Back to Managing Employee Performance

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing Employee Performance by University of Minnesota

Once you have hired good employees, the next step that successful people managers take is to develop the full potential of their employees. Performance management is a process that helps managers achieve the goal of getting the best from their employees. In this third course in the Human Resources for People Managers specialization, we will discuss the skills and key processes you will need to develop your employees to attain department and organizational goals. These skills will include setting clear expectations, providing positive and corrective feedback, and delivering an effective performance appraisal....

MH

Oct 10, 2021

this course is amazing, give me a lot of knowledge i haven't know before. give me a lot of benefit. so insightful. thank you so much university of minnesota, the lecture, and especially for Coursera.

JD

Mar 19, 2021

This course war quite fulfilling. I learned so much helpful information that will not only help with refining my own skills but helping with the overall advancement or practices at my organization.

51 - 75 of 527 Reviews for Managing Employee Performance

By woody l

Feb 6, 2019

Excellent course! Actually all the courses for the HR Management Specialization are great. I've learned more with the 3 courses I have taken so far than what I did in 4 yrs of college. Kudos to the University of Minnesota and The Carlson school for having very competent professors/lecturers.

By Jason L

Jan 25, 2022

I learned a lot of good ideas from this class. I am about to start a new job in HR where I will be directly supervising. I have been a little uneasy about the supervision part, and this class gave me a lot of good, practical tips. It was coherent and logical, easy to follow.

By TOCK L L

Jun 13, 2017

This is a course that I really know the importance of Managing Employee Performance. Performance Management and performance appraisal is two separate issues whereby, in performance management, how do we manage the PM from educating all across the board to the rank and file.

By KANNIAH J

Sep 6, 2019

My sincere thanks and appreciation to the lecturer, Mr.Larry Bourgerie for his easy to follow lectures. The language simplicity helped me to understand this topic without any difficulty. You are a great teacher sir. Once again thanks a lot to you and the Coursera team.

By Bala K M

Jan 24, 2021

It is Good professional information was given by the Professional with Example and online Quiz which made us to realise without involvement you can't do the Course successfully.Thank for extending the Time Slot which make us comfortable whem Time becomes a constrain.

By Rahul D

Jun 7, 2020

Thanks to Coursera and UoM for the excellent knowledge sharing. The course has a rich material on managing employee performance, with inputs on feedback, reward and culture. Te assignment, discussion and test are very helpful to understand the subject in a better way.

By Rohit S

May 9, 2020

It is a good platform for online learning. I am very happy and satisfied with Coursera programs and thank you for giving me this opportunity. Through this course i am able to enhance my skills of performance management. Thank You Coursera and his partners.

By Suulola W V

Oct 3, 2017

THIS IS SO BENEFICIAL TO MY CAREER, PLEASE KEEP THE GOOD WORK GOING. I NEED THE SOFT COPY OF MY CERTIFICATE, KINDLY ASSIST IN GETTING IT VIA MAIL. ONCE THIS COURSE REMAINS AN ADDED ADVANTAGE TO MY HR PROFESSION. I AM HIGHLY GRATEFUL FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY.

By Mohammed E

Jan 9, 2017

This is a great course for anyone who wants to manage employees performance, starting from knowing what is performance and how to assess it to the idea of improving the performance and create the culture that supports great performance on the long run.

By Pamela O

Sep 26, 2020

It is a fantastic course. I learnt a lot from the lectures which were very clear and concise. The videos were great & the instructor, Larry Bourgerie really simplified it in such a manner that anyone could understand it. Keep up the good work, Sir!

By Anthippi D

Sep 15, 2020

The Lecturer was really great. The content of the course was great as well. I don't like the peer review assignment procedure, though it is a good way to make people interact. I would like to see a recommended bibliography list for further reading.

By Yuly A R R

Aug 20, 2018

I recommend 100% this course, take it you wont regret it but learn a lot! Professor Larry makes everything so easy to understand and plus the fun way! Thank you, I cant be more prouder of myself even though English is not my first language.

By Aneeq S

Apr 19, 2018

This course was helpful and made me understand the importance of employee development once recruitment and on boarding is done.

I've started implementing the rules explained in this program on my employee and the feedback so far is positive.

By Shriraam A C

Oct 20, 2016

A great course for budding managers and students. Gave me a proper understanding of the subject with real corporate examples,quizzes, articles, links and videos. Overall it is a great course to do. Really enjoyed the videos and assignments.

By Anita O

May 12, 2021

I learn lot of from coursera. I love this university. I am want to do as many as courses I can do and learn more and develop my skills into the field that I am looking my future to build. Thank you coursera for making be part of the course

By Myroslava T

Mar 20, 2019

The lector covers performance management in details and provides a lot of practical cases. Couse is not limited to performance management but also describes corporate culture and importance to have a civil culture for better performance.

By Prathamesh W

Apr 16, 2020

everyone must do this course as it is very useful in the real world. It helps us to understand various strategies and tactics about how to manage the performance of employees from the point of view of mangers as well as organization.

By Chris v

Aug 13, 2020

I love where I work, but it doesn't provide the best professional development for employees looking to move up into supervisor or managerial roles. This course was perfect at filling some of those gaps in my education. Thank you.

By saba j

Aug 20, 2020

I found the course very useful. The way the professor delivered the lecture with examples was impeccable. I liked the content of the course and how at every step evaluation is getting done. All in all I found the course great.

By Hinnah A

Apr 2, 2021

Super helpful course to take, especially if you are in a role where coaching and employee engagement is super important. I took the course while we were in the middle of conducting employee interviews and it helped a bunch!

By Sakshi B

Mar 10, 2020

The Course will provide an indepth knowledge about the Employee Performance Review . It will also help the individuals to understand the difference between the best practices related to review system and feedback session.

By Angelo F

Apr 18, 2022

I thoroughly enjoyed the lessons and the examples given. I feel like I've substantially benefitted from the lecturer's knowledge, and have gained much information which I can use in both personal and professional life.

By Lam Y F

Feb 18, 2021

Excellent courses which enhance my knowledge in managing employee performance. It would be great and more fruitful should the assignments given are duly checked and endorsed by the trainer in stead of other students.

By Mahmoud S

Mar 21, 2022

I​t was one of the best courses I have ever attended. The material, presentation and videos were clear, head to the point and facilitating the content. The trainer has done an outstanding job presenting this course.

By Anuj S

The course starts slow but from week2 it becomes extremely useful. I had great time learning the strategies taught in the course. Highly recommended to all managing small to large group of employees. Happy learning!