Back to Excel Fundamentals for Data Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Fundamentals for Data Analysis by Macquarie University

As data becomes the modern currency, so the ability to analyse the data quickly and accurately has become of paramount importance. Excel with its extraordinarily broad range of features and capabilities is one of the most widely used programs for doing this. In the first course of our Excel Skills for Data Analysis and Visualization Specialization, you will learn the fundamentals of Excel for data analysis. When you have completed the course, you will be able to use a range of Excel tools and functions to clean and prepare data for analysis; automate data analysis with the help of Named Ranges and Tables; and use logical and lookup functions to transform, link and categorise data. This course will enable you to build a strong foundation in the fundamentals, helping you to be more efficient in your day-to-day and developing the necessary skills to work with the more advanced techniques used in later courses. To make the content easy to relate to and to personalize the learning experience, we are going to follow Zara's journey through the course. Who is Zara? Well, she is no-one and everyone. You will find that Zara's trials and tribulations sound familiar, and together with Zara, you will develop your Excel skills along the way — and, importantly, have some fun doing it. The Excel Skills for Data Analytics and Visualization courses are the sequel to one of most successful specializations on Coursera, Excel Skills for Business, which has attracted hundreds of thousands of learners and top ratings. Transform your skills, your confidence, and your opportunities by adding this new set of skills to your repertoire....

FV
Jul 17, 2020

Well done. A small thing, though: in the quizzes, the grading could be made more fault-tolerant. Example: an answer such as AND(y,x) instead of AND(x,y) is deemed wrong, which borders on the nasty.

AV
Jul 10, 2020

Super fun and and intellectual course. Real need of hour to excel in Excel :) . This course helped a lot, in improving skills in excel analytics.\n\nspecial thanks to both the instructors !!!!!!!

26 - 50 of 423 Reviews for Excel Fundamentals for Data Analysis

By SAN V

Apr 11, 2021

I have been using Microsoft Excel for a long time. I do most of the things discussed in this course before taking this course. But, I didn't know whether I used the most efficient way. This course takes a defined and calculated approach in building the skill without losing interest or momentum. It is tailored for people from different skill levels. Great spirit from the faculty. Keep up the good work sir and ma'am.

By Giulianna M

Oct 20, 2020

The teachers are such class acts! I easily followed every lectured and the language used was perfect for anyone. The follow-throughs are easy and the material provided is really helpful. The challenges are my favorite since I can review everything from that week's lecture. Really great to start managing data in Excel. Looking forward to the next course with these teachers.

By Muhammad A M

Jul 4, 2021

The course was comprehensive and felt quite intimidating at the end. Although, final assessment was quite challenging but I really enjoyed my time pushing pass my limits and improving my excel skills. The instructor Niki and Parshan did a superb job and explained the excel concepts which otherwise would be difficult to learn. This course is highly recommended.

By Anne G

Jun 27, 2021

Muito interessante, é necessário realmente aprender a matéria para passar nos testes. Aprendi muito com as atividades e as tabelas e planilhas são reais, me ajudou e me inspirou a resolver diversos problemas no trabalho. Tenho certeza que ainda vou precisar voltar nas planilhas para relembrar algumas funções, mas com certeza o melhor curso de excel que já fiz!

By Marvin R d S

Mar 5, 2021

This is a great course not just for someone has no knowledge in MS Excel at all, but also for someone who already have a knowledge in MS Excel like me. It really helped me gain more knowledge and gave me confidence in using MS Excel. EXCEL FUNDAMENTALS FOR DATA ANALYSIS from MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY is really a good course. Thank you so much to the Professors!

By Arushi G

Apr 21, 2021

It was wonderful studying this course. I came to know about various new formulas and functions in Excel. The instructors and instructions were really nice, easy and handy. The quizzes and practice challenges make you more experienced. I plan to take more courses on Excel from Coursera. It is an amazing platform to learn from.

By Olga S

May 14, 2021

Excellent content, well structured course and highly applicable!

I did the course in two weeks. I needed it urgently to improve some spreadsheets that were taking me ages.

After structuring properly my spreadsheets with the tools I learnt, I have better, and more precise information in minutes not hours.

Highly recommended.

By Abdul H R

Aug 6, 2020

Although I was a beginner but the lecture materials and the vedios both were easy to understand . And most importantly,though it was a non-credit online course,it help me to gain the basic knowledge of data analysis,and I do believe that it will pave the way for me to grow experties and professionalism.Thanks to all.

By Michelle A T

Sep 26, 2021

I learnt a lot from the Course but it was very "hard" and time consuming. Maybe if I had the five weeks instead of the two weeks set by my Professor it would not have been this pressuring. But overall, I enjoyed the course and would recommend it to others. The challenge now is for me to keep practicing.

By Elijah G

Jul 22, 2021

I've done a few online certificates at this point. None have been this organized and robust. The hardest part about online classes is having what you are looking at match the videos made for you to watch. This course has kept all the materials aligned. I think there was only one lab with an error in it.

By Juwita

Aug 31, 2021

So far, this course is the one that I enjoy the most. Qualified material, the way the material is delivered is direct, clear and coherent, equipped with practice questions and exams that sharpen thinking skills. I highly recommend this course for people who want to learn Excel from basic level.

By Emmanuel O

Sep 2, 2021

The course is really challenging and interesting. I think it sometimes gets one thinking of many ways to solving a problem.

The instructors are great. Nicky and Prashan are professionals, giving a very excellent explanation to problems.

And as Nicky said, I will "practice, practice, practice".

By Scott M L

Mar 11, 2021

I am so thankful for this course. The instructors are great, the work projects are excellent and the quizzes are great. I have been doing an Excel project that I needed the information contained in this course. It makes me look good when I applied all that I learned.

Thanks

By Tanner D

Jan 13, 2021

Brilliant course. Only thing that could have made it better was some sort of back and forth with the instructors when I had questions, but hey I signed up for an online course and it was executed beautifully. Highly recommend this course for anyone working with data in Excel!

By Joanna S

Aug 6, 2021

It's a very good course, covers advanced topics, easy to learn. However I would definitely change the final assessment - I found the background topic (school finances) too complicated. It was hard for me to understand questions and assessment took me a few hours

By 8 5

Jan 11, 2021

I'll highly recommend this Excel course, if you want to learn and understand how excel works, how you can benefit using Tables, formulas and so on. Also practice gained knowledge, because - Practice makes permanent! I am grateful for the creators of this course.

By Zero H

Jan 31, 2021

This course really helped me understand the basics of programming and data analysis in excel. Both instructors explained the course material very well. The material was also very well organized. I am grateful this opportunity was given to me for free.

By Florrie

Jan 4, 2021

The only thing is the course supplier should fix all the errors/typo in the exercise and assessments. People already raised in the forum but the supplier didn't take any action, that's pretty irresponsible and presenting a negative image.

By Russell W S

Jul 11, 2021

The course was very detailed. The lecture went through every scenario that was presented on the quizzes and the final assessment. This course is a great example of how each of these courses should be delivered at least at minimum. Thanks!

By Fernanda B

Jun 15, 2021

A very intuitive and easy to understand course and teaching method. The video is segmented and organized in such a block per element and followed by Quiz practice to make learner can comprehend more and remember the work of each function.

By Kedar P P c

Jul 26, 2021

The structure of the course is really beautiful. The number of quizzes and sample problems really helps in the learning process and the final quiz revises everything that is taught in the course. Wonderful course. Thank you instructors.

By Trang V

Jan 31, 2021

It is very helpful indeed. All the videos are clear and easy to comprehend as there are lots of practical situations. With few hours per week, this course is able to give learners a thorough view and fundamental Excel skills. Thank you!

By Pamella A

Sep 15, 2021

The course is quite useful to learn and practice excel functions for managing data. I hada much beter unsderstanding of formulas I had already been introduced to. INsutrctions are quite clear and practices are sufficiently challenging.

By Javed A

Dec 28, 2020

This is SImply the best course with amazing content to practice with. I am so delighted to finish this course. Hat's off to the instructors for producing such an entertaining course which kept me busy all the time in doing practicals.

By Tyler J

Mar 29, 2021

This was a fun, yet challenging course. The information is presented very well. Week 5 information comes off as very easy as demonstrated by instructors. However, week 5 took multiple reviews to completely grasp the concepts.