Back to The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

BC

Jun 24, 2018

I loved this course. When I had issues support was awesome sauce. I really enjoyed the puns this instructor used to keep you from going off in a daze. I really wish I would have found Coursera sooner.

JG

Aug 13, 2020

I really enjoy this module. Everything taught was new for me. I already know what is DNS or VPN between a lot of topics showed. I'm Thankful with Google to allow people like me learn in a way so easy.

126 - 150 of 4,974 Reviews for The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

By Donna A

Sep 08, 2020

Excellent course, I really learned a lot in this course. I took a college course and didn't really get how it all worked together. The way this course was designed, I was able to understand it and feel comfortable being able to use it which is the reason why I took this course in the first place. I'm really glad I went ahead and took this course. I'm so much better off and I'm looking forward to continuing.

By Brian T

Mar 28, 2020

It's a lot of technical work. Some of the concepts do require additional learning material to understand fully how they play into the networking atmosphere as a whole. However, there was plenty of additional information available on the internet and the concepts provided in the course itself are not so hard that just a simple review from an additional resource made everything come together in certain weeks.

By George B

Aug 14, 2020

This is a great Great Course to learn about the Internet Engine. There is tremendous knowledge passed on about security both from a enterprise network as well as local host situation. Deploying the best solutions for Internet security is of paramount importance because there are so many bad actors. Educating one self is one of the best way to understand and assess the vulnerabilities of your systems.

By Sajan K

This course was amazing learned so much that I require one day to digest all that before I move on to next. I really loved the quiz and interactive question. This implementation of the quiz was super interactive something like what college tries to do active learning program but fails even in offline mode. Thank you, Coursera for providing such an amazing course to me. You are really helping me grow.

By Noel W J

Jun 26, 2019

The Course was absolutely great. I have learned so much about Networking, Troubleshooting the Network, Cloud Computing, DNS, IPv4 and IPv6 to name a few. I have done some work in computers but not to this extent and the course has educated me to another level. It's now up to me to go further and explore more if I want to advance my career in computing. I can't wait to see what's next in this program.

By Eric H

Oct 03, 2018

The main presenter was very good at presenting all the information in a quick manner that still allowed for learning.

There are a few things I wish would have been changed but technically nothing that had to have changed to understand networking

I do wish they would have talked about the breaking apart of the telephone companies since they talked about them but that would be more fun then necessary

By Odikanwa M C

Jun 17, 2020

He was simply amazing, I meant the course instructor: Mr Victor. Definitely, one needs to go through the videos again for better appreciation, but we could still use a little more explanations on Traceroute, how Non-routable addresses can use a single public IP, Dns zones(sub domains), and subnetting. Also, I was hoping to learn cat6cabling (like construct it myself) in the physical layer lesson.

By umair s

This might be one of the best and most comprehensive course on Introduction to Networking. The Instructor's teaching style and methodology is great. After completing this course I went for a CCNA course and this course served as a foundation to understanding those complex concepts.

I would highly recommend this course to all the beginners looking for a path in IT and who don't know where to start.

By Alfred A

Nov 12, 2019

I'm hoping this was the hardest part, The funny thing is I have never had to analyze a packet for troubleshooting, so this was extra hard, especially the write the path to another computer. I would think most people will quit here. Don't because you can make it in IT the most jobs I see available.

These courses are a great starter for CompTIA Certs. I hope Coursera and CompTIA connect together.

By Jose C R

Jul 20, 2020

This course was really challenging and as it's been repeated throughout this and the last course, you need to invest yourself. You need to go out of your way to research and make sure you're confident about the material. I had a hard time remembering a lot of the specifics for certain protocols or technologies but definitely seeing It here and throughout self-research was definitely worth it.

By Krishna S

Sep 12, 2020

I really enjoyed this course of section. I can say it was right decision for me to go for Google IT support professional certification, reason the way they organised all aspects related to course material was fabulous and i enjoyed each section of course well. I hope everybody whether fresher or experienced will learn from this and utilize in real scenario to have better IT professional.

By ARVIND V

Mar 01, 2018

Though course is superb in a way It's covering all concepts in their entirety and well scheduled but I'd recommend it must be accompanied with hands on as If I have had worked in IT organisation to practice the concepts told herein and not forgetting them ever. Here, I'd like to recall that Google did every effort to make learner feel If he's experimenting concepts in real scenarios.

By John B M

Mar 14, 2018

By far the most important course in the Google IT Support Professional Certificate. This course provides the fundamentals needed in order to understand Computer Networking. I learned how computers communicate with each other, the protocols that they use, layers of the infrastructure, the details of the Internet, and the future of networking. The curriculum was a rewarding challenge.

By Juan C G

Feb 27, 2020

This course was so in-depth and so thorough that at first, it was very daunting! Working through it though, and understanding that Google and Coursera were only providing me this much information so I could be completely prepared for a new career at the end, made it easier to push through. I loved every single second of the challenges that came with learning a new skillset!

By Thomas M

Just like the first course, this was one amazing experience. The course was challenging, well paced, well structured and well delivered. The instructors were knowledgeable, professional and motivating. This course really made me understand how everything is connected. Tons of information and many concepts to learn, but they sure made it an interesting and exciting journey.

By Amiko S

Nov 25, 2019

This course is very intense, and will challenge every fiber of self! At times I wanted to quit, however the structure of the course encourages you to continue and not give up. There is so much to remember and plenty to learn I wonder how I will be able to make practical use. But I will keep going to achive the goal of completion. This program is excellent and challenging.

By Jackson S

Feb 16, 2018

An excellent primer on computer networking, teaches the network stack, DNS, and DHCP--the core of what you'll need to know as an entry level tech worker. Coverage of the history of many of networking protocols used today and technologies previously used offer a conceptual and technical understanding of how computer networks allow computers to communicate with one another.

By Sergio G

Sep 11, 2020

Loved the course! It was great to learn about the ins and outs of how computers communicate with one another. I loved learning all the technical terms because they are thrown around often, and in the web development content that I generally consume. Victor was an engaging instructor, the quizzes were good practice, and the explanations were almost always very clear.

By Harland M

Jul 08, 2020

It was challenging but rewarding to learn something new to me. all I can say to future students in this course is buckle down and actually study the reading material because it was a huge help. also if you can't grasp the way the info is presented look it up in google and read other articles and find one that communicates to you in a way you can grasp it. Good luck!

By Maria M

Jun 21, 2020

A great overview of computer networking. It provides a broad overview of all topics, setting the learner up for deep diving into topic(s) of their choice. The narrator speaks clearly and (in almost all cases) explains thing very well. I did find the need to listen to some videos multiple times in order to grasp the concepts. Overall, very happy with this experience.

By M P

Feb 23, 2020

I really loved this course. I am looking forward to work in google in my career. I want to thanks coursera for giving me this excellent opportunity to increase my skills. I would recommend others to take this course and get to know the crux of the networking. I would to like to thank google IT team for making this course simpler so that any one can understand Kudos.

By Matthew

Oct 17, 2020

It was challenging, but not overly so. It requires paying attention and, at least for myself in reference to subnetting, having to do a little outside study. If you enjoy this kind of material I recommend getting the CompTIA Network+ Study Guide as a companion to the material here if you want to extend the concepts this course offers. Overall, an excellent course.

By Erin E

Jul 25, 2020

All of the information on here was very well taught, especially for information that is thorough, dense, and tough. I was extremely satisfied with the way it was taught and the way it was laid out. It was all very easy to follow and honestly quite fun to learn. I was even able to apply a lot of it to my volunteer work! I look forward to everything that comes next!

By Jason F

Jun 18, 2020

Even with a varied and extensive background, this course will give you the tools that you need to build your IT networking foundational skills upon. I am happy to have some formal training to beef up the knowledge I have already obtained through the school of hard knocks. Looking forward to other coursework that Google and Coursera have created. Onward and upward!

By AKHIL P D B C A 2

Jul 24, 2020

This is the best networking class I have ever taken. The instructor is a fabulous guy and his style of teaching is world class. I knew very little about networking, IP addresses and all but now I have got decent knowledge in all those things. I would suggest this course to all those people out there who does not have any prior knowledge about computer networking