Back to Equivalent Circuit Cell Model Simulation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Equivalent Circuit Cell Model Simulation by University of Colorado Boulder

This course can also be taken for academic credit as ECEA 5731, part of CU Boulder’s Master of Science in Electrical Engineering degree. In this course, you will learn the purpose of each component in an equivalent-circuit model of a lithium-ion battery cell, how to determine their parameter values from lab-test data, and how to use them to simulate cell behaviors under different load profiles. By the end of the course, you will be able to: - State the purpose for each component in an equivalent-circuit model - Compute approximate parameter values for a circuit model using data from a simple lab test - Determine coulombic efficiency of a cell from lab-test data - Use provided Octave/MATLAB script to compute open-circuit-voltage relationship for a cell from lab-test data - Use provided Octave/MATLAB script to compute optimized values for dynamic parameters in model - Simulate an electric vehicle to yield estimates of range and to specify drivetrain components - Simulate battery packs to understand and predict behaviors when there is cell-to-cell variation in parameter values...

CZ
Jun 2, 2020

Excelent course for learning battery modeling and simulation. The concepts on modeling and simulation can be applied to any application besides electrochemical batteries.

VK
Apr 12, 2020

Superb course, well explained. The instructor made difficult concept look so easy. Honors content has some good insights into design of electric vehicles battery pack.

26 - 48 of 48 Reviews for Equivalent Circuit Cell Model Simulation

By Arkoprova M

Jul 13, 2020

Very good course, the codes enhanced the experience even better

By Ertuğrul K

Aug 16, 2020

It was a great course, I recommend it to everybody!

By Sophie T

Dec 8, 2019

Not easy but possible. An excellent course!

By Binsy J

Jul 2, 2020

Course content is excellent .

By Bhosale K S

Nov 11, 2020

Great

By VIJAY J G

Aug 23, 2020

good

By Nikhil B

Dr. Plett is a great professor! His examples were very insightful and easy to understand. I really enjoyed this course. The only thing that I wish had gone better was the student-mentor interaction. Everything was going well until the last week with the capstone assignment. I really enjoyed learning about the simulation and spent a lot of time trying to submit my assignment. Although my answers were correct, there is an issue with the grader and the submission process that made me waste a lot of time. If this could be fixed, it would be a much better experience.

By Cagatay C

Jul 5, 2020

It could have been a lot better if the full octave codes were provided. Notebooks do not give efficient control of workspace. I downloaded the toolboxes from Dr. Plett's UC website but they are different than the content in notebooks which are tailored for the course. There is a gap between the two. I hope it will be clarified in the future.

By Ganeshprasad

Jun 24, 2020

Most part of the course was very knowledgeable and interesting. Only there were few issues in updating the Capstone assignment to the latest version which was solved after multiple interactions with coursera support team

By Gaurang D J

Great course content to get started in battery models, its charging and other simulations.

Continuous slide show system of teaching gets uninteresting over time, so that should be worked upon.

By Vikas S

Professor designed and explained the course very well. it helped me a lot to understand the concept of Battery algorithms.

By YE Z

Course is good, but Coursera website is really really really bad.

By Yashasvi B

Aug 31, 2020

Some portions of this course were great. I appreciated the fact that code was available for us to use on our own, and it was explained well. I appreciated the use of examples in lectures. However, finding where the code was proved very difficult, and only after sifting through many discussion posts did I end up finding it. Moreover, the final capstone assignment is graded automatically, and even though my code ran well, the autograder would give me zeros. Figuring out technical challenges took up half the time I took to actually find the solution.

Despite my complaints, I learned a lot, and would recommend it to anyone looking into this field

By Aditya S S

Apr 13, 2020

Must recommend. But the last three programming assignments should need a mentor. Because even output is a perfect grader showing its wrong and run time error. Seriously need to work over this.

By Goktan K

Jan 18, 2020

the grader output was not guiding properly. I spent a lot of time trying to finish part 1 of the capstone project

By Raimund K

Jul 11, 2020

Walk troughs Octave/Matlab code are unnecessary imho