Back to Establishing a Professional ‘Self’ through Effective Intercultural Communication

Establishing a Professional ‘Self’ through Effective Intercultural Communication, National University of Singapore

4.1

About this Course

In the course ‘Establishing a professional ‘self’ through effective intercultural communication’, you will learn how to communicate effectively to establish relationships with colleagues in a culturally and linguistically diverse community and workplace. As language reflects cultures, we begin the course by highlighting the need to take into considerations cultural values when we communicate in a multicultural community and workplace. We then move on to discuss some effective communication skills required to build relationships with colleagues in a globalised workplace. You will learn to adopt appropriate intrapersonal and interpersonal, verbal and nonverbal, communicative strategies to present information based on the 7 communication principles. Finally, you will learn to build your personal profile and appropriately align yourself in a globalised workplace....

By SB

Oct 25, 2016

It is extremely contemporary and a very useful course!

11 Reviews

By Daniel Pasztor

Jun 25, 2018

unprofessional, limited extra knowledge gained. The course try to be PC therefore it is full with cliché

By Praveena Kari

Apr 16, 2018

Good case studies are given

By Jennifer Galo

Apr 05, 2018

This was very confusing to understand. There was a lot of repetition in the information shared, much of it was not clearly stated or was said in a very circular manner. I needed to replay multiple segments in order to try and understand what the instructor was saying. Also, there was a difference in phrasing between the lectures and the quizes which required more time to comprehend what was being asked in the question. A majority of it would also be understood by native speakers so I think this ought to be catered more for non-native speakers rather than a general course on intercultural communication. While I understand that the point of the course is to teach about how native English speaking areas differ in their communicative styles, as an American living in Asia for the past six years, I found the instructors among the most confusing native English speaking Asians I have met.

By Venkat Narayanan

Feb 28, 2018

Very good and easy approach defined to ac

By Luis Gerardo Aguilera Gomez

Feb 20, 2018

Me gustó esta parte del curso, no tengo objeción alguna .

By Majed Hamroush

Jan 23, 2018

very useful and interesting

By Vincent Stevenson

Sep 18, 2017

I'm sorry, for me this is really basic. Possibly ideal for an intern. I work in operational environments where things need to be done. Yes, we don't want to offend anybody, but it's essential things happen in a timely manner.

By Ghaxala Abdulrauf

Jul 12, 2017

great

By Antony Palimattam

Dec 12, 2016

The methodology taught was awesome. I, being an Indian benefited a lot, truly. It was another platform to interact globally.

By Sumitra Balakrishnan

Oct 25, 2016

It is extremely contemporary and a very useful course!