Back to Ferrous Technology I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Ferrous Technology I by Pohang University of Science and Technology

Steel, ever-evolving material, has been the most preeminent of all materials since it can provide wide range of properties that can meet ever-changing requirements. In this course, we explore both fundamental and technical issues related to steels, including iron and steelmaking, microstructure and phase transformation, and their properties and applications....

M
Apr 6, 2020

If I say honestly this course was impressed me from all points of view. I am graduated with them who made this course through their hard and soul process. Again I wanna thanks to all professors.

RS
Sep 15, 2020

I think it is a great course, without hesitation, I will take the second part, the content is quite good, I would only prefer that the images with the casting animation were larger in general

1 - 25 of 136 Reviews for Ferrous Technology I

By Riya J

May 2, 2020

This was a very interesting and useful course. All the topics disscused were clear, simple and yet at the same time detailled. I would like to thank Coursera and Pohang University of Science and Technology for taking the initiative to make this course free during this pandemic. Thank You

By Sajid I

May 5, 2019

This is an absolute essential course for all those who are involved in the business of steel making at any stage of supply chain of iron and steel. The course helps you to grasp the rudiments of the science of iron and steel the materials enriching our lives for centuries.

By Tharun S D

Apr 16, 2020

There are very few online courses on this subject. This course is very useful for everyone who are inquisitive to know the steelmaking process and particularly for those who are working in steel industry. Thank you POSTECH and COURSERA.

By Chennam S R

Aug 19, 2018

The course is excellent for metallurgical engineers, the way of teaching is beautiful. thank you all.

we need some distance B.E the same type course, better for all metallurgical under graduate engineers who ever is doing job.

By Dr. K R

Apr 28, 2020

Really great and interesting Lectures. I have learned and enjoyed a lot. Very much thankful to "Coursera" for providing me the opportunity to participate in the Course Ferrous Technology I,

Thank you.

K. Ramanjaneyulu

By Antonio L

May 22, 2018

Nice course, well explained as it kept me interested. Now, I would like that you can do another course where you can go deeper and interactive, as using some problem solving exercises. Thanks for the course.

By Mohammad K h

Apr 7, 2020

By sara f

Dec 2, 2019

very nice and detailed course! the teachers explain every single detail and there is almost not room for doubts. I enjoyed it very much, first course on coursera completed! :)

By jalil u r

Nov 26, 2019

It was much better than I expected. I want to point out that their should be some method to move subtitle from its original position in order to seen content behind.

By Akash B

Nov 24, 2019

Very useful course to understand the extraction of Iron and steel. The processes involved and causes and effects. Thank you so much COURSERA for offering this subject.

By kowsic

Jun 28, 2020

easy understanding of content and neat presentation of lecture

By Daniel d O

Aug 15, 2020

Really knowledgeable instructors and very well presented. Slides and learning material is very accurate and informative. Definitely helped me understand more about each step of the Steel Production possible use of Calcium Carbide in the processes. As a sales representative of Calcium Carbide, I was looking for examples of CaC2 application and the explanation of Desulfurization, and Deoxidizing of Steel and Slag, for instance, make very clear all the benefits of CaC2 in the process and when to apply the product. In that way, my objective was achieved. Thank you very much for making this course available.

By Kayla M

Oct 17, 2020

I am a graduate of BS Metallurgical Engineering and just wanted to refresh and revisit one of the cores of metallurgy - which is iron and steelmaking. The course was handled very well, and was very systematic so people who are not from the field can easily catch up.

By SUBHRANIL S

Jun 6, 2020

This a wonderful course for those who want to learn about Steel and the production of steel. The instructors teach the subjects in a lucid manner and the diagrams used in this course are also really good. Thank you.

By RICARDO P S

Sep 15, 2020

By Etemire C E O

Jun 21, 2020

This course was well delivered, thanks to all the lectures who were able to make this happen. I have been able to learn a lot about Iron and Steel.

Now, I'll check out part 2.

By Paul D C

Oct 24, 2020

Wow!! This course really taught me many things, now I know why different metals have different prices and with this, I learned the metal that I need for my safety equipment.

By Antree K A

The course is very informative and useful.

However, the presentation needs improvement especially in the communication done in English language.

For the rest, it is fine.

By Safiullah S

Jul 16, 2020

I have finished my course and get a lot of knowledge about ferrous technology here in course i learned about steel making and their manufacturing process

By Prem b c

Sep 16, 2020

This course helps to provide the better understanding of material science and technology invloved behind the iron making to the steel production.

By Adrià M B

Mar 30, 2019

Very interesting course. It is a very good introduction to iron and steel technologies an production.

The course topics are very well structured.

By Rachid M

May 1, 2020

Very good and clear on how the steel production process works. The videos are not very long so you can take 2-4 hours to complete the course.

By Mohamad H

Nov 21, 2018

The course contains a vital information about making steel an iron.

But the accent of the teacher is a bit bad, anyway it's a great course

By Botikapremkumar

This course leads me to explore various technologies exists in manufacturing categories.thanking you for sharing your bright knowledge .

By Subham B

Really a great source to learn the steel making process. I have already visited Steel Plant and this helped me to revise my concepts.