledge in IT.

By YELOGNISSE D

Feb 13, 2019

i learned a lot of things about this course , how computers are connecting to each other, and the real mechanism which happen inside the computers when two or more nodes is interconnectes

By Ian I

Jun 12, 2018

Definitely teaches you the basic of networking that are needed to understand how it works as a whole. Would recommend anyone who is interested in learning about networking to enroll in this course.

By KEVIN Y

Dec 12, 2018

a little bit more complicated, but necessary

By Yuvraj S

Dec 10, 2018

Feeling fortunate 👍😎

By Işıl Ç

Dec 12, 2018

This was a great experience for me. I have learned too much stuff, I have never thought I would do without your help. I'd like to thank every person who worked on this course.

By NAUNG Y O

Nov 25, 2018

Really Great, but consume a lot of time. It's really hard!

By Terry J H

Nov 24, 2018

Wow great handling of such complicated and technical aspects of this subject

By Artem K

Dec 15, 2018

Man, week 3 really makes you work for it. Great stuff!

By Caleb M

Dec 12, 2018

love it i learned so much

By Pourtois J

Dec 14, 2018

Really nice Thanks

By Abu F

Nov 27, 2018

Learnt tons of things

By Craig A M

Nov 27, 2018

A lot of hard work but a lot of fun and very rewarding.

By Sothea T K

Great

By Justin A

Dec 17, 2018

Da bomb!

Ty google Another step achieved!