Back to Excel Fundamentals for Data Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Fundamentals for Data Analysis by Macquarie University

As data becomes the modern currency, so the ability to analyse the data quickly and accurately has become of paramount importance. Excel with its extraordinarily broad range of features and capabilities is one of the most widely used programs for doing this. In the first course of our Excel Skills for Data Analysis and Visualization Specialization, you will learn the fundamentals of Excel for data analysis. When you have completed the course, you will be able to use a range of Excel tools and functions to clean and prepare data for analysis; automate data analysis with the help of Named Ranges and Tables; and use logical and lookup functions to transform, link and categorise data. This course will enable you to build a strong foundation in the fundamentals, helping you to be more efficient in your day-to-day and developing the necessary skills to work with the more advanced techniques used in later courses. To make the content easy to relate to and to personalize the learning experience, we are going to follow Zara's journey through the course. Who is Zara? Well, she is no-one and everyone. You will find that Zara's trials and tribulations sound familiar, and together with Zara, you will develop your Excel skills along the way — and, importantly, have some fun doing it. The Excel Skills for Data Analytics and Visualization courses are the sequel to one of most successful specializations on Coursera, Excel Skills for Business, which has attracted hundreds of thousands of learners and top ratings. Transform your skills, your confidence, and your opportunities by adding this new set of skills to your repertoire....

FV
Jul 17, 2020

Well done. A small thing, though: in the quizzes, the grading could be made more fault-tolerant. Example: an answer such as AND(y,x) instead of AND(x,y) is deemed wrong, which borders on the nasty.

AV
Jul 10, 2020

Super fun and and intellectual course. Real need of hour to excel in Excel :) . This course helped a lot, in improving skills in excel analytics.\n\nspecial thanks to both the instructors !!!!!!!

101 - 125 of 427 Reviews for Excel Fundamentals for Data Analysis

By Robert S

Aug 23, 2021

This course covers a lot of material logically, exhaustively and progressively. Great intro course for what is to come in the next level.

By Shaji K

Jun 30, 2020

Detailed course for upgrading skills for large volume of data in a structured and precise manner for analysis and subsequent action plans

By yasir a

Sep 24, 2021

I've learned all new and effective things from this course. Everything has been explained in an easy way what was quite helpful for me.

By CHLOE G

Aug 20, 2021

I loved this course! Even though it says it's a 5 week course it is very manageable and informative enough to be done faster if needed.

By Yaping W

Apr 3, 2021

Everything is very straight forward and easy to follow. This is the fundamentals which we will use daily to do the simple daily work.

By Xiuhong Z

Sep 25, 2020

Really amazing course. I really love two professors. And I really think this course is useful and easy to follow. Highly recommended!

By César C

Aug 13, 2021

Excelente curso, ya había llevado Excel y este es igual de bueno, y sus ejemplos excelentes para reforzar lo aprendido. Recomendado

By SACHIN R G

Jul 25, 2021

I think that I know excel very well but I was wrong there always more to learn. I learned very new things here. Recommended to all.

By YU H

Sep 1, 2021

Very useful course, I thought I know most of the Excel functions, but find out there is so much to learn! Thanks to the lecturers.

By Javier A B A

Apr 8, 2021

Great course, i learned a lot of thing that i never thougt that i may need. I have improve in my works interviews and daily tasks.

By Juan P N

Jul 16, 2021

It was a very complete, well-paced and well-explained course. I really enjoyed it and learned how to use many Excel functions.

By Chien N

Aug 27, 2021

V​ery clear explanation and zoomed-in typing guidance. Excercises with specific contexts and readily applicable to real life.

By Ron J

Apr 17, 2021

Thought I new quite a bit about MS Excel, but this course made me realise that I new nothing.

It was extremely well presented.

By Ho C

Jun 12, 2021

Thank you so much for your work. This is really helpful course for me. I definetely take another courses from both of you.

By Eduardo B

May 12, 2021

Excellent course. Well designed and presented. I can use the skills learned immediately in my new career as a Data Analyst.

By David W

Nov 15, 2020

Outstanding course in Excel functions for Data Analysis. I wish I would have taken this course a lot earlier in my career.

By Praveen K R

Nov 4, 2020

Well structured course content. Topics are introduced from building up from simple ideas. I am eager to go to next course.

By Tobias O

Mar 29, 2021

Great hands-on experience with practice exercises working with the data sheets that are provided. Great teachers as well!

By Héctor S

Mar 23, 2021

Buen curso para el aprender a manejar datos con Excel. Los educadores son bastante buenos, el curso es fácil de entender.

By IBIKUNLE D F

Sep 10, 2020

The course was interesting and a bit step up from some of the functionalities that I learnt in Excel skills for business.

By Priya C

Aug 3, 2021

i am so much in love with the professors , the efforts put is exemplary. would love to study under them is near futute.

By Vanessa C

Mar 17, 2021

Thank you Nicki and Parshan! All the function introduced are practical and helpful! Really enjoy the class!! Thank you!

By Mahmudul H T

Jul 31, 2021

I love this Course. There were so many terms and things that I didn't about excel. Can't wait for the next 2 courses!!

By Kevin A L R

Apr 7, 2021

The course helped me a lot in my classes as an economics student, i´m looking forward to extend even more my abilities

By Rana A

Apr 25, 2021

That was so smooth and well-done. I had aimed to refresh my memory but ended up learning a lot more too. Thank you <3