Back to What future for education?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for What future for education? by University of London

Through this course you will start to critically examine your own ideas about education, teaching and learning. The critique will be developed through engagement with theories and ideas developed through educational research. You will be encouraged to use these ideas to challenge or support your own ideas about education. Each week we will focus on one key question, using video lectures, key readings and challenges to explore some commonplace notions about education. With the guidance of the course team, you will be asked to use these ideas to critically reflect on your own understandings and experience. By the end of the course, you will have developed a personal response to the main question: what is your preferred future for education?...

TA

Jan 08, 2020

Very good course. I enjoyed it from the moment I started. Just one review, some of the talks were too long, and not very integrating. Try to create a better variety of different learning materials.

EM

Sep 08, 2016

A really excellent course - well delivered, informative and insightful. I would highly recommend this for anyone working within the education space, whether a new practitioner or experienced.

101 - 125 of 163 Reviews for What future for education?

By Lina B

Mar 01, 2018

Excellent and broadening perspectives.

By Mart A M

Jun 19, 2016

This course is an eye opener for me.

By Steve B O

Jun 27, 2020

The course is more than eye opener

By Victor H L O

Feb 17, 2016

thanks

By sivaguru m

Jul 09, 2020

Good

By elliezhou

Mar 27, 2018

good

By Jocelyn L

Nov 12, 2019

This is the first time I experienced the learning from foreign schools. I like the pre-class thinking and after-class reflection sessions. It evoked my own thinking on the topics, which left me more inspirations.

One thing that I am not so comfortable is the interviews in 5 weeks. These interviews are mainly focused on one topic in each interview but they seem to me that the answers are not well organized and the points are sometimes separate so that each point cannot go deep. This is one part that I hope could be improved.

However, I do appreciate the contribution of Dr. Clare Brooks and her colleagues as well as the free online platform Coursera. Thinking about education from intelligence to government brings me a whole picture about education and provides me many new perspectives to see education.

For my own part, barely finished this course, I hope I will do better in the following courses on aspects of submitting homework on-time and treating homework more seriously.

Deeply thanks to the ones who bring this course to us.

By Haneen S

Apr 30, 2020

This was a very informative and I am very glad that my Coursera experience started with such a powerful and well made class. While I really enjoyed the informative pre-recorded videos, the engaging interaction with classmates in real time and all the reflection, one thing that I felt was lacking in this class was some type of real time engagement with our brilliant professor Dr. Clare Brooks. While I appreciate the nature of these online almost plug and go classes, it would have been very beneficial if Dr. Brooks had engaged with us in real time. It is one thing to be able to learn from others and their experiences but it is another to be able to also engage with professors themselves, as that engagement give another form of dimension and life to classes.

By Maria P

Jan 16, 2019

The course is complete and very well organised, though is aimed to those who have just started working in education or have basic studies on the subject, as it is quite introductory. The lessons are clear and greatly delivered by renowned professionals, and the activities are very challenging. The only observation I have is that when having to correct our classmates' productions, three pieces of writing per week is too much, as there are never enough deliveries to provide feedback to whenever you access the platform. Apart from that, I am having a nice experience with this MOOC.

By Kishan K S

Nov 26, 2016

Very well structured, great lecture-videos with experts in their field. Love the vibrant discussion forums as well where i get to learn more about different education cultures from all around the world. My only one criticism is that it became to predictable - pre-lecture activity, lectures, discussion forum, reflection. rinse. repeat. thought perhaps the learning, and maybe the assessments could have been diversified more? Instead of personal reflections, maybe we could do reflect on case studies?

By Amy B

Dec 10, 2015

I very much enjoyed this course, and it has an active forum with some good contributors but I found that it felt more informative and engaging on the starting topics, rather than the core question of what is the future of education. This may be more due to my personal interests rather than any fault of the course, however! Particularly enjoyed the first few weeks "How do we learn", "What is intelligence and does it matter?" and "What makes a good teacher?".

By Abrar A A

Sep 21, 2015

so far I'm liking the course... i'm not really sure about the last assignment where we need to submit a TED kinda video... not sure how this complement the goal of the course overall.. but so far the videos and the journals are so relevant and make valid points to discuss and think about them, whether you are a teacher , like myself, or a learner or both