Back to Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success by Imperial College London

In today’s ever-growing and changing world, being able to think creatively and innovatively are essential skills. It can sometimes be challenging to step back and reflect in an environment which is fast paced or when you are required to assimilate large amounts of information. Making sense of or communicating new ideas in an innovative and engaging way, approaching problems from fresh angles, and producing novel solutions are all traits which are highly sought after by employers. This course will equip you with a ‘tool-box’, introducing you to a selection of behaviours and techniques that will augment your innate creativity. Some of the tools are suited to use on your own and others work well for a group, enabling you to leverage the power of several minds. You can pick and choose which of these tools or techniques suit your needs and interests, focusing on some or all of the selected approaches and in the order that fits best for you. The practical approach of this course enables you to acquire an essential skill-set for generating ideas, with plenty of: - Fun e-tivities and exercises; - Practical lectures and tips; - Video representations of the techniques in action. By the end of this course you should be able to: - Pick a type of brainstorming you think will be useful to apply to a challenge - Use alphabet brainstorming in tackling a challenge - Use grid brainstorming in tackling a challenge - Use a morphological chart to synthesise a solution to a challenge - Use the TRIZ contradiction matrix to identify recommended inventive principles - Apply SCAMPER to a range of challenges The greatest innovators aren’t necessarily the people who have the most original idea. Often, they are people- or teams- that have harnessed their creativity to develop a new perspective or more effective way of communicating an idea. You can train your imagination to seize opportunities, break away from routine and habit, and tap into your natural creativity. Join this course and our community of practitioners in CREATIVITY!...

OE

I enjoyed this course right from the start. The videos are relatable and exciting as so were the reading exercises to get a better knowledge of how to think and easy, fast steps to get to those ideas.

M
Jul 22, 2020

Amazing to find out that I have been using the Six thinking Hats tool all my adult life and I wasn't even aware of its existence! As an Event Manager, I would definitely be applying many of the tools.

876 - 900 of 915 Reviews for Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success

By JAYA S S Y

Sep 7, 2021

NICE

By Indah N A

Aug 14, 2021

nice

By Ho T

Jul 1, 2021

GOOD

By B.K.N.PRIYANKA

Jun 28, 2021

good

By Vignesh P

Jun 16, 2021

good

By SAI D A C

Sep 7, 2021

i

By ZOBAYED I

Jun 25, 2021

I

By Karthik M K

Jun 26, 2021

I joined this course to learn and practice creative thinking techniques, and this course was just perfect. It was both interesting and challenging. The quiz questions and peer-graded assignments helped me a lot to get through this course. I was hoping some changes can be made in the course platform to easily network with peers. As many of the creative tools are created to use as a team, it would have been great if the course had added a team assignment for grades.

By Marion J

Jul 6, 2021

Interesting course. One feedback would be to have a different method for submissions. when i see the group feedback, most take the easy way out and submit a word to complete the assignment. there should be a different method devised to allow constructive feedback. Also the grading could be from 1-5, sometimes the assignment is between 1-3, neither bad not yet good.

By Rayomand E

Jan 9, 2021

The course is detailed and fantastic, yes it is quite challenging for a non engineering person to grasp the concepts, and be able to apply them immediately, does require a second and sometimes a third reading as well. The video and image up-linking can be directly embedded into the assignment instead of having to go through google drive.

By Shaheen S

Jun 13, 2021

It was such great learning experience from Coursera . Very well explained concept and great assignment.i learnt alot from my course ( creative thinking : techniques and tools for success) which would definitely going to help in my future development .

By Giuseppe

Aug 3, 2021

It was nice partecipate at this course because you can learn different ways to find a solution to issue and more.

In fact you can use all the methods suggested in any situation you need a solution for something different

By AMRITA S

May 14, 2020

I loved doing this course. It made me work, think, apply knowledge and helped me in bringing out my creative side. I would like to thank Sir Peter Childs for providing us with such an enriching experience. Thank You.

By Pablo T

Apr 30, 2020

Very interesting course! I especially liked the different e-tivities that allowed me to put the theory into practice. Great tools to stimulate thinking, association and creativity. Recommended!

By Rana D

Jun 23, 2021

It was really very helpful course for my personal & Professional life. Thanks to Course Era for this Learning opportunity.

By Bhavya K

Aug 2, 2020

It was a very good experience for me overall. I have learnt a lot of new concepts that can be used in any domain.

By K

Oct 13, 2021

Course was well-structured and easy to follow. Unfortunately there's not much interaction among the cohort.

By Ashby L B

Jul 3, 2020

Awesome course! It is informative and engaging! I am looking forward to future additions of materials.

By Yuvashri K

Jul 16, 2021

It was really good . More focused on organizing your creativity than creativity in itself.

By Sayanika M

Jun 22, 2021

Very effective course which will definitely improve your thinking.

By Derick M S

Jun 3, 2020

A good course with much needed tools for our daily lives.

By Saurav J

Oct 3, 2021

Very informative course have a great learning experience

By Walter M

Apr 20, 2021

very practical course. never booring

By Riddhi K

Aug 11, 2021

interesting, creative, worth

By Nadiia M

May 22, 2020

Thank you for the course!