Back to Establishing a Professional ‘Self’ through Effective Intercultural Communication

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Establishing a Professional ‘Self’ through Effective Intercultural Communication by National University of Singapore

In the course ‘Establishing a professional ‘self’ through effective intercultural communication’, you will learn how to communicate effectively to establish relationships with colleagues in a culturally and linguistically diverse community and workplace. As language reflects cultures, we begin the course by highlighting the need to take into considerations cultural values when we communicate in a multicultural community and workplace. We then move on to discuss some effective communication skills required to build relationships with colleagues in a globalised workplace. You will learn to adopt appropriate intrapersonal and interpersonal, verbal and nonverbal, communicative strategies to present information based on the 7 communication principles. Finally, you will learn to build your personal profile and appropriately align yourself in a globalised workplace....

JH
Mar 30, 2021

This course enlightens me and at the same helped me shaped the way I communicate with other people. Their modules may be a lot but it is worth learning so much from this :)

DI
Feb 3, 2021

The course has increased my confidence and my persuasion skills.Has a lot of good students in this course and made many friends.Very manageable course.It is also fun.

51 - 54 of 54 Reviews for Establishing a Professional ‘Self’ through Effective Intercultural Communication

By Antony P

Dec 12, 2016

The methodology taught was awesome. I, being an Indian benefited a lot, truly. It was another platform to interact globally.

By Ian M

Feb 28, 2019

I thought that the course content was good

By Leonard W

Nov 18, 2020

very informative

By Elisa N

Feb 16, 2021

Very basic course about intercultural communication. I would have wanted to see more examples and more information about establishing a professional "self" - what this course should have been about. As a side note, the university logo + the sound that come at the beginning of each video are super annoying.