Back to The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

AA

Mar 26, 2020

Great course. It is great for beginners and for people that may have forgotten a thing or two. The way it was taught makes it so much better than reading man pages or something else as dry and boring.

BC

Jun 24, 2018

I loved this course. When I had issues support was awesome sauce. I really enjoyed the puns this instructor used to keep you from going off in a daze. I really wish I would have found Coursera sooner.

101 - 125 of 4,032 Reviews for The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

By Nathan D C P

Feb 19, 2019

I found it to be a very challenging course, I'm not sure how much I will use the skills I've learnt here, but it never hurts to have them at your disposal. I feel extremely rewarded and proud to of finished this course. One last thing, the cloud graph diagram thing on the week 2 final quiz is ridiculously hard for new comers and experienced professionals. It should really be the week 6 final quiz because it deters a lot of people.

By Tobias L

Mar 23, 2018

Much better than Network+ Not a bunch of memorization of a Comptia Objectives list but, actual practical knowledge. I appreciate this course so much. It also explained concepts of networking in a way I could understand. There were terms and other stuff I had studied before but, didn't actually understand until this course. Even though I thought I did and I was taught some of those things by an actual person! Go figure. Thank you!

By William J W

May 22, 2019

What a great course! This was challenging and engaging. I really learned a lot. I knew some of what occurred during networking. This course really opened up my eyes. I was able to learn all of the little things that go on behind the scenes during data transfer and how networks operate. From routers and switches to domains, WLAN, and more! A must-have course for those interested in learning all of the in's and out's of networking.

By Preda

May 27, 2019

The part I praise the most about this course is the instructor. His energy and enthusiasm shows in his delivery of the content. The content is the second best part of this course and it was just right for someone like me who is very new to computer networking. There is a lot of content, which is expected as this field is vast and this course does a great job of condensing aspects of computer networking in a comprehensive way.

By Anastasia M

Aug 04, 2020

Great course! So much information on such a complicated subject. Never found this theme interesting, but the way it was all taught here changed my attitude. It was really exciting to explore all these details. I still have a feeling that I need to revise this material, but now I can confidently say that I understand in general what's going on there with bits and bytes in the network. The tutor is really appealing, thank you!

By Ahmed I

The journey was amazing. The topics are very useful, vey well categorized. Instructor was superb. But in "The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking" course was really hard and so deep theory included. I learned so many interesting topics. There are OSI Model, All layers deep info, Subnetting, deep knowledge of IPv4 & IPv6, DNS, Cloud Computing, Wireless Networking and so on. At the end of day that was awesome experience.

By Timothy C

Feb 27, 2020

This is an excellent course for preparation on computer networking. This course has been very beneficial to me especially after obtaining my Network+ certification. The theoretical knowledge from my preparation for the exam helped me to have a much better understanding regarding the connections between the networking concepts and also covered some new material that I have not gone over during my preparation as well.

By Caleb A

Jun 03, 2018

This course was definitely a step up from the previous course. I was a little worried as I went through Course 1 that the rest of the courses wouldn't go into enough technical detail, but I have been presently surprised. Overall, this course did an excellent job of conveying the information and reinforcing the topics through the use of quizzes and activities. I am really looking forward to the rest of the courses!

By Jesse H

Mar 11, 2020

This course has taken me from 1976 when I started working on networks within my missile system intranet to the establishment of our network of missile systems throughout Western Germany. I can relate what is going on now to how we started then and fully understand. As I progressed through the course, the instruction was literally a history lesson for me. I just didn't know what we were doing was called. Now I do.

By Brian T

Mar 28, 2020

It's a lot of technical work. Some of the concepts do require additional learning material to understand fully how they play into the networking atmosphere as a whole. However, there was plenty of additional information available on the internet and the concepts provided in the course itself are not so hard that just a simple review from an additional resource made everything come together in certain weeks.

By Sajan K

This course was amazing learned so much that I require one day to digest all that before I move on to next. I really loved the quiz and interactive question. This implementation of the quiz was super interactive something like what college tries to do active learning program but fails even in offline mode. Thank you, Coursera for providing such an amazing course to me. You are really helping me grow.

By Noel W J

Jun 26, 2019

The Course was absolutely great. I have learned so much about Networking, Troubleshooting the Network, Cloud Computing, DNS, IPv4 and IPv6 to name a few. I have done some work in computers but not to this extent and the course has educated me to another level. It's now up to me to go further and explore more if I want to advance my career in computing. I can't wait to see what's next in this program.

By Eric H

Oct 03, 2018

The main presenter was very good at presenting all the information in a quick manner that still allowed for learning.

There are a few things I wish would have been changed but technically nothing that had to have changed to understand networking

I do wish they would have talked about the breaking apart of the telephone companies since they talked about them but that would be more fun then necessary

By Odikanwa M C

Jun 17, 2020

He was simply amazing, I meant the course instructor: Mr Victor. Definitely, one needs to go through the videos again for better appreciation, but we could still use a little more explanations on Traceroute, how Non-routable addresses can use a single public IP, Dns zones(sub domains), and subnetting. Also, I was hoping to learn cat6cabling (like construct it myself) in the physical layer lesson.

By umair s

This might be one of the best and most comprehensive course on Introduction to Networking. The Instructor's teaching style and methodology is great. After completing this course I went for a CCNA course and this course served as a foundation to understanding those complex concepts.

I would highly recommend this course to all the beginners looking for a path in IT and who don't know where to start.

By Alfred A

Nov 12, 2019

I'm hoping this was the hardest part, The funny thing is I have never had to analyze a packet for troubleshooting, so this was extra hard, especially the write the path to another computer. I would think most people will quit here. Don't because you can make it in IT the most jobs I see available.

These courses are a great starter for CompTIA Certs. I hope Coursera and CompTIA connect together.

By Jose C R

Jul 20, 2020

This course was really challenging and as it's been repeated throughout this and the last course, you need to invest yourself. You need to go out of your way to research and make sure you're confident about the material. I had a hard time remembering a lot of the specifics for certain protocols or technologies but definitely seeing It here and throughout self-research was definitely worth it.

By ARVIND V

Mar 01, 2018

Though course is superb in a way It's covering all concepts in their entirety and well scheduled but I'd recommend it must be accompanied with hands on as If I have had worked in IT organisation to practice the concepts told herein and not forgetting them ever. Here, I'd like to recall that Google did every effort to make learner feel If he's experimenting concepts in real scenarios.

By John B M

Mar 14, 2018

By far the most important course in the Google IT Support Professional Certificate. This course provides the fundamentals needed in order to understand Computer Networking. I learned how computers communicate with each other, the protocols that they use, layers of the infrastructure, the details of the Internet, and the future of networking. The curriculum was a rewarding challenge.

By Juan C G

Feb 27, 2020

This course was so in-depth and so thorough that at first, it was very daunting! Working through it though, and understanding that Google and Coursera were only providing me this much information so I could be completely prepared for a new career at the end, made it easier to push through. I loved every single second of the challenges that came with learning a new skillset!

By Thomas M

Just like the first course, this was one amazing experience. The course was challenging, well paced, well structured and well delivered. The instructors were knowledgeable, professional and motivating. This course really made me understand how everything is connected. Tons of information and many concepts to learn, but they sure made it an interesting and exciting journey.

By Amiko S

Nov 25, 2019

This course is very intense, and will challenge every fiber of self! At times I wanted to quit, however the structure of the course encourages you to continue and not give up. There is so much to remember and plenty to learn I wonder how I will be able to make practical use. But I will keep going to achive the goal of completion. This program is excellent and challenging.

By Jackson S

Feb 16, 2018

An excellent primer on computer networking, teaches the network stack, DNS, and DHCP--the core of what you'll need to know as an entry level tech worker. Coverage of the history of many of networking protocols used today and technologies previously used offer a conceptual and technical understanding of how computer networks allow computers to communicate with one another.

By Harland M

Jul 08, 2020

It was challenging but rewarding to learn something new to me. all I can say to future students in this course is buckle down and actually study the reading material because it was a huge help. also if you can't grasp the way the info is presented look it up in google and read other articles and find one that communicates to you in a way you can grasp it. Good luck!

By Maria M

Jun 21, 2020

A great overview of computer networking. It provides a broad overview of all topics, setting the learner up for deep diving into topic(s) of their choice. The narrator speaks clearly and (in almost all cases) explains thing very well. I did find the need to listen to some videos multiple times in order to grasp the concepts. Overall, very happy with this experience.