Back to Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success by Imperial College London

In today’s ever-growing and changing world, being able to think creatively and innovatively are essential skills. It can sometimes be challenging to step back and reflect in an environment which is fast paced or when you are required to assimilate large amounts of information. Making sense of or communicating new ideas in an innovative and engaging way, approaching problems from fresh angles, and producing novel solutions are all traits which are highly sought after by employers. This course will equip you with a ‘tool-box’, introducing you to a selection of behaviours and techniques that will augment your innate creativity. Some of the tools are suited to use on your own and others work well for a group, enabling you to leverage the power of several minds. You can pick and choose which of these tools or techniques suit your needs and interests, focusing on some or all of the selected approaches and in the order that fits best for you. The practical approach of this course enables you to acquire an essential skill-set for generating ideas, with plenty of: - Fun e-tivities and exercises; - Practical lectures and tips; - Video representations of the techniques in action. By the end of this course you should be able to: - Pick a type of brainstorming you think will be useful to apply to a challenge - Use alphabet brainstorming in tackling a challenge - Use grid brainstorming in tackling a challenge - Use a morphological chart to synthesise a solution to a challenge - Use the TRIZ contradiction matrix to identify recommended inventive principles - Apply SCAMPER to a range of challenges The greatest innovators aren’t necessarily the people who have the most original idea. Often, they are people- or teams- that have harnessed their creativity to develop a new perspective or more effective way of communicating an idea. You can train your imagination to seize opportunities, break away from routine and habit, and tap into your natural creativity. Join this course and our community of practitioners in CREATIVITY!...

JM

An excellent course for a systematic exposure of some interesting and widely used creativity tools! Thanks for increasing the awareness and confidence to use them in professional and personal domains!

OE

I enjoyed this course right from the start. The videos are relatable and exciting as so were the reading exercises to get a better knowledge of how to think and easy, fast steps to get to those ideas.

776 - 800 of 837 Reviews for Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success

By Mukesh s

Feb 20, 2021

Nice one

By Subash J

May 20, 2021

I didn't find it useful. Also, please increase the volume for the videos and add subtitles. Its really frustrating when I listen (more like unable to listen) to the videos in a noisy environment, which is how it is in my current place of living!

By Maria K

May 20, 2021

There were not enough assignments for me to grade and as a result I could not complete the course.

By Theerada M

Jun 12, 2021

Great course!!! I learned a lot of new things even though I've been working in the creative industry for half a decade. Peter Childs is arguably an excellent instructor!

By Lila M

May 13, 2020

You can learn very useful tools in an easy and practical way. It is an excellent course. I recommend it without any doubt

By Dr. A J

Jun 14, 2021

Exceptional !!! This course has a lot of practical tools to offer for use in our daily or professional lives.

By YEWANDE S M

Aug 22, 2020

I will definitely recommend this course to my colleagues at work. It has broaden my creative mind.

By Julia

Jul 21, 2020

the course was very interesting and insightful. I will definitely use the tools I've learned.

By Ye M M

Jun 20, 2021

This course is very nice and I get too much creative thinking style and idea for my future

By Roopa V

Jun 16, 2021

Interesting exercises and assignments to complement the course material.

By Kittisak S

Jun 11, 2021

Creative tools that I learn in this course can be use in my real life.

By Shawn B

Jun 21, 2021

This course really brought insight that educated me great stuff!

By Nikhil K

Jun 21, 2021

Amazing Content and Explanation of Ideas and Concepts shared.

By Rohit L

Jun 16, 2021

Good course to learn various techniques of creative thinking

By Salisa T

Apr 26, 2020

I found 6 hats thinking can apply in my real life :)

By Aditya S

Apr 21, 2020

Awesome course....lot of new things to learn...

By Varma I

Aug 20, 2020

Excellent learning through out the session

By Elena H

Nov 23, 2020

Excellent course, highly recommended.

By Suriya k

Jun 12, 2021

Excellent guidance and peers.

By MD. R I T

Jun 13, 2020

awesome professor! Loved him

By Kateryna S

Sep 18, 2020

This course is wonderful!

By MUKESH P