Back to Excel Fundamentals for Data Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Fundamentals for Data Analysis by Macquarie University

As data becomes the modern currency, so the ability to analyse the data quickly and accurately has become of paramount importance. Excel with its extraordinarily broad range of features and capabilities is one of the most widely used programs for doing this. In the first course of our Excel Skills for Data Analysis and Visualization Specialization, you will learn the fundamentals of Excel for data analysis. When you have completed the course, you will be able to use a range of Excel tools and functions to clean and prepare data for analysis; automate data analysis with the help of Named Ranges and Tables; and use logical and lookup functions to transform, link and categorise data. This course will enable you to build a strong foundation in the fundamentals, helping you to be more efficient in your day-to-day and developing the necessary skills to work with the more advanced techniques used in later courses. To make the content easy to relate to and to personalize the learning experience, we are going to follow Zara's journey through the course. Who is Zara? Well, she is no-one and everyone. You will find that Zara's trials and tribulations sound familiar, and together with Zara, you will develop your Excel skills along the way — and, importantly, have some fun doing it. The Excel Skills for Data Analytics and Visualization courses are the sequel to one of most successful specializations on Coursera, Excel Skills for Business, which has attracted hundreds of thousands of learners and top ratings. Transform your skills, your confidence, and your opportunities by adding this new set of skills to your repertoire....

FV
Jul 17, 2020

Well done. A small thing, though: in the quizzes, the grading could be made more fault-tolerant. Example: an answer such as AND(y,x) instead of AND(x,y) is deemed wrong, which borders on the nasty.

AV
Jul 10, 2020

Super fun and and intellectual course. Real need of hour to excel in Excel :) . This course helped a lot, in improving skills in excel analytics.\n\nspecial thanks to both the instructors !!!!!!!

76 - 100 of 425 Reviews for Excel Fundamentals for Data Analysis

By Andrea M

Mar 1, 2021

I like the amount of information loaded in each week, enough, not too little and not too much. Very nicely explained and practiced. Very satisfied with the program topics.

By Mahmudul H

Nov 23, 2020

An excellent journey with Nickey & Prashant and also excel as well. I have learnt a lot of functions, formulas regarding excel which will smooth my future works with data.

By Amy

Aug 2, 2020

The course is very well structured, organised and the practice quiz are excellent too to seal understanding of each lesson. Have recommended to many of my friends already.

By SOCHEAT V

Aug 30, 2020

This course is very useful for me as I am currently an HR analyst in Cambodia.

Thanks MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY and COURSERA for this Excel Fundamentals for Data Analysis.

By Christine S

Apr 11, 2021

Excellent course with well designed contents and practice problems. The end of week challenge problem is a amazing tool to consolidate what I just learned, love it!

By Bonnie P

Apr 9, 2021

The resources supplied are brilliant! The videos explain the functions as well as describing the situations in which they can be used. Highly recommend this course.

By LISA T

Aug 5, 2020

So Happy finishing this course, thank you for both the instructor. Hoping it will bring me more opportunity. I will trying hard to learn more about data analytics

By Joao L P

Aug 22, 2021

These instructoors do a very good Job! Taking this course will not only improve your skipps in Excell it will also bring back the joy of having good teachers.

By Néstor A

Aug 9, 2021

Excelente curso, muy completo y los instructores son geniales, no sólo te enseñan sino que lo hacen de manera muy didáctica, divertida y con profesionalismo.

By PRAVEEN R R 1

Aug 8, 2020

Really Such a super course for the beginners. Course faculties were really good at explaining. I liked the course very much. Such a interesting course it is.

By Hariom S

May 20, 2021

It was a great course and the instructors were really good. I look forward to completing other courses also in this specialization. Thanks for your efforts.

By Shady A

Jul 15, 2021

Very informative. Lets say better than any other excel course I took in college or online .

simply the best !

many quizzes makes you practice and remember.

By Hailey K

Apr 10, 2021

Thank you for this great content. Great learning experience, I have learnt a lot of good tips and have picked up good excel habits thanks to this course.

By Samantha S

Mar 11, 2021

Very useful course. I've learned quite a lot from this course. Would recommend it to those who would like to enhance their knowledge and skills in Excel.

By AYDIN U

Feb 3, 2021

pretty much repetaed from previous specialization but still it was fun and encouraging learn new stuff. i gained alot thanx to amazing Nicky and Prashan

By Bilal S

Aug 4, 2020

One of finest courses Coursera has offered. Bravo to the Macquarie team. I am so encouraged that I intend to take the rest of the courses in this series.

By Marty O

Apr 18, 2021

I really enjoyed this course and would recommend it to anyone.

I had no idea what you are able to do with Excel, I learned heaps - it was so worth doing.

By Ashish T

Feb 12, 2021

Excellent Course with lively set of data.

just a suggestion conversation with tutor and proper response is needed to improve the overall program value.

By Md W

Dec 2, 2020

Alhamdulillah, this course helps me a lot to revise the previous specialization. May Allah give you the best reward to the instructor(Jazakallah).

By MEENAL J

Jul 22, 2020

This course is excellent and I'm excited to learn more courses related to excel. I also want to learn Digital Marketing from Macquarie University.

By Edwin Y N O

Oct 1, 2020

Great content. I have learnt a number of functions that will definitely improve my data analysis skills. I found this very useful and insightful.

By XUAN, X

Jul 1, 2021

Very well structured contents and easy to understand presentations, the practice workbooks and toolbox are great materials for future reference.

By Martin N

Apr 18, 2021

The course is well organized and accurately presented, the instructors are well versed with the topics.

looking forward for the next course.

By Marius P

Mar 23, 2021

Great course with excellent notes, examples, quick reference guides, and of course the assessments to test one's knowledge as you go along.

By Richard K

Aug 4, 2021

T​he course was really tough for sure. Week 2 Eeeeh!!!! But I always ask how I can thank you? I only say "My God, bless Nicky and Prashan"