Back to Finding Purpose and Meaning In Life: Living for What Matters Most

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Finding Purpose and Meaning In Life: Living for What Matters Most by University of Michigan

Welcome to Finding Purpose and Meaning in Life: Living for What Matters Most! In this course, you’ll learn how science, philosophy and practice all play a role in both finding your purpose and living a purposeful life. You will hear from historical figures and individuals about their journeys to finding and living a purposeful life, and will walk through different exercises to help you find out what matters most to you so you can live a purposeful life. As an added benefit, you will also have complimentary access, for a period of time, to the Purposeful App. This groundbreaking mobile and desktop app is designed to help you build a purposeful rhythm into each day, so you can bring your best self to what matters most. Look for more information in Week 1 of the course! By the end of this course, you will: 1. Understand that having a strong purpose in life is an essential element of human well-being. 2. Know how self-transcending purpose positively affects well-being. 3. Be able to create a purpose for your life (don't be intimidated, this is different from creating "the purpose" for your life). 4. Apply personal approaches and skills to self-change and become and stay connected to your purpose every day. We are thrilled that you are here! We look forward to hearing and learning from you throughout this course!...

IG
Jun 23, 2021

I abolutely loved this. It has helped me tremendously in my understanding of self and setting a personal transcending purpose. And Vic, thank you for sharing your story. It made me tear up at the end.

Jun 6, 2020

Short and precise course to get some perspective on finding focus on things that really matter. Vic is an excellent professor who just connects so well with the students even from the computer screen.

101 - 125 of 539 Reviews for Finding Purpose and Meaning In Life: Living for What Matters Most

By Cynthia

Jun 2, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. Professor explains everything super inspiringly and calmly. I found the combination of practice and scientific research very interesting. But a look back in history also provided some nice insights. It is highly recommended for everyone!

By Carrie K

Absolutely loved this course. I learned a lot and learned how to apply this knowledge to my own life. Professor Stretcher seems like such a kind soul who really loves the subject he's teaching and applies what he teaches to his own life. Highly recommend this course.

By PallaviPandavula

Sep 30, 2020

I absolutely loved the course. This is truly one of the rarest courses that could change your life for better. I feel that this would be the NORTH STAR for anyone wishing to know how to lead a purposeful and happy life. I feel grateful that this course was made.

By Rammanohar S

Jul 28, 2020

Having a purpose in life is an essential responsibility for any one. With having purpose in life one can experience life to its fullest extent and can lead a healthy and joyful life. The course is well designed and is explained excellently by Vic Strecher.

By Mai Y

Dec 22, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this class. When I joined I wasn't sure I would learn much but this gives me a new perspective in life. I'm glad that I took this class. Thank you for all the work you've done for this class. This is one more life you've helped change.

By Georgia D

Nov 20, 2020

An insightful course that can helps us become better people and improve the quality of our lives. I liked a lot the way Professor Strecher was explaining the different theories and was always giving practical examples. I would totally recommend the course!

By Jose M d O N

May 16, 2020

Did the course during Covid-19 lock-down times! Fantastic Course and a great opportunity for an inner reflection. Things like what you expected people would write on your tombstone and also your life after retirement were very valuable for me!

By Letícia L M

Aug 14, 2020

It delivers what it promises. Unlike I expected, the course has a lot of cientific base and very practical activities. The teacher is the sweetest, wisest being I had the pleasure of getting to know. I feel like I spent my time fantastically.

By Marton G

Oct 13, 2020

It was not just fun but very interesting as well. Until about 2 months ago I would never have thought that I would be interested in someone telling me via a computer screen about the my purpose in my own life. I am glad it all changed!

By Jordan M

May 13, 2020

Professor Stretchor is no doubt the most inspirational teacher who is very easy to relate to, makes you question your goals and life ourpose in the best way. The course itself offered such amazing information that I had no idea I need.

By Lina F

Oct 23, 2020

This course was great for me, I learned many think that I´m willing to apply in my life. I really recommend it to everybody who thinks that already live with a purpose but mainly for who thinks that have a purpose is not necessary.

By Areti S

Dec 11, 2020

Amazing course, it totally change my understanding and the practicality of purpose. It helped my find the courage to make a shift in my career. But more importantly it inspired me to be learn more, do more and be more. Thank you!

By David M D R

Sep 8, 2020

I was having a hard time. The pandemic combined with personal, financial and internal struggles was taking the best out of me. This course helped gain a new direction, or maybe simply recognize the one that has always been there.

By Cristina G M E

Apr 2, 2021

Excellent course. I loved the content, the stories, the researches. Definitely, a must. You will be able to find a direction in life, also discover yourself, and know that you only need a map, you already have it all.

By Kathleen C

This class helped me find purpose and meaning in my life during a difficult time. It's easier to get out of bed knowing I have goals I can work on every day. Overall, I liked how Vic combined science and spirituality.

By Philippe T

Aug 18, 2021

Great course to help you identify your purposes in life, and how to implement them. Really helped me to move from having some vague but intangible ideas about my purposes, to developing a clear path towards my goals.

By Aixa K

Jun 10, 2020

Life-changing course. The videos were educational, entertaining and engaging. They were the right amount of material, explained the right way in a very clear manner. It will forever change the way I live my life.

By April M L B

Sep 8, 2020

This course really helped me a lot on how to Live a Purposeful Life and gave me a lot of lessons which I can really apply in real-life situations! You better enroll to this course now. You will definitely loved it!

By Lyliah H

This was a very interesting course. I think it is an important one to take in order to ensure that we are paying attention and putting our attention where we want our lives to go. I would highly recommend it.

By Taufiq B

Oct 25, 2020

The course is well paced and insightful. It offers unique perspective on revisiting purpose, combining philosophy, neurology and behavioral science. I'd recommend this course to anybody in any stage of life.

By Maria R

Jan 31, 2021

One of the most humane and well documented courses. Professor Stretcher is knowledgeable, talented as teacher, and very empathetic. I really appreciated all the content and mostly enjoy so much. Thank you.

By Vivek S

Jul 20, 2020

THE BEST COURSE ON COURSERA. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT A 21ST CENTURY HUMAN BEING NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND, AND TRY TO DEFINE WHAT LIFE IS! MUST ATTEND COURSE IRRESPECTIVE OF ANYTHING...PURPOSE IN LIFE MATTERS MOST!!

By Marisol P

Apr 11, 2021

This course was so beneficial to me both personally and professionally. The professor is passionate about the subject matter. It was truly a wonderful experience. Would recommend to anyone and everyone!

By Aliki S

Jan 31, 2021

The course speaker was so lovely and engaging, I learned a lot from this course. Highly recommended for everyone! I think it is an important course to undertake at a time like this... thank you coursera!

By Adrianna Z

Aug 25, 2020

I recommend this course to everyone! it's a lifesaver which solves some problem I always needed an answer. I love this professor. he touching my heart and guide me to find what matters most in my life.