Back to The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking, Google

About this Course

This course is designed to provide a full overview of computer networking. We’ll cover everything from the fundamentals of modern networking technologies and protocols to an overview of the cloud to practical applications and network troubleshooting. We’ll wrap up by covering how this information might show up in a job interview and giving you a few tips for troubleshooting on the spot. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to: ● describe computer networks in terms of a five-layer model. ● understand all of the standard protocols involved with TCP/IP communications. ● grasp powerful network troubleshooting tools and techniques. ● learn network services like DNS and DHCP that help make computer networks run. ● understand cloud computing, everything as a service, and cloud storage....

By JP

Jan 26, 2018

A lot of information, but i feel like i fully understand core networking concepts. A lot of this info has helped me comprehend what will be required for me when I take my Network + certification exam.

By BC

Jun 24, 2018

I loved this course. When I had issues support was awesome sauce. I really enjoyed the puns this instructor used to keep you from going off in a daze. I really wish I would have found Coursera sooner.

1,127 Reviews

By Md Thaiseen

Mar 20, 2019

Its very useful you can learn a lot of things.

By Noah Blaine

Mar 20, 2019

So far, the difficulty has been upped by a notch and providing a challenge but it is rewarding in the sense that I am really challenging the knowledge I'm obtaining and making me want to comprehend it in the fullest. I am opening Pandora's box of knowledge and seeing where my cap off point is. I like the challenge and what it brings forth to the plate. But, I know there's more to be uncovered and more to know so it is very much rewarding and gratifying once I put all the pieces together and complete the puzzle.

By Matthew Oppenheim

Mar 20, 2019

Cheerful and enthusiastic presenter. Well paced, good technical content.

By Greg Fultz

Mar 20, 2019

the graded plugins are just about undoable with glitches or incorrect simulations or just no direction as to how to complete them.

By JOSE LUIS ALONSO MERCADO

Mar 20, 2019

It was quite good, I learned many interesting things, I will do everything possible to put them into practice.

By Joseph Remuzzi

Mar 19, 2019

pretty tough but I learned alot

By Seth Rollings

Very informative.

By Alberto P Martinez

Mar 19, 2019

Excellent for beginners and and Pros a like for a refresh Clear well documented and taught Class.

By Rama Chandra Malayanur

Great

By Ali Etezadkhah

Mar 18, 2019

Pretty good content, but doesn't cover actual settings in switches, routers, firewalls, or computers. It's mostly theory. I was hoping to learn more about how to manage and secure my own network.