Back to Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence by Case Western Reserve University

Emotional intelligence, hope, mindfulness, and compassion help a person reverse the damage of chronic stress and build great leadership relationships. The Positive and Negative Emotional Attractors inspire sustained, desired change and learning at many levels....

GT

Sep 05, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. it helped me to refresh some of the concepts I had learned early in m career as well as see actual case study work as it applies to the corporate environment that im in.

AH

Apr 28, 2020

I am so glad to bump into this course during COVID-19. To get my PEA and help the others with their PEA are great! I highly recommend this all of those who just stepped into their leadership roles.

26 - 50 of 379 Reviews for Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence

By Oliver F

Nov 18, 2019

This course was an evidence supported exploration of the different components of supporting change at an individual or organisational level and considered the contributions that emotional intelligence, cognitive intelligence and social intelligence play in this. Aspects of coaching related to coaching with compassion and invoking a state that promotes learning through activating the parasympathetic nervous system by engaging PEA were really useful techniques for improving my man management.

By Deepti S

Jul 26, 2019

Thank you very much Professor. Richard Boyatzis and Case Western Reserve University for putting together such a wonderful course. It had all the necessary information, insights, latest research papers, and effective coaching on the subject. I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of all the sessions, activities and discussions. You have instigated a great sense of understanding and motivated me to learn and practice more about Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence.

By asha p

Mar 20, 2017

I found this course intensely thought-provoking. I wish to revisit it again just to reflect over the conversations that were part of the active learning assessments. It helped me rethink the methods that I used as part of coaching conversations with my clients and mentees. The course has inspired me to strongly reconsider my social identity group and evaluate the relationship with my inner circle of partners and friends.

By Dmytro K

Jul 28, 2020

I have really enjoyed this course, and do believe that Emotional Intelligence is underestimated. Also I think that Prof. Boyatzis has underestimated his effect by saying that 'he is not changing lives', I do believe that information, practices, methods, etc. I learned from this course definitely helped me to improve and spark interest in investing more time on learning emotional intelligence and related topics.

By HANEENA P M

Interesting and useful course.it is very effective in all part of our life and Every person should focus this theory. it is help us in every field.This course is more attaching with our daily life and every day we are facing some situations..All stories,incidens,examples are very close to our environment. Pro.Richard Boyatzis Presentation and his language Very simple and clear for all community.I salute him.

By Merrill C

Oct 22, 2016

Really great; I learned a ton! I especially appreciated the neuroscience data that backs up the overall philosophy/theories. Prof. Boyatzis is really really great. His lectures are very engaging and never too long. I was able to fit this course into my busy schedule, and I took away a lot of relevant knowledge as well as new skills, both of which I used in my work immediately and still 6 months later.

By Ruth P

Dec 15, 2016

I thought the recorded lectures, the reading and the assignments were well designed and really helped me to get a lot out of the course. The tone and pace of the lectures was great and even though they are recorded, it felt almost as though Richard Boyatzis was lecturing live. The frequent reflections and assignments really helped to build a good foundation of understanding of inspiring leadership.

By Paula H

Apr 04, 2016

This course is very complete, the readings are understandable and also the classes. It does require some more time comparing to other courses, but it's definitely worth it. I've learned so much i can't even believe it.

The only thing i'd maybe change is in one of the modules (week 5) it's kind of confusing how to submit the results of a review of some essays. that's it.

By David O O

May 07, 2020

An excellent beginner course in merging Emotions with leadership & teaching one how to be effective and develop one's self. Although some of the lecture readings were quite long it was worth it and i suggest to anyone taking this course to read a book on emotional intelligence while taking or after this course it will help broaden your understanding & knowledge.

By Dr T R

May 04, 2020

Wow, I successfully completed the course and achieved my expectation. The course is very interesting and I have some of knowledge in this area. I am very thankful to our Professor Richard Boyatzis who imparted knowledge in depth and inspired me while entering into pressure. I think that this course is more helpful to me. I am very thankful to our professor .

By Diana N

Sep 27, 2020

This course was jammed packed with great information, research and practical exercises to enhance and build your skills. The course allows you to gain personal insight on emotional intelligence as well as how to be a better leader. The other main component is gaining the skill to build others to be great leaders, to build your team and organization.

By Yakoob K N

Takes you in depth into several areas of emotional intelligence which will give you the ability to reflect on your self to drive you move towards your desired change not only in terms of career but also personal life. the program defines very well what someone in the society will look forward from you and how you can act accordingly to win their heart

By Nooruddin B M

Dec 25, 2017

This course was an eye opener for me, as it helped me explore and understand my own self and leadership style. By using different theoretical perspectives and practical examples, this course helped me gain a better understanding of emotional intelligence and its effectiveness. A highly recommended course for managers and mid career professionals.

By Robert R

Oct 05, 2019

It was a great experience. I loved the readings and all the action learning assignments. I would have liked to engage more with the discussions by replying to others. I did some of that but not enough. Overall, it was an amazingly positive experience that helped me learn more about myself as a person, leader, and coach. Thanks!

By Nino G

May 13, 2020

I started this course long ago but due to my work I was not able to finish on time. First time when I started listening I was bit lost as it seemed not relevant to me and bit difficult. However after several listening I liked it very much. Honestly one of the best online trainings I have undertaken. I am going to listen to it again

By Aikland O J R

Jul 26, 2020

Really enjoyed the course. Focuses alot on practical exercises that can be implemented in reality. All the content taught is backed by scientific research, which gives the courses the credibility. Strongly recommends this course to anyone who wishes to learn not just the EI theories, but how to go about implementing and grow it.

By Prabhuling B U

This is course is very much useful and has given lot of insight about leadership and emotional intelligence. The case studies and presentation skills were extremly good and were very impressive. This course presented true leadership qulaities and how effectively one can make use of to be successful in his career.

By Michael N

Jun 29, 2017

This is more than just a course, it opens up a new way of thinking about business. This is not hyperbole, I have finished 15 business courses prior to this one and this one brings the most impactful subject matter to the table. The reading is a bit frustrating because it is academic papers and not articles.

By Nagihan k

Jun 28, 2019

It has been an excellent learning experience. I recommend the course everyone who would like to learn about relationships and how he/she can help himself/herself and others. I enjoyed learning at my own pace and enjoy the listening to the lectures and completing the fun assignments. Thank you!

By SHEMLA.K.T

Jul 31, 2020

It is a wonderful course. From the beginning itself I enjoyed it well. It's discussions and the assignment was really enjoyable and also motivational. Got a lot of new ideas. Again I am wondering about the knowledge of the instructor RICHARD BOYATZIS. Thanks a lot for the wonderful experience!

By Imran A

Aug 20, 2019

The course has made me more clear about what I should do next. I has showed me how one can inspire people around you as well as coach and mentor other for Success. It has again brought to the fore my belief that 'Success cannot be achieved in Isolation".

Richard Boyatzis

By Susan D

Feb 20, 2018

Really enjoyed this course; was beneficial learning about Intentional Change Theory and understanding the neuroscience behind it. Lots of practical application for both myself and the team I lead; looking forward to putting these concepts into practical use. Thanks very muc

By Penny C

Oct 06, 2016

Amazing content, well presented, and very applicable to anyone who leads people. So much of what was covered resonated at a deep level for me. I return to this course again and again for inspiration, and I share and recommend it with many other friends and colleagues.

By Veronica M

Jun 24, 2020

I loved listening to Richard Boyatzis and doing the action learning. I work in Leadership Development and I was able to reflect and incorporate new things into my approach. Also, to reflect about my self and my relationship with others and work in my personal vision.

By Fatin I

Sep 12, 2020

Thank you for the inspiring course. I have learnt more about myself in these past few weeks than the last 10 years trying to figure out myself. I really love the lecturer, Richard Boyatzis and it made me want to sit in his lecture and be part of his university course.