Back to Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success by Imperial College London

In today’s ever-growing and changing world, being able to think creatively and innovatively are essential skills. It can sometimes be challenging to step back and reflect in an environment which is fast paced or when you are required to assimilate large amounts of information. Making sense of or communicating new ideas in an innovative and engaging way, approaching problems from fresh angles, and producing novel solutions are all traits which are highly sought after by employers. This course will equip you with a ‘tool-box’, introducing you to a selection of behaviours and techniques that will augment your innate creativity. Some of the tools are suited to use on your own and others work well for a group, enabling you to leverage the power of several minds. You can pick and choose which of these tools or techniques suit your needs and interests, focusing on some or all of the selected approaches and in the order that fits best for you. The practical approach of this course enables you to acquire an essential skill-set for generating ideas, with plenty of: - Fun e-tivities and exercises; - Practical lectures and tips; - Video representations of the techniques in action. By the end of this course you should be able to: - Pick a type of brainstorming you think will be useful to apply to a challenge - Use alphabet brainstorming in tackling a challenge - Use grid brainstorming in tackling a challenge - Use a morphological chart to synthesise a solution to a challenge - Use the TRIZ contradiction matrix to identify recommended inventive principles - Apply SCAMPER to a range of challenges The greatest innovators aren’t necessarily the people who have the most original idea. Often, they are people- or teams- that have harnessed their creativity to develop a new perspective or more effective way of communicating an idea. You can train your imagination to seize opportunities, break away from routine and habit, and tap into your natural creativity. Join this course and our community of practitioners in CREATIVITY!...

M
Jul 22, 2020

Amazing to find out that I have been using the Six thinking Hats tool all my adult life and I wasn't even aware of its existence! As an Event Manager, I would definitely be applying many of the tools.

OE

I enjoyed this course right from the start. The videos are relatable and exciting as so were the reading exercises to get a better knowledge of how to think and easy, fast steps to get to those ideas.

776 - 800 of 927 Reviews for Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success

By OM P S

Jul 30, 2020

its was very long more than it should be

By Mohit K P

Feb 20, 2021

Nice one

By Subash J

May 20, 2021

I didn't find it useful. Also, please increase the volume for the videos and add subtitles. Its really frustrating when I listen (more like unable to listen) to the videos in a noisy environment, which is how it is in my current place of living!

By Delia G

Jun 28, 2021

This course have too many excercises by checking other students essays. It takes too much time and we depend on other people time. I don't like the course i will unroll.

By Maria K

May 20, 2021

There were not enough assignments for me to grade and as a result I could not complete the course.

By Vinsuka K

Jun 27, 2021

i have completed all the assignments, yet no certificate.

By Rama T

Jul 1, 2021

highly recommend this course to anybody who is interested in opening up different avenues of thinking. The design tools unpacked by Peter Childs are stellar and the course is packaged very appealingly with a mix of interesting short videos, peer reviews and reading material - all imminently digestible even at the end of a heavy work day. Here are the tools I really loved! 1 Morphological Analysis - Ideal for solving a product flaw to tackling writer's block. 2 TRIZ - A Russian acronym for the "Theory of Inventive Problem Solving" that is incredible in its readymade parameters and principles you can use to arrive at approaches for pretty much ANYTHING! 3 SCAMPER - Interesting for opening up divergent thinking 4 Circle Brainstorming- Given the current WFH scenario, this will have to wait but I would hedge my bets on this versus regular brainstorming any day of the year.

By Sridhar P

Nov 24, 2021

Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success is really a very good course. The tools learnt in this course are definitely creative than what i know earlier and easy to use in my personal and official life for various situations. I suggest every one to register for this course and improve your creative thinking.

By PRAFUL D D

Sep 5, 2021

All thanks to Sir Peter Childs And on the day of Teacher's Day I would like to wish him Happy

teachers Day and just keep inspiring students like us to achieve their goals in future

By Mamiriawaty

Jul 8, 2021

This course is very useful for me in developing creative ideas. ​I also get motivated and inspired while taking this course. Thank you for teaching me to develop creativity.

By Theerada M

Jun 12, 2021

Great course!!! I learned a lot of new things even though I've been working in the creative industry for half a decade. Peter Childs is arguably an excellent instructor!

By Nitin D

Jul 29, 2021

The course is well structured and the techniques and tools of creative thinking are well demonstrated.

I have learned a lot from this course.

By Z A

Nov 6, 2021

this Course is very great, to know us how to handle some issue with knowledge and sciences, so make us have good mentality when discussion.

By Ravi S

Sep 15, 2021

​I wish I had more time here OR you had shared more techniques. Very good course with SO many practical tools. Thank you very much.

By Asward A

Sep 30, 2021

It was amazing online course that I have attended. Not only learning, but I also get to know new friends from all over the world.

By mesa n

Sep 5, 2021

Loved it, I would learn it again anytime. If there will be a part 2 or even a degree course on this I will for sure enroll to it.

By Lila M

May 13, 2020

You can learn very useful tools in an easy and practical way. It is an excellent course. I recommend it without any doubt

By TTS

Jun 26, 2021

The course content is good and useful. The format can be improved in terms of length of videos and arrangement.

By Dr. A J

Jun 14, 2021

Exceptional !!! This course has a lot of practical tools to offer for use in our daily or professional lives.

By R. K

Sep 24, 2021

The course is excellent and a quality one. I learned a lot of things in relation to creative thinking .

By MANEESHA S

Oct 14, 2021

I learnt a lot, thank you, as an academician I look forward to students enrolling for such programs

By YEWANDE S M

Aug 22, 2020

I will definitely recommend this course to my colleagues at work. It has broaden my creative mind.