Back to Finding Purpose and Meaning In Life: Living for What Matters Most

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Finding Purpose and Meaning In Life: Living for What Matters Most by University of Michigan

Welcome to Finding Purpose and Meaning in Life: Living for What Matters Most! In this course, you’ll learn how science, philosophy and practice all play a role in both finding your purpose and living a purposeful life. You will hear from historical figures and individuals about their journeys to finding and living a purposeful life, and will walk through different exercises to help you find out what matters most to you so you can live a purposeful life. As an added benefit, you will also have complimentary access, for a period of time, to the Purposeful App. This groundbreaking mobile and desktop app is designed to help you build a purposeful rhythm into each day, so you can bring your best self to what matters most. Look for more information in Week 1 of the course! By the end of this course, you will: 1. Understand that having a strong purpose in life is an essential element of human well-being. 2. Know how self-transcending purpose positively affects well-being. 3. Be able to create a purpose for your life (don't be intimidated, this is different from creating "the purpose" for your life). 4. Apply personal approaches and skills to self-change and become and stay connected to your purpose every day. We are thrilled that you are here! We look forward to hearing and learning from you throughout this course!...

IG
Jun 23, 2021

I abolutely loved this. It has helped me tremendously in my understanding of self and setting a personal transcending purpose. And Vic, thank you for sharing your story. It made me tear up at the end.

Jun 6, 2020

Short and precise course to get some perspective on finding focus on things that really matter. Vic is an excellent professor who just connects so well with the students even from the computer screen.

76 - 100 of 540 Reviews for Finding Purpose and Meaning In Life: Living for What Matters Most

By MARGARITA B

Dec 27, 2020

Before taking this course I had trouble understanding what life purpose even means. Now, upon completing it, I can understand why purpose is importand, what having a purpose in life really means, and most importantly how I can create it for myself, by myself. Great course. Prompting everyone to enroll in this. It really is going to change your life.

By Alfredo J D

Jun 30, 2020

This course has giving me another perspective of life. The right Purpose helps the individual to defines its own path, but more important is that such Purpose leads to find meaning to life and therefore peace of mind. From that moment on you can say "I do exist, I know how much I value, I'm ready to live life and share to others with meaning.

By Maia J

Dec 10, 2020

Delightful course! You can tell right off the bat that the professor really cares about the subject matter in a profound level and it encourages you to learn what they have to share about this course. The course also allows you to evaluate your life and give you the tools one might need if they need to figure out their purpose in this life.

By Maya G

If you are looking where to head your life try to make things to have a bit of sense this is a course I highly recomend which is given by someone who you see his realness and willingness. I would really like to thank Prof. Vic Strecher for this greatly told and prepared course. It was told so beautifly that I finished the course in a week.

By Ann M T M

Jan 19, 2021

It was a great class. I read his book. I read Viktor Frankel's book -Man's Search for Meaning. Vic Strecher leads you down the path of the why and how of finding your purpose in life, and supports his work with thought provoking readings and studies. Thank you, Professor Strecher, for finding your purpose to help others find theirs.

By Charlene G A M

Oct 29, 2020

This course is super helpful. Those going through quarter life of midlife crisis, those with mental health issues will greatly benefit from this course. This is very relevant to all occupations, all gender, all ages. Get to know yourself better with this course. You'll learn a lot, understand yourself and life itself better. Take This!!

By Thuan N

Oct 24, 2021

This course is real essential for anyone who want to look for purpose and meaning in life, which I believe every one should join. One of the biggest lesson I learnt in this course is answer this question "What if you die tomorrow, would you do what you are doing today?". Thank you for a great course and do hope everyone the same.

By Amy

Sep 14, 2021

hello all,

Dr sketcher has very beautifully put all aspects of purpose which i came across for the first time,The way so easily he put the "do goals"to accomplish " be goals "by putting in the Action for the same we all knew but how comfortably its workable that i came know throw this course only.

Thank you Dr.Sketcher And

Coursera.

By Jordan T

Dec 9, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and appreciated the sense of grounding it has offered during what has been a very chaotic 2020 year. Thank you for breaking down the structure to create purpose as a guiding compass for one’s life. This is directing my actions for the next few years until I am ready to reassess and repurpose.

By Diana S F

This course was both didactic and highly inspirational. It helped me identify my purpose and act on it, taking small steps each day. I am happy to have completed it and I will come back, for sure, to go over some of the lessons again. This will remind me of my current purpose and will help me reframe it when time comes.

By Melisa Z

A great course to have a better understanding ourselves and life. It could be about your family, about your school, about your job, you will find something for you in this course. Every video was like a meditation. I really enjoyed all of the parts. Thanks for Prof. Vic Strecher, I am sure that he is a great man!

By Utkarsh S

Apr 2, 2021

I personally think that this course should be mandatory for each individual taking any course in any field so that they can have a sense of clarity what they are doing and why they are doing so. One can develop a sense of purpose after taking this course and can lead a better and purposeful life.

By Abegale E

Sep 19, 2020

What I liked most about the course was that the discussion was simplified into digestible chunks. There was a balance of empirical discussions, practical examples and self-reflection to better learn the topic. I will bring what I learned from this course throughout my life, definitely. Thank you!

By Hashif M

Mr. Vic Strecher is a wonderful human being and an inspirational teacher. I was lucky to enroll to this course and benefit from the knowledge, skills and wisdom that was shared. I'm going to live a life of purpose and would encourage others to do so to make this world happier, peaceful and safe.

By Christine

Dec 20, 2020

I loved this course. The content, the teacher, and every single lesson were interesting and worth every single minute of my time. This course opened up my eyes to what it means to find meaning in life. Thank you truly for offering this course, and thank you professor for you time too!

By Baidwattie I

Oct 14, 2020

i was lost and was trying to figure out the reason for life. Why are we here? Then I came across this course without even searching for it. I felt it was meant for me and now I completed the course. I must say I now have a better sense of direction and purpose in my life. Thank you.

By Nguyen D T

Feb 18, 2021

This course is very information on Purpose topic. You can find here a lot of knowledge that help you craft your purposes in life. I really appreciate this course and would like to recommend that: if you have time, please allocate your resource for this. It deserve your time.

By Vania E C N

Jun 23, 2020

This course is surely an eye-opener!! There's nothing to lose to learn more about you, moreover about what your life purpose is. It's great if you already feel comfortable and satisfied with your life right now, but finding a purpose about it will make it more worth-living.

By Honor O

Aug 27, 2020

While I'm not so interested in finding a purpose as I had mine at a early age, I enjoyed being able to read about it and listen to the stories told. I happy to be able to understand a bit more how scholars approached this topic. It turns out to be quite useful thank you!

By Karan N

Jun 5, 2020

This course is excellent. It gives me a clear idea of getting life purpose and meaning. But in the course, the instructor said the strong and low purpose but they do not show how to make the purpose strong. although, I Like the course very much. Thank You for the Course.

By MMI

Apr 8, 2021

Professor Strecher has an engaging, clear, captivating way of sharing knowledge. I'd seriously consider taking other courses that he teaches on Coursera. This course has given me the valuable tools I have been looking for for several years. Thank you SO much, Professor.

By David G

Dec 1, 2020

This course is outstanding for teaching the psychological, behavioral, physiological benefits of having a purpose in life. Professor Strecher and James Loehr were both excellent in displaying caring for the welfare of the students in this class, which was heartwarming.

By Luz E G M

Jul 3, 2020

This course has everything that every person needs to puts some words to the thing that are most valuable for each of us. I definitely enjoy every video and every explanation because it made me think about so many things I needed but I just couldn't figure it on my own.

By Ioana

Feb 8, 2021

I liked it a lot. The fact that you can just audit it is great. In the first 2 weeks it really gives you some tools to help you find and enact your purpose. Professor Vic is an inspiration to me. I hope he will develop other personal development courses in the future.

By Teoh G S

Oct 11, 2020

It's a very good and practical course, I particularly like the loving meditation as it helps in our overall well-being. This is what the world needs the most. Instead of purely pursuit material, we need a balance of both self-transcending and self-enhancing happiness.