Back to Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success by Imperial College London

In today’s ever-growing and changing world, being able to think creatively and innovatively are essential skills. It can sometimes be challenging to step back and reflect in an environment which is fast paced or when you are required to assimilate large amounts of information. Making sense of or communicating new ideas in an innovative and engaging way, approaching problems from fresh angles, and producing novel solutions are all traits which are highly sought after by employers. This course will equip you with a ‘tool-box’, introducing you to a selection of behaviours and techniques that will augment your innate creativity. Some of the tools are suited to use on your own and others work well for a group, enabling you to leverage the power of several minds. You can pick and choose which of these tools or techniques suit your needs and interests, focusing on some or all of the selected approaches and in the order that fits best for you. The practical approach of this course enables you to acquire an essential skill-set for generating ideas, with plenty of: - Fun e-tivities and exercises; - Practical lectures and tips; - Video representations of the techniques in action. By the end of this course you should be able to: - Pick a type of brainstorming you think will be useful to apply to a challenge - Use alphabet brainstorming in tackling a challenge - Use grid brainstorming in tackling a challenge - Use a morphological chart to synthesise a solution to a challenge - Use the TRIZ contradiction matrix to identify recommended inventive principles - Apply SCAMPER to a range of challenges The greatest innovators aren’t necessarily the people who have the most original idea. Often, they are people- or teams- that have harnessed their creativity to develop a new perspective or more effective way of communicating an idea. You can train your imagination to seize opportunities, break away from routine and habit, and tap into your natural creativity. Join this course and our community of practitioners in CREATIVITY!...

M
Jul 22, 2020

Amazing to find out that I have been using the Six thinking Hats tool all my adult life and I wasn't even aware of its existence! As an Event Manager, I would definitely be applying many of the tools.

OE

I enjoyed this course right from the start. The videos are relatable and exciting as so were the reading exercises to get a better knowledge of how to think and easy, fast steps to get to those ideas.

801 - 825 of 951 Reviews for Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success

By TTS

Jun 26, 2021

The course content is good and useful. The format can be improved in terms of length of videos and arrangement.

By santhi n

Dec 4, 2021

I​t was a good experience. new designing tools have been introduced and also it helps me to solve my problems.

By Dr. A J

Jun 14, 2021

Exceptional !!! This course has a lot of practical tools to offer for use in our daily or professional lives.

By Elizabeth H B

Jan 12, 2022

It's a very interesting course that must be taken seriously, as it provides different thinking technques

By R. K

Sep 24, 2021

The course is excellent and a quality one. I learned a lot of things in relation to creative thinking .

By MANEESHA S

Oct 14, 2021

I learnt a lot, thank you, as an academician I look forward to students enrolling for such programs

By YEWANDE S M

Aug 22, 2020

I will definitely recommend this course to my colleagues at work. It has broaden my creative mind.

By Julia

Jul 21, 2020

the course was very interesting and insightful. I will definitely use the tools I've learned.

By ravi c

Jan 13, 2022

Program is very good and these learnings will help in solving daily problems in easy way..

By Ye M M

Jun 20, 2021

This course is very nice and I get too much creative thinking style and idea for my future

By Shelley W

Jan 2, 2022

Well structured, well paced very informative with appropriate level of challenge.

By Mahesh K G K

Jul 14, 2021

Highly Recommended course. Thank you Peter for this wonderful piece of learning.

By Netchanok K

Jul 1, 2021

This course is great! The knowledges I've gained all are useful and practicable.

By ANURAG O K

Sep 15, 2021

gjhjhuyif a great course a creative thinking and if a success of in my life

By Artur F

Jan 4, 2022

Huge amount of techniques and we can choose one or many to further study!

By vishwanth v

Jul 7, 2021

This course will help you to approach design problems in a different way

By Roopa V

Jun 16, 2021

Interesting exercises and assignments to complement the course material.

By riez a f

Dec 23, 2021

This course is really good, someone have to join the course, thank you

By Kittisak S

Jun 11, 2021

Creative tools that I learn in this course can be use in my real life.

By Rajashri G

Dec 16, 2021

Well Structured course. A wide range of topics covered with examples.

By Dipo R

Jul 26, 2021

The course was well put together, very interactive and well presented

By Momma's B

Nov 1, 2021

This is a wonderful course. I have learnt a lot from it. Thank you!

By M H T

Aug 8, 2021

i know more about creativity and creative tools Thank you so much

By Gowdhaman E

Dec 4, 2021

Excellent program. One of the finest of this kind ever undergone