Back to Finding Purpose and Meaning In Life: Living for What Matters Most

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Finding Purpose and Meaning In Life: Living for What Matters Most by University of Michigan

Welcome to Finding Purpose and Meaning in Life: Living for What Matters Most! In this course, you’ll learn how science, philosophy and practice all play a role in both finding your purpose and living a purposeful life. You will hear from historical figures and individuals about their journeys to finding and living a purposeful life, and will walk through different exercises to help you find out what matters most to you so you can live a purposeful life. As an added benefit, you will also have complimentary access, for a period of time, to the Purposeful App. This groundbreaking mobile and desktop app is designed to help you build a purposeful rhythm into each day, so you can bring your best self to what matters most. Look for more information in Week 1 of the course! By the end of this course, you will: 1. Understand that having a strong purpose in life is an essential element of human well-being. 2. Know how self-transcending purpose positively affects well-being. 3. Be able to create a purpose for your life (don't be intimidated, this is different from creating "the purpose" for your life). 4. Apply personal approaches and skills to self-change and become and stay connected to your purpose every day. We are thrilled that you are here! We look forward to hearing and learning from you throughout this course!...

D

I found this course beneficial in focusing my thinking about what is and should be important to me in life. Taking a self-critical approach to this issue has been difficult but revealing and freeing

BG

May 22, 2020

This is one of the best courses I have taken. It makes finding 'purpose' accessible in the things one does everyday and not only in the big achievements which may not be in the reach of everyone.

1 - 25 of 62 Reviews for Finding Purpose and Meaning In Life: Living for What Matters Most

By Suyam S C

Apr 25, 2020

This was a great course and I recommend that everyone on Coursera take this course ! This is a lively course with great content that helps you connect with your inner You , the true You . Come , discover purpose because purpose is the vista to discovering your life .

By Loreto R

Apr 24, 2020

I have love this course. It's been a life-changing experience. Science-based, well explained, it has been a wonderful experience.

By Oluwabukunmi A B

May 02, 2020

Please I need financial aid to get my certificate. I can’t submit my assignment without payment, and I can’t afford the money

By Ben L

Apr 28, 2020

A good course if you know nothing about the topic. Almost a complete waste if you've read any serious book about it.

By Sabrina I

May 09, 2020

The best course I've enrolled in on Coursera! I recommend to anyone who wants to know how to live a full, meaningful life and help their loved ones do the same.

By Jiapeng W

May 03, 2020

This course is great. In the first two weeks I was forced to think deeply about my own value and purpose. Then I realized the importance of purpose and how having these purpose can change one's life through scientific research. He also taught some practical methods for specifying "be" goals, "do" goals and "action goals", and how they work together. It brought me deep confusion about myself at first but made a wiser person.

By Teresa c

May 12, 2020

I very highly suggest this course if you seem lost or absent minded in what you really want o see in life. Why? Because it explains a lot of why we can choose our own direction and how to achieve our actual purpose!

By Olena D

Thank you so much for the opportunity to take this course! This is a core knowledge that needs to be thought in high school! I really appreciate the dedication of the professor! Great Job and Great Purpose!

By Aashiqe R

May 02, 2020

Beautiful, you learn why it's essential to take a moment for yourself, step back, and see the bigger picture! and that's precisely what this course helps you to do!

By Deon N

May 02, 2020

Well presented and thought provoking. Good examples to illustrate the various concepts. Research findings were also helpful to solidify the concepts. Well done.

By Kim S J

Apr 25, 2020

Excellent course. It certainly have guided me to find my own purpose and meaning in life. Dr Strecher is a great teacher.

By Belakhdar A

a very emotional cours

i like it so mush .thank you docteur

By Diana S

Excellent course!

By Rajesh N

May 03, 2020

This is a deep spiritual topic but its addressed in a cavalier fashion. There is just no depth. For eg, to find out what you value most, the Prof / instructor asks one to look at what one has on his / her smartphone ! Really ?! I discontinued very early into Week 1...Disappointing.

By Ajaya G

I learned a lot from the course. I was not allowed to submit the assignments because I was just auditing. The videos were excellent and Prof. Strecher explained the ideas and concepts very well. I hope I can embody the ideas from this course in my thoughts and actions and start living a purposeful life.

Two suggestions: 1) Assignments may have to be made a little more challenging, and 2) You may want to explore the possibility of supplementing online course completion with the opportunity to the participants to attend a short residential in-person session led by Prof. Strecher.

By Timo K

May 22, 2020

The course was very approachable and helped me to further refine my thinking, especially in the area of purposeful living. I especially enjoyed two things: 1) the course managed to stay technical (philosophically & scientifically) enough to be relevant and interesting, and 2) the course presented solid, well thought out methodology or model to be used as a template for establishing or maintaining purposeful living. It is my pleasure to recommend this course - I feel there's a point of view to be gained at least for beginners and intermediate purpose-thinkers. :)

By Kendra H

Probably one of the best online courses I have ever taken online! I really appreciated his style. I am a visual learner and I loved his visuals incorporated inside the PowerPoints. Also, I felt that in his lectures he spoke TO me and not AT me. He did a wonderful job with this course and it really made me think about my purpose in life overall. The facts in this course and presentation were excellent!

By Maya G

If you are looking where to head your life try to make things to have a bit of sense this is a course I highly recomend which is given by someone who you see his realness and willingness. I would really like to thank Prof. Vic Strecher for this greatly told and prepared course. It was told so beautifly that I finished the course in a week.

By Melisa

A great course to have a better understanding ourselves and life. It could be about your family, about your school, about your job, you will find something for you in this course. Every video was like a meditation. I really enjoyed all of the parts. Thanks for Prof. Vic Strecher, I am sure that he is a great man!

By Carolyn M

Great course! Time commitment worked out very well while working at home during COVID-19 restrictions. This course gave me a starting point and a structured plan in creating a purpose and actually living a life that engages actions needed to fulfill that purpose(s).

By Jose M d O N

May 16, 2020

Did the course during Covid-19 lock-down times! Fantastic Course and a great opportunity for an inner reflection. Things like what you expected people would write on your tombstone and also your life after retirement were very valuable for me!

By Jordan M

May 13, 2020

Professor Stretchor is no doubt the most inspirational teacher who is very easy to relate to, makes you question your goals and life ourpose in the best way. The course itself offered such amazing information that I had no idea I need.

By Julia C

Excellent course, no matter where someone is on their journey of finding purpose in one's life. Great examples shared, subject matter experts interviewed, and strong connection one can make with Vic.

By Dan P