Back to Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success by Imperial College London

In today’s ever-growing and changing world, being able to think creatively and innovatively are essential skills. It can sometimes be challenging to step back and reflect in an environment which is fast paced or when you are required to assimilate large amounts of information. Making sense of or communicating new ideas in an innovative and engaging way, approaching problems from fresh angles, and producing novel solutions are all traits which are highly sought after by employers. This course will equip you with a ‘tool-box’, introducing you to a selection of behaviours and techniques that will augment your innate creativity. Some of the tools are suited to use on your own and others work well for a group, enabling you to leverage the power of several minds. You can pick and choose which of these tools or techniques suit your needs and interests, focusing on some or all of the selected approaches and in the order that fits best for you. The practical approach of this course enables you to acquire an essential skill-set for generating ideas, with plenty of: - Fun e-tivities and exercises; - Practical lectures and tips; - Video representations of the techniques in action. By the end of this course you should be able to: - Pick a type of brainstorming you think will be useful to apply to a challenge - Use alphabet brainstorming in tackling a challenge - Use grid brainstorming in tackling a challenge - Use a morphological chart to synthesise a solution to a challenge - Use the TRIZ contradiction matrix to identify recommended inventive principles - Apply SCAMPER to a range of challenges The greatest innovators aren’t necessarily the people who have the most original idea. Often, they are people- or teams- that have harnessed their creativity to develop a new perspective or more effective way of communicating an idea. You can train your imagination to seize opportunities, break away from routine and habit, and tap into your natural creativity. Join this course and our community of practitioners in CREATIVITY!...

JM

An excellent course for a systematic exposure of some interesting and widely used creativity tools! Thanks for increasing the awareness and confidence to use them in professional and personal domains!

M
Jul 22, 2020

Amazing to find out that I have been using the Six thinking Hats tool all my adult life and I wasn't even aware of its existence! As an Event Manager, I would definitely be applying many of the tools.

676 - 700 of 901 Reviews for Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success

By Samantha H

Sep 25, 2020

Really interesting course with applications in all fields. It was much more work than I anticipated, but really thought provoking. I underestimated the power of (and thought/work needed for) creative thinking!

By Priyansi N S

Jul 4, 2020

During COVID-19 pandemic, encouraging students and people who are currently unemployed, is highly appreciated. The course, helped me understand so much in a very theoretical as well as in a practical way.

By aamira m

the course could have had detailed explanations on the methods shown. The assignments are tougher to upload as there aren't any directions given. Apart from these two short comings the course is brilliant

By Rick P

Interesting course. I knew half of the methods explained in this course as I have used them in college. The other ones were knew to me and quite interesting. It is clear and doesn't take too much time.

By Smriti M

I really enjoyed and learnt many new techniques and tools with examples and assignment. I would love to apply these techniques in my personal and professional life. Thank you so much.

By Nirali U S

The course material was good and I'm equipped some good creative thinking techniques. I would have liked if it was geared more towards individual creative thinking than group.

By Catarina R

Jan 16, 2021

Very useful techniques. Some assignment instructions could be more clear, however it's amazing how it allows participants to put their new-acquired knowledge in practice.

By JASON C

Very detail and wide perspective. Definitely, worth 5 stars but only able to give 4 because certain surveys must be done via a PC or laptop. Other than that, it is good.

By Henry A

Jun 11, 2020

i really enjoy the course i'm sure i will use de tools in my carrer, i think it would be fine if you develop a little more the SCAMPER tool. Thanks for the opportunity

By Simpi d

I have learned through coursera so many skill techniques also I learned lots of knowledgable thinks

Thank you so much for guid me for new skills and techniques

By Alfonso M E

Dec 9, 2020

A Very interesting course introducing creative thinking and most relevant tools. Very recommendable for engineers who seeks improving their creative skills

By Vrushali

Jul 15, 2020

This course is really mind-blowing. Course will give a way to your thinking. When you follow the path you will automatically lead towards creative solution.

By Aleksandra K

Jun 3, 2020

In general the course is great but maybe the last part, one with webinars, should be optional as they are quite long. In general, I really liked it.

By Edison E S d J

May 3, 2020

Very good course, useful techniques and very well produced with short videos. Examples and role-plays could have been better in most instances.

By Rohan P G

Apr 28, 2020

It was a great experience to complete this course.

I am thankful to Dr. Peter and the university for providing such a great course.

By Jackson R

Apr 21, 2020

The topics are interesting but the lectures were very boring that I feel like I am enrolling in a course that needs creativity in teaching.

By Miyadeh A R

Great course! it gives many tool to think about certain things differently. I enjoyed all the quizzes and assignments while learning!

By Chirag

Jun 28, 2020

nice course and awesome tools used to teach creativity, daily life problem solution topic should also be included rest all is fine

By Ben P

Jun 4, 2020

Amazing resource, with a massive amount of content delivered in a variety of formats (videos, downloads, examples), and all free!

By Igor G

Jun 9, 2020

Good education material and explanation, but for me not enough additional information like books, articles, etc.

So only 4 stars

By Nitish B

Jan 27, 2021

Now I have many ways to give my input if asked.

At least I will not be quiet if asked for my solutions to a particular problem.

By Lotte Z

Apr 11, 2021

This online course gave me the opportunity to step out of my comfort zone. I learned a lot about innovative creative tools.

By Yudha S

Jun 10, 2021

I like this course, the materials given are fully easy to understand and the mentor also makes me enjoy the whole course.

By Kawar S

Jun 9, 2020

Loved the activities and discussions and the videos where the students were practically using these creativity tools.

By F S

Jan 25, 2021

Thanks for your great efforts.

I believe that some concepts were not easily understandable for all culture members.