Back to Finding Purpose and Meaning In Life: Living for What Matters Most

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Finding Purpose and Meaning In Life: Living for What Matters Most by University of Michigan

Welcome to Finding Purpose and Meaning in Life: Living for What Matters Most! In this course, you’ll learn how science, philosophy and practice all play a role in both finding your purpose and living a purposeful life. You will hear from historical figures and individuals about their journeys to finding and living a purposeful life, and will walk through different exercises to help you find out what matters most to you so you can live a purposeful life. As an added benefit, you will also have complimentary access, for a period of time, to the Purposeful App. This groundbreaking mobile and desktop app is designed to help you build a purposeful rhythm into each day, so you can bring your best self to what matters most. Look for more information in Week 1 of the course! By the end of this course, you will: 1. Understand that having a strong purpose in life is an essential element of human well-being. 2. Know how self-transcending purpose positively affects well-being. 3. Be able to create a purpose for your life (don't be intimidated, this is different from creating "the purpose" for your life). 4. Apply personal approaches and skills to self-change and become and stay connected to your purpose every day. We are thrilled that you are here! We look forward to hearing and learning from you throughout this course!...

Jun 07, 2020

Short and precise course to get some perspective on finding focus on things that really matter. Vic is an excellent professor who just connects so well with the students even from the computer screen.

D

I found this course beneficial in focusing my thinking about what is and should be important to me in life. Taking a self-critical approach to this issue has been difficult but revealing and freeing

26 - 50 of 206 Reviews for Finding Purpose and Meaning In Life: Living for What Matters Most

By Md S H

Jun 05, 2020

Great but have some limitations.

By Shiuan L

Aug 12, 2020

This course is on the theoretical side. If you are looking for someone to hold your hand while guiding you through the process of defining your life purpose, you would be better served in an in-person workshop. But if you are, like me, interested in the theories and philosophies underpinning our existential search for purpose and meaning in life, then you will be very satisfied by the depth and breadth of what is covered in this course. Professor Strecher speaks from the heart and you can feel his passion for the subject and compassion for his students. I think it will be a great privilege to learn from him in person someday.

By Timo K

May 22, 2020

The course was very approachable and helped me to further refine my thinking, especially in the area of purposeful living. I especially enjoyed two things: 1) the course managed to stay technical (philosophically & scientifically) enough to be relevant and interesting, and 2) the course presented solid, well thought out methodology or model to be used as a template for establishing or maintaining purposeful living. It is my pleasure to recommend this course - I feel there's a point of view to be gained at least for beginners and intermediate purpose-thinkers. :)

By Jill W M

Jun 02, 2020

Thank you for an approachable, organized, and thoughtful survey on this topic. I was engaged during the sessions and thinking about the material offline. I hope to explore more of the reading following the course and give some personal reflection time to a deeper dive on the topic. I hope to use it personally and professionally in the months and years ahead. If you ever offer a sequel on the topic going deeper into the science, philosophy and application, I would be interested to sign up. Well done, I am truly grateful, thank you.

By Manal S A a

Jul 07, 2020

Amazing course! It gets you insights about how to live your life. I get a deep understanding of how to adjust life goals which is a complicated thing for the majority. I became more excited about the current phase I live which is the phase of exploring all life aspects and I figured that this is what I want deeply; heart and soul. It is one of the best chances to enrol in this beautiful, sightful and encouraging course. Thanks a lot and wish you a happy, meaningful and purposeful life :)

By Judi G

Aug 10, 2020

Excellent. Really helped me to understand purpose and help me establish one for my life. I had been trying to hard before to establish a purpose. Vic Strecher was superb in guiding participants through understanding how important and necessary purpose is to quality of life and how easy it is to define what truly matters to you. I also signed up for Purposeful and have enjoyed the email reminders; they've helped me stay on track. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for this course.

By Luis N H

Jul 27, 2020

The objective of the course is very human.

Our present civilization lacks guidelines for true personal fulfillment.

If people were guided from their childhood to make the most of their existence based on what counts most, and outlining goals to achieve personal and collective harmony, the result would be very different from what we have on the planet now.

I thank Professor Strecher, Coursera, and the University of Michigan

By Mengnuch P

Aug 05, 2020

After I learned this course, I feel so proud to myself what I am having right now. Importantly, I want to say thank you very much to the professor who gave an educated to students around the world are participating in part of this course. The best suggestion for who is looking for a self-improvement course. Here is Finding Purpose and Meaning In Life: Living for What Matters Most that your first choice.

By Kendra H

Probably one of the best online courses I have ever taken online! I really appreciated his style. I am a visual learner and I loved his visuals incorporated inside the PowerPoints. Also, I felt that in his lectures he spoke TO me and not AT me. He did a wonderful job with this course and it really made me think about my purpose in life overall. The facts in this course and presentation were excellent!

By Vicki T

First "thank you", this class was an amazing eye opener in many ways. It truly is the steppingstone or maybe the set-up card to life. The set-up card is like the course correction to a bad day, week or year. If we can remember to re-focus and go back to our purpose, I think we could gain clarity sooner. Unfortunately, it's a simple solution but no always easy to do.

By Alfredo J D

Jun 30, 2020

This course has giving me another perspective of life. The right Purpose helps the individual to defines its own path, but more important is that such Purpose leads to find meaning to life and therefore peace of mind. From that moment on you can say "I do exist, I know how much I value, I'm ready to live life and share to others with meaning.

By Maya G

If you are looking where to head your life try to make things to have a bit of sense this is a course I highly recomend which is given by someone who you see his realness and willingness. I would really like to thank Prof. Vic Strecher for this greatly told and prepared course. It was told so beautifly that I finished the course in a week.

By Diana S F

This course was both didactic and highly inspirational. It helped me identify my purpose and act on it, taking small steps each day. I am happy to have completed it and I will come back, for sure, to go over some of the lessons again. This will remind me of my current purpose and will help me reframe it when time comes.

By Melisa Z

A great course to have a better understanding ourselves and life. It could be about your family, about your school, about your job, you will find something for you in this course. Every video was like a meditation. I really enjoyed all of the parts. Thanks for Prof. Vic Strecher, I am sure that he is a great man!

By Hashif M

Mr. Vic Strecher is a wonderful human being and an inspirational teacher. I was lucky to enroll to this course and benefit from the knowledge, skills and wisdom that was shared. I'm going to live a life of purpose and would encourage others to do so to make this world happier, peaceful and safe.

By Vania E C N

Jun 23, 2020

This course is surely an eye-opener!! There's nothing to lose to learn more about you, moreover about what your life purpose is. It's great if you already feel comfortable and satisfied with your life right now, but finding a purpose about it will make it more worth-living.

By Karan T N

Jun 05, 2020

This course is excellent. It gives me a clear idea of getting life purpose and meaning. But in the course, the instructor said the strong and low purpose but they do not show how to make the purpose strong. although, I Like the course very much. Thank You for the Course.

By Luz E G M

Jul 03, 2020

This course has everything that every person needs to puts some words to the thing that are most valuable for each of us. I definitely enjoy every video and every explanation because it made me think about so many things I needed but I just couldn't figure it on my own.

By Cynthia

Jun 02, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. Professor explains everything super inspiringly and calmly. I found the combination of practice and scientific research very interesting. But a look back in history also provided some nice insights. It is highly recommended for everyone!

By Carrie K

Absolutely loved this course. I learned a lot and learned how to apply this knowledge to my own life. Professor Stretcher seems like such a kind soul who really loves the subject he's teaching and applies what he teaches to his own life. Highly recommend this course.

By Ram M S

Jul 28, 2020

Having a purpose in life is an essential responsibility for any one. With having purpose in life one can experience life to its fullest extent and can lead a healthy and joyful life. The course is well designed and is explained excellently by Vic Strecher.

By Jose M d O N

May 16, 2020

Did the course during Covid-19 lock-down times! Fantastic Course and a great opportunity for an inner reflection. Things like what you expected people would write on your tombstone and also your life after retirement were very valuable for me!

By Letícia L M

Aug 14, 2020

It delivers what it promises. Unlike I expected, the course has a lot of cientific base and very practical activities. The teacher is the sweetest, wisest being I had the pleasure of getting to know. I feel like I spent my time fantastically.

By Jordan M

May 13, 2020

Professor Stretchor is no doubt the most inspirational teacher who is very easy to relate to, makes you question your goals and life ourpose in the best way. The course itself offered such amazing information that I had no idea I need.

By Kathleen C

This class helped me find purpose and meaning in my life during a difficult time. It's easier to get out of bed knowing I have goals I can work on every day. Overall, I liked how Vic combined science and spirituality.