Back to Optimizing Diversity on Teams

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Optimizing Diversity on Teams by University of Pennsylvania

4.3

By drawing on social science perspectives, this course enables you to learn what diversity is, and how to use it to maximize team performance, innovation and creativity. You also learn how to draw out the collective wisdom of diverse teams, handle conflict and establish common ground rules through real-world cases and peer-to-peer discussions. In addition, you discover how to overcome common biases faced in diverse teams. Systems of power, reward and rhetoric are discussed to help you create prosperous teams where differences flourish....

VP
Apr 14, 2020

The course is very well designed and presented. It is very impressive and helpful that all real life examples are discussed in the coursework and interviews.

SU
Oct 25, 2020

Good course for understanding D&I in deep level. Very practical to implement D&I in organization.

1 - 24 of 24 Reviews for Optimizing Diversity on Teams

By Bertrand K

Mar 7, 2017

I did not enjoy this one. I find it too politically charged as it emphasized the "visual diversity" (religion, ethnicity) over the "second-order diversity" (diversity of professional profiles and personalities) which should be the focus of a management course.

By Daniele M

Apr 30, 2017

it helped me to remember the importance of diversity. Many times we tend to prefer teams with less diversity just because it is easier to manage. This course is a good reminder of what should be done

By Mirtile R S M D

Feb 28, 2019

The course evaluation method is not the best. you are stuck waiting for other students to review your material, you should be a teacher or just continue with the application of tests and grades.

By RAHMA F 1

Jul 10, 2020

The course helps me develop a better understanding of diversity and inclusion context, with many examples that we could face in everyday life, which are easier to relate.

I'm so happy to be able to finish this course, and it's worth it! All materials were helpful too!

good job for university of pennsylvania and team behind these course.

By Lynn R C

Jul 1, 2020

This course was fantastic in teaching the difference between simple diversity and inclusion. Its discussion of noticing and tackling unconscious bias and microagressions is particularly important. Everyone in any majority (race, gender, able-bodied, etc.) needs to be aware of these issues in their daily lives. Highly recommended!

By VIDYA R P

Apr 15, 2020

By Sunsanee U

Oct 26, 2020

By Dóra K

Apr 24, 2020

A great course with relevant theory set into practice and real organizational cases!

By Dylo L R

Jun 17, 2019

Learning about micro-aggressions changed my life - personally and professio

By robert M

Nov 4, 2020

Great course. Enjoyed the peer portion. Presentaions were on point

By Ikeokwu B I

Aug 31, 2020

Course will be very useful in optimally managing diverse teams

By Wesley C

Sep 1, 2019

Right on topic for the issues I'm seeing in the workplace

By Maurizio Z

May 12, 2020

In deep lesson about diversity in Team, recommended 100%

By FARHAAN H

Apr 23, 2020

Excellent and very easy to understand.

By Maria J D C

Mar 24, 2020

Great course and great trainers!

By Simona L B

May 14, 2020

Amazing!

By Beldina O

May 3, 2018

Interesting course with various examples of how to build diverse and inclusive teams.

By Pat C

Mar 2, 2017

The overall information in this course was very informative and in some aspects rewarding as refreshers as where the mindset is with some population standards. from a technical perspective I am not sure the system is working at 100%.

By Martin S

Sep 23, 2020

I waited 3 weeks to finish this course simply because you're forced to get your assignments reviewed and nobody reviewed the last assignment for 3 weeks. If I would have known I wouldn't have taken the course. I ended up having to pay for 1 more month's subscription just because of this wait.

By Imam E

Mar 2, 2020

Took forever to grade, almost 2 billing months, before I could have the peer review complete. Didn't learn anything new really.