Back to The Strategy of Content Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Strategy of Content Marketing by University of California, Davis

This course is a partnership between the leading content marketing authority, Copyblogger, and UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education. In this course, you will learn the core strategies content marketers use to acquire and retain customers profitably. Specifically, you will learn how to develop, organize and implement a content marketing strategy, analyze and measure the effectiveness of content marketing, write compelling copy, use a strategic framework when writing, and build your professional brand and authority through content marketing. You will also learn how to put the ideas presented to you into action and build your own personal brand through content marketing....

JC

For those who want to start your content marketing journey, you may want to take this course. It focuses on touch base points but also goes into further details on what you need as a content marketer.

ID
Dec 13, 2020

I'd like to recommend this course as it was instrumental in providing for me the necessary push to shift industries. The course content was well thought-of, clear, easy to absorb and very interesting.

26 - 50 of 1,030 Reviews for The Strategy of Content Marketing

By Josh T

Feb 16, 2018

This is a great course for anyone starting out their own business or in an organisation, who is aware of the enormous benefits effective content marketing can bring. Each module is divided into clear, relevant and very insightful topics. The course content is top quality, and picks apart the concepts that are crucial to the successful implementation of content marketing. The delivery is also excellent - very clear explanations, backed up by examples. The format is ideal, since you can watch, re-watch, listen and re-listen as many times as you need to.

My one criticism is that there is probably too much reading that isn't that relevant to the assignments in weeks 3 and 4. If you actually sat down and read through every reading material given you'd never get any work done. This could be refined a bit more.

By KAUSHIK G V

Apr 30, 2020

An amazing course that opens up a world of opportunities and learning for people looking to get into the Digital Marketing space. A must for any student with a great instructor in Sonia who helped elucidate the various concepts in the course. The additional material will prove to be great guidance through your content journey and your career prospects. Thanks to Coursera, UC Davis, Rainmaker Digital, Sonia, Brian and all other people who helped make this course the great experience that it was. It's a shame that it is only a one-off course but I hope many students stand to benefit from it.

By Bilal M

Feb 26, 2019

Its Excellent course to learn copy writing for new comers who want to learn copy writing. There were lot of study materials, evaluations and more over practise assignments which makes it a wonderful course. Thank you for the oppurtunity to learn.

By Liza V

Apr 26, 2020

The strength of the course is provide in exercises than the content/video lectures. I have some issues with logistics - some video lectures are very short and do not provide direction that the remaining audio of that lecture can be found in downloads. Information can be better organized.

The downside is having assignments peer-reviewed, as sometimes I have to go through several rounds of revisions and submissions due to peer scoring, but they do not provide comprehensive feedback on what I should be improving. It makes it difficult to progress. I would prefer to have instructors provide feedback on my assignments.

I did not like that the first week of the lesson was about creating a website to be a content marketer, I think it could have been used for better information. The videos are succinct and do not go very in depth as the instructors depend on the students to read heavily on the e-books that are provided.

By Hui W C

Sep 9, 2020

The course itself was great. But I can't give it more than 2 stars due to the peer-reviewed assignments. Some learners uploaded blank assignments. Others uploaded random editorial content from third party websites. Also, the comments learners receive on their work are unhelpful. Some comments are gibberish, just nonsensical consonant clusters. Thus, learners will likely be unable to complete the course, even if they do complete the coursework. It would be much better if assessment was done solely through quizzes. The peer-reviewed work should be optional and should not prevent learners from completing the course.

By Niki F

Jun 1, 2020

Unfortunately, this course was mainly filled with podcasts, no visuals, and assignments which lacked information. I had high hopes for this course and the reading material was very well written. However, for a course that was meant to teach me how to capture information and generate sales, it couldn't even capture my attention!

By Egor S

Aug 23, 2020

Thank you for this incredible course!

It was so great to dive in a atmosphere of positive creativity and professionalism.

Thank you teacher, for all the lessons and examples, videos and tests.

Thank you Coursera, for giving chance to study for free in this difficult moment.

I'm refugee from Russia to Sweden, restarting my life again now in new country.

So, it's essential for me to have new skills and knowledge, for free now.

It was a blessing for me to take part in this course, really.

Thank you all!

By Ibekwe E C

Feb 3, 2019

This course takes even experienced folks through the whole process of understanding how well their content could be doing right now and how they can improve on it. Plus it helps you build a strategy for creating your content. Needless to say, you will understand the use of having a personal site as a professional. I had to get mine www.emmanueibekwe.com

By Ameenah A

Apr 18, 2020

Sonia Simone did a great job with this course. I can't imagine the number of new things I have learned as regards content creation.

I didn't just learn, I was able to put into practice what I have learned making it stick.

Thank you, Sonia Simone, UAC, and Coursera for giving me this opportunity to grow professionally.

By JAISHANKAR J L H

Nov 24, 2018

Phenomenal course which lit the spark within me to fully embrace the path of the content marketeer.

Thank you for opening up a new world to me and giving me a new vision. Simply stunning content. Don't hesitate, sign up now!

By Sven K

Apr 8, 2020

I just started getting into content marketing for my company. For a beginner like me this course was very informative. Furthermore the course is very well structured so that you can easily follow the lecturs.

By ROCIO L

Mar 6, 2019

This course is amazing, really excellent; the instructor is very clear, the structure is adequate; the assignments are really challenging, they really require to put the theory in practice, I recommend it.

By Aamir M

Apr 11, 2020

This course is super awesome. Lots of interesting tools and frameworks that are shared by the instructor and the assignments give you a wonderful chance to apply the same. I highly recommend it!

By Vickie R

Oct 13, 2019

An amazing theoretical and practical approach to content marketing for all levels but especially marketing professionals looking to fine tune their digital marketing skills.

By María S J O

Mar 6, 2019

Very helpful, and enlighting. Gives good solid advice on what you should focus on when creating content. Thank you very much Sonia and the whole UC Davis Team

By Anja P

Apr 13, 2018

Way more than I expected! Excellent course and real pleasure to read and listen to! Highly recommend it to everyone regardless of industry you work in.

By Urvashi P P

Jul 7, 2018

Very nice and decent course should be done by people who are into content marketing or people in corporates as the terms are useful for all .

By Rebekah J I

Jul 31, 2018

Great Introductory course to Content Marketing. I found this course and the quality of information provided very valuable to my learning.

By Elsa P

Oct 25, 2017

This is a great course on content marketing! All the materials are well presented and even as a beginner you get lots of information!

By Taru B N

Apr 29, 2020

A must-have course for those who aim to have a good grip on content marketing and developing the strategies.

By Stephan S

Dec 21, 2017

Great, great, great!

By Catherine N

Sep 30, 2020

I think the information, the authority of Copyblogger, and Sonia's calm, friendly demeanor (along with her expertise) are all great. As an experienced B2B marketer I'm always looking to up my game, so I would prefer a more advanced level course on strategy and planning. Much of the stuff I knew already, though of course refreshers and confirmations are always useful. This course is perfect for somebody just getting started in content marketing because it gives a holistic overview. One final recommendation: the materials need updating in some places--for example, some of the links were no longer valid and references to Google+ need to be removed.

By Lauren E B

Sep 16, 2020

It’s a great course! Very insightful, gave me some strategies I look forward to putting into practice. However, the peer reviewed assignment system isn’t ideal. I did an assignment well... included all elements, put a lot of work into it, made it visually appealing... and a guy gave me all zeros stating I didn’t do anything. Little unfair.

By Robyn F

Sep 16, 2020

The course was great but the peer review process is bogus

By Beata M

Unfortunately following this course from the mobile application is nearly impossible, since almost every content is in the downloadable materials which is not reachable from a mobile phone.

Besides, the submissions are missing a rubric, which would be helpful for understanding what do they expect from the learners, unfortunately the misunderstanding resulted in very diverse results among the peer-reviewed submission.

Moreover, having peer-reviewed submissions may not be the best way of getting grades, since it seemed like leading to cultural differences: even if the written feedback was "everything was perfect", some peers gave 0 points, and there was no way to flag the reviews and have it checked by a professional.

Many course materials had nothing to do with the assignments, so it was great to listen to the calming voice of Sonia and it was a good addition to your general knowledge (and the ebooks are great!), it would be useful to have them in line with the assignments.