Back to Excel Fundamentals for Data Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Fundamentals for Data Analysis by Macquarie University

As data becomes the modern currency, so the ability to analyse the data quickly and accurately has become of paramount importance. Excel with its extraordinarily broad range of features and capabilities is one of the most widely used programs for doing this. In the first course of our Excel Skills for Data Analysis and Visualization Specialization, you will learn the fundamentals of Excel for data analysis. When you have completed the course, you will be able to use a range of Excel tools and functions to clean and prepare data for analysis; automate data analysis with the help of Named Ranges and Tables; and use logical and lookup functions to transform, link and categorise data. This course will enable you to build a strong foundation in the fundamentals, helping you to be more efficient in your day-to-day and developing the necessary skills to work with the more advanced techniques used in later courses. To make the content easy to relate to and to personalize the learning experience, we are going to follow Zara's journey through the course. Who is Zara? Well, she is no-one and everyone. You will find that Zara's trials and tribulations sound familiar, and together with Zara, you will develop your Excel skills along the way — and, importantly, have some fun doing it. The Excel Skills for Data Analytics and Visualization courses are the sequel to one of most successful specializations on Coursera, Excel Skills for Business, which has attracted hundreds of thousands of learners and top ratings. Transform your skills, your confidence, and your opportunities by adding this new set of skills to your repertoire....

FV
Jul 17, 2020

Well done. A small thing, though: in the quizzes, the grading could be made more fault-tolerant. Example: an answer such as AND(y,x) instead of AND(x,y) is deemed wrong, which borders on the nasty.

AV
Jul 10, 2020

Super fun and and intellectual course. Real need of hour to excel in Excel :) . This course helped a lot, in improving skills in excel analytics.\n\nspecial thanks to both the instructors !!!!!!!

1 - 25 of 165 Reviews for Excel Fundamentals for Data Analysis

By Jaime R

Jun 21, 2020

There were some errors (typos and duplication) in the quizes and assessments, which are not only distracting but also confusing to interpret what is being looked for in an answer. I see many comments in the discussion forums from students addressing these but no answers from admin or moderators that they are looking to correct the issues or addressing questions where there is an error on the student's part. The study material and content are very good, but whomever is creating and QAing the final release of the quizes and assessments doesn't appear to be in lock step with the content for the respective sections.

By Ulvi K

Aug 16, 2020

This course very useful but their weekly assessment is not updated. Questions and assessment excel workbooks are different. Also, week 5 assessment workbook has not been uploaded. Despite of people's complaint they do not answer people and Coursera also can not help you. Please consider this comment, prior to buy this course. Stay safe :)

By Humaira M

Jul 13, 2020

Some values didnt match p in the final worksheet

By Vaishnavi S

Aug 21, 2020

This course Excel Fundamentals for Data Analysis has shed light onto various features of excel that were foreign to me prior to the course. Even the complex of all functions were elucidated in a lucid manner making it easy to comprehend. Extremely engaging and informative learning. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole process.

By hope m

Nov 9, 2020

This is an informative course, but I suppose because it is made months ago, or whenever it was, there is no one to ask if you're stuck at something, or nobody is there to correct a misunderstanding, or just a wrong execution of formulas. I don't know how to articulate how the teacher and the student are far removed from each other in this platform. If I use this course certificate to apply, and my questions have gone unanswered, then I'd be bringing something wrong in my head from this course to work, which in my opinion defeats the purpose of learning something. Otherwise, this was great. I just have to find some way to correct or un-learn what I learned or didnt learn or didnt understand. Also, the workbooks have links that needs to be updated. Im using a macbook, and just recently subscribed to Microsoft 365 thinking I can execute the functions/formulas mentioned in the videos. It helped, but not much. My big bone with this is the lack of responses from the Professors. The students who take the course help one another, but some also just have the same issues, which have gone unanswered, or still unclear. Im glad though for the forum. I emailed Coursera for help. I see the same issues 3-5 months ago, still unanswered, and sometimes it gets discouraging, the lack of feedback. What is learning if you are just guessing the answer just to pass? I've gotten good grades, just because I've enough time to keep going back, but what about those who don't? Grades are the only feedback that comes back right away:-(, which shouldnt be. Sad.

By May T Z

Sep 18, 2020

This course is the best choice if you are going to jump into the field like data analyst or business analyst. Highly recommended! But don't forget to make sure you have basic knowledge in Excel as this course is intended for the learners with intermediate level in Excel.

By Lauren S

Jul 10, 2020

Great course--but there are a few issues with sheets already having the information filled out when the student is meant to do so and at least for the final assessment, none of the answer choices matches the spreadsheet's average retail price.

By Rachid Z

Aug 22, 2020

Excellent course. Excellent instructors. The only downside was the excel sheet for the fifth-week exam wasn't available which was a bit frustrating. But, the whole journey was fun and instructive. Many thanks to Coursera.

By Fred V

Jul 18, 2020

By Apoorv V

Jul 11, 2020

special thanks to both the instructors !!!!!!!

By Heleen B

Jun 30, 2020

I very much enjoyed participating in this course! For me, as a newby to Excel, it was a great way to learn a whole lot about the different functionalities of this popular spreadsheet software. Also, because of the many exercises available, I could immediately bring the formulae and other learnt operations into practice straight away. Thank you for offering this, and keep up with the good work!

By Francis J Z G

Jul 22, 2020

The assessments are quite random at times, with the questions outright stating the formulas to be used without giving much of a challenge for us. The last question in the course assessment was also worded incorrectly, the answer 41 is the retail average of those WITH the bonus, not without.

By W.M.M.Sewwandi

Jan 1, 2021

Tbh I didn't even know that I didn't know how to use excel properly before I started this course, it was very exciting to follow a course where the study materials are perfect and also the quizzes after every single lesson were really helpful, cause sometimes after having a lesson we falsely believe we know everything now but those quizzes really show you "well you need more practising, stop overestimating" the entire course was very fun and very informative, so thank you very much for the month of knowledge, I enjoyed being Zara quite a lot. I still believe I need more practising, and so I'm going to redo all the downloaded materials, to make sure. Thank you very much.

By John N D

Nov 14, 2020

I have really learned a lot in this course. I have been using Excel since college and also from my work, but I was surprised as to what I didn't know in Excel. That is why this course is very perfect for users who are only self-taught like me. The instructors are also very articulate in explaining the topics. I love their conversations with each other in the Introduction videos, which makes you really want to learn more.

By Nur S M H

Nov 4, 2020

This course is very useful! I wish to learn this earlier during my university days but nevertheless, it's better than never! For those who are interested, you will learn a lot of skills that are very useful in data analysis and data management. The course is easy to learn with the video example and some practices that you can apply on. I really encourage all to enroll in this course.

By Giulianna M

Oct 20, 2020

The teachers are such class acts! I easily followed every lectured and the language used was perfect for anyone. The follow-throughs are easy and the material provided is really helpful. The challenges are my favorite since I can review everything from that week's lecture. Really great to start managing data in Excel. Looking forward to the next course with these teachers.

By Abdul H R

Aug 6, 2020

Although I was a beginner but the lecture materials and the vedios both were easy to understand . And most importantly,though it was a non-credit online course,it help me to gain the basic knowledge of data analysis,and I do believe that it will pave the way for me to grow experties and professionalism.Thanks to all.

By Tanner D

Jan 13, 2021

Brilliant course. Only thing that could have made it better was some sort of back and forth with the instructors when I had questions, but hey I signed up for an online course and it was executed beautifully. Highly recommend this course for anyone working with data in Excel!

By 8 5

Jan 11, 2021

I'll highly recommend this Excel course, if you want to learn and understand how excel works, how you can benefit using Tables, formulas and so on. Also practice gained knowledge, because - Practice makes permanent! I am grateful for the creators of this course.

By Florrie

Jan 4, 2021

The only thing is the course supplier should fix all the errors/typo in the exercise and assessments. People already raised in the forum but the supplier didn't take any action, that's pretty irresponsible and presenting a negative image.

By Javed A

Dec 28, 2020

This is SImply the best course with amazing content to practice with. I am so delighted to finish this course. Hat's off to the instructors for producing such an entertaining course which kept me busy all the time in doing practicals.

By ELSA G S P

Jul 23, 2020

Muy completo el curso. Solamente que en los cuestionarios sugeriría que dieran una mejor retroalimentación en caso de estar mal y redactar un poco mejor las preguntas para saber qué es lo que se pide exactamente.

By Md. A K

Jul 25, 2020

This course was very informative and structured so that the students can understand and grasp it easily.

I have learned a lot of new tricks and hope to use them when ever i can.

Thank you coursera for this course.

By Richard A

Sep 8, 2020

Very well thought out course. Pace is good, examples are spot on, and instruction is great for someone just starting out in data analysis and needing a strong background in the fundamentals.

By Flora ;

Nov 5, 2020

Really engaging with short videos, under 10 minutes, and separated by quizzes which keep your attention. The editing and quality of the videos were really great and kept engagement high.