Back to Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence by Case Western Reserve University

Emotional intelligence, hope, mindfulness, and compassion help a person reverse the damage of chronic stress and build great leadership relationships. The Positive and Negative Emotional Attractors inspire sustained, desired change and learning at many levels....

GT

Sep 05, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. it helped me to refresh some of the concepts I had learned early in m career as well as see actual case study work as it applies to the corporate environment that im in.

SF

Jun 28, 2018

Although I have not yet completed this course BUT whatever I have learnt, is awesome. Love Richard Boyatzis. An excellent Trainer!!! Would that I can attend his classes live. Impressed!!!

1 - 25 of 180 Reviews for Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence

By Martina F

Oct 23, 2018

I really enjoyed taking this course and I believe that the content is really useful.

PROS:

It has a good theory - practice balance and this maintains it interesting and dynamic.

Professor Richard is a very good speaker. He manages to explain concepts in a very engaging, clear and entertaining way.

The content (videos, readings and exercises) are very good.

CONS (these are the reasons why I put three stars and not four or five):

It could be shorter than what it is. I believe concepts are stretched too much, the course could take 2 weeks less.

Readings and exercises take much longer than what indicated throughout the course.

In some cases (not many) the readings given weren't available.

By Geeta R

Nov 11, 2016

The exercises are not very interesting. The exercises initially focusses on identifying a leader who we have worked with but It should also focus on how am I as a leader, what is my level of emotional intelligence, how do I scale up basis some test etc. I lost interest in the course because it was more about seeing some one else as a leader than myself.

There is a lot of research into the course yet it is too theoretical & not put in precise & interesting manner. The module needs to be shorter.

By Celeste C

Oct 12, 2017

Inspiring, very clearly explained with excellent activities. Content, theory, material and specially the instructor have created a very useful and exciting learning experience. Thank you!

By Anatoly G

Sep 07, 2018

Assignment too cumbersome. (Interview 10-20 people and then write an essay... Seriously?)

By Paul K

Feb 13, 2019

At a certain point in the course the work goes from a few ours a week to over 10 hours a week.

The course does not ever state that the workload increases 5 fold from one week to the next.

Please modify the course to clearly state that this is the case. OR make the additional work optional!

By Andrei T O

Jan 08, 2017

This course requires that you already are a manager or are in a position very similar to a manager. More importantly, this course is filled with "neuro-babble". The fact that the hoax (by now debunked) of the "positivity ratio" and the "attractors of happiness" are still in the course and presented as fact is a big red flag. Not recommended.

By marta b a

Mar 01, 2019

It was great experience. If you take all personal assignments seriously and reflect on them, it is very valuable course.

By Alexandra E

Feb 21, 2019

Great course, but quite time-consuming and challenging

By SHUMAILA F

Jun 28, 2018

By NIKI F

Mar 25, 2019

I loved the course, kept me engaged but most importantly inspired me or the future. I went through very interesting theories such as: coaching with compassion, intentional change theory, emotional intelligence. I loved the assignments, especially the one with the coaching sessions, which made me feel and experience the concepts related to it. I highly recommend this course for any career level, hierarchy level or field. I think it will help anyone do better, feel better and live better in both personal and professional life. Thank you Dr.Boyatzis!

By Brian A

Dec 07, 2018

Amazing and insightful. Great presentation and unique information. Very helpful.

By Vikas S

Jan 28, 2019

The course was very effective and the content was well organized. The best part was the presentations from Professor Richard Boyatzis. It was a joy listening to them.

By karine g

Feb 01, 2019

Thanks a lot to Pr Boyatzis for this excellent course!

By Suzanne C

Nov 21, 2018

very comprehensive.

By Dr. M Z

Nov 26, 2018

An excellent course - I have been dreaming to learn from Dr. Boyatzis and at last learnt the best.

Best course with best professor.

Regards

Dr. Zia

NDU

By Maithilee V S

Feb 12, 2019

It was an amazing course with in depth discussion on PEA, NEA and real self and ideal self.

By URMI G

Feb 16, 2019

Intensive and insightful programme. learned a lot.

By Prachi A

Feb 15, 2019

The course was very good

By Kiran U

Mar 10, 2019

A great one that brought an entirely different vie in my career and personal life.

By Roberto R

Dec 01, 2018

Very good course. Some efficient tools are provided here to see life, relationship, career, personal vision from a different angle. It helps.

By Anthony L

Nov 17, 2018

Well communicated and very valuable to my work as a coach

By Rita B

Nov 17, 2018

Amazing journey of self discovery and practical applications for effective and inspirational leadership.

Well done!

By melissa

Mar 21, 2019

Dr. Boyatzis is engaging, interesting and funny. I thoroughly enjoyed this course and got so much more out of the content than I expected - both personally, and professionally.

By Yesenia M L

Mar 22, 2019

Best course!

By Ken D

Mar 22, 2019

Professor Richard Boyatzis is absolutely amazing. He will make you learning by doing not a passive kind of learning. I love him because I might have not changed much but there is a significant change in me through this course.