Back to Behavioral Finance

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Behavioral Finance by Duke University

4.4

We make thousands of decisions every day. Do I cross the road now, or wait for the oncoming truck to pass? Should I eat fries or a salad for lunch? How much should I tip the cab driver? We usually make these decisions with almost no thought, using what psychologists call “heuristics” – rules of thumb that enable us to navigate our lives. Without these mental shortcuts, we would be paralyzed by the multitude of daily choices. But in certain circumstances, these shortcuts lead to predictable errors – predictable, that is, if we know what to watch out for. Did you know, for example, that we are naturally biased towards selling investments that are doing well for us, but holding on to those that are doing poorly? Or that we often select sub-optimal insurance payment plans, and routinely purchase insurance that we don’t even need? And why do so many of us fail to enroll in our employer’s corporate retirement plans, even when the employer offers to match our contributions? Behavioral finance is the study of these and dozens of other financial decision-making errors that can be avoided, if we are familiar with the biases that cause them. In this course, we examine these predictable errors, and discover where we are most susceptible to them. This course is intended to guide participants towards better financial choices. Learn how to improve your spending, saving, and investing decisions for the future....

AM

Aug 16, 2017

Great course! It allows to understand the twisted logic that run in our heads. Helps to establish the balance between probabilistic truth and illusions that infect our decision-making. Thanks a lot!

SK

Feb 26, 2020

Good course! There is just one thing I would improve here - an explanation of the mistakes after the tests are done. This improvement should increase the student`s understanding of specific topics.

226 - 250 of 623 Reviews for Behavioral Finance

By AMAN G

Great course for finance professionals.

By nathanel s

Dec 13, 2019

Lo disfrute realmente, aprendi bastante

By ASHIRWAD S

Nov 11, 2019

The best course I've ever come across .

By Emanuel M

Nov 06, 2016

good examples of interesting situations

By Kalum D S

Jun 08, 2020

A very interesting course. I loved it.

By NIKHIL N

Oct 15, 2020

It's help me for my future profession

By Kaustabh A

Jul 26, 2020

Extremely insightful and interesting!

By Apoorv

Jun 11, 2020

Very Beautiful and insightful course.

By András P

Oct 14, 2018

Excellent course, can only recommend.

By Álesson R S

Jan 25, 2018

Um dos melhores cursos!!! Fantástico.

By Sahil D

Oct 02, 2020

best in line for behaviour analysis.

By Dipesh

Jul 02, 2020

Excellent course and study material!

By Marc T N

Jul 04, 2020

Very interesting and instructive!!!

By PRANSHUL A

Oct 03, 2019

nice course got to learn new things

By Kingtau M

Sep 21, 2020

Challenging and Interesting Course

By Penny L D G

Jan 23, 2020

Interesting material. Instructors

By Ben M R

Dec 18, 2019

Fascinating! Enjoyed the content.

By Ninh H V

Jun 26, 2019

Very good and entertaining course

By Ryan L

Aug 18, 2020

Great coursework! Learned a ton.

By Quanita m

Jun 10, 2020

I'm so glad I chose this course!

By John H

Oct 24, 2019

Enjoyable and interesting class.

By Tomás H O

Jul 13, 2017

Practical, interesting, on point

By heshma H T

Jul 29, 2020

It was a good session.Thank you

By Leandro C M

Jun 23, 2019

Very good!! I highly recommend!