Back to Visual Analytics with Tableau

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Visual Analytics with Tableau by University of California, Davis

In this third course of the specialization, we’ll drill deeper into the tools Tableau offers in the areas of charting, dates, table calculations and mapping. We’ll explore the best choices for charts, based on the type of data you are using. We’ll look at specific types of charts including scatter plots, Gantt charts, histograms, bullet charts and several others, and we’ll address charting guidelines. We’ll define discrete and continuous dates, and examine when to use each one to explain your data. You’ll learn how to create custom and quick table calculations and how to create parameters. We’ll also introduce mapping and explore how Tableau can use different types of geographic data, how to connect to multiple data sources and how to create custom maps....

AG

Aug 20, 2017

Through this course learner can efficiently learn about dual layer maps, dual axis, creating calculated fields and many more. Thanks for such a great platform to learn and for great instructors.

FB

Apr 12, 2018

Good intro to Tableau. The instructor is crystal clear. The case study is pretty good, it's very satisfactory to understand at the end what is wrong with this company.

1 - 25 of 155 Reviews for Visual Analytics with Tableau

By kartikey d

Jul 02, 2019

Assignment exercises have missing instructions and even after so many threads about it, no actions have been taken by instructors. Moreover, less emphasis is on teaching practical applications of the tableau. Overall I think it's a very basic course with bad assignments.

By Nitin K

Nov 26, 2018

this course is really nice for beginner because you get hands on with the tableau pretty easily as instructor illustrated in a very good manner.

By Gregory R G J

Jan 04, 2019

By Khalid S

Jan 24, 2019

Very good explanation of the different visual techniques within Tableau.

By Kingsley

Mar 20, 2019

It was a very good course

By René G B

Mar 20, 2019

Great course

By José E B C

Feb 27, 2019

Excelente curso, muy bien impartido, muy didáctico.

By hoda

Mar 13, 2019

That is excellent course

By Trisya K S S

Mar 14, 2019

all your technical expectation of Tableau for beginner is here

By Xianhui W

Mar 18, 2019

Great course for the beginners!

By Snehal B

Sep 11, 2018

Great course!

By Aditya D

Sep 13, 2018

Great Course. Learnt a Lot!!

By Atchut S

Sep 30, 2018

Well designed course

By Radwan A

Aug 19, 2018

Great course

By Yahya K

Oct 17, 2018

Some issues with the peer review assignments, but overall good.

By mahnoush m

Oct 29, 2018

I really enjoyed the course and learnt lots of things that I can use in my daily work. Thank you!

By Patrick W

Jan 30, 2018

I liked how this course really got to the point quickly and then moved on. Well done.

By James S N

Jan 17, 2017

Another good course on

By ADYA S

Mar 11, 2018

Course content is good. Clear explanation and Practical examples.

But....

After enrolling I saw there were so many questions (peer review) which Coursera wouldn't let me attempt/access. If Coursera is not going to let students access stuff, they should let students know that before they enroll.

By Jose A R N

Nov 06, 2017

My name is Jose Antonio. I am looking for a new Data Scientist career ( https://www.linkedin.com/in/joseantonio11)

I did this course to get new knowledge about Data Visualization and better understand the Tableau technology and your practical applications.

The course was excellent and the classes well taught by the Teachers.

Congratulations to Coursera team and Teachers.

Regards.

Oct 16, 2017

Excellent course !, I learned a lot

By Sy Y W

Jan 03, 2018

So Far, This is a Very Good course design. However, if it is possible, more practice assignment will be much better for learning and improving the skill.