Back to What future for education?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for What future for education? by University of London

Through this course you will start to critically examine your own ideas about education, teaching and learning. The critique will be developed through engagement with theories and ideas developed through educational research. You will be encouraged to use these ideas to challenge or support your own ideas about education. Each week we will focus on one key question, using video lectures, key readings and challenges to explore some commonplace notions about education. With the guidance of the course team, you will be asked to use these ideas to critically reflect on your own understandings and experience. By the end of the course, you will have developed a personal response to the main question: what is your preferred future for education?...

EM

Sep 08, 2016

A really excellent course - well delivered, informative and insightful. I would highly recommend this for anyone working within the education space, whether a new practitioner or experienced.

SM

Oct 10, 2018

Generally addresses various stake holders of education and brings the idea of future of education well! I enjoyed especially interacting with numerous participants from around the world

1 - 25 of 114 Reviews for What future for education?

By ASHA M

Apr 26, 2017

Excellent for anyone who is interested in education or is looking at a career or profession in education or just wants to get a bigger & broader picture about education.

By Naomi F

Sep 21, 2015

Great course! I enjoyed it very much. I feel like it is slightly more directed at teachers and those who have a career in education, rather than individuals interested in the topic.

By Tracie R

May 23, 2019

This course has been one of the best that I have done so far. Excellent presentations which enabled me to totally understand and engage with the discussions and the assisgnments.

Although at times it seemed to difficult to find peer assisngments to review (I think because of time differences?) I really enjoyed the opportunity to see and hear what other students insights were to education across the globe.

Brilliant, I highly recommend this course.

By Robert R D J

Jul 04, 2017

The course was very well organized. In my view, it gave all participants plenty of food for thought, while also leaving them plenty of room for their own thinking, expressing their own thoughts and coming to their own conclusions. It had a large measure of breadth and depth and it helped me come to a much deeper and broader understanding of both the background and the emerging future possibilities of education and education systems (in my case, higher education in the United States). It was extremely well framed and well presented, helpful and inspiring. (My only regret is that my execution of the final project flagged a bit, mostly because I was fatigued and had many other obligations around the time of the "Ted Talk" project deadline.)

By Adriana

Aug 28, 2017

Really liked and enjoyed the how the course is organized and how the different topics help you shape your own idea about what's the future of education. The weekly assignments are a great opportunity to reflect on your own thoughts about the topics.

By Abdul Q

Jul 17, 2017

Good course to understand the future and potential development in the education world.

By Rikin

Sep 25, 2015

My dream to create the Best Learners Academy is just helped by this course to a great extent....Outstanding content and knowledge shared by the professors..

By Maireyi M

Dec 30, 2018

It is a very helpful course if you are interested in education. The lecturers all have professional backgrounds but they delivered the course in a friendly and explicit way. They asked open questions and wouldn't tell you the answer, but they inspired you on many aspects, which's very beneficial.

By Ishwarya L G

Feb 16, 2019

It was a course designed to make you think about the topic rather than give you the answers. I really liked how open-ended it was. It gives you valuable inputs and create a possible conclusion for yourself.

Really enjoyed it!

By Wairimu N

Feb 28, 2019

I loved every moment of this course! It's quite informative and inspiring. I am personally looking forward to more Acheivment in education!!! Thank you UCL!

By Anna B

Mar 25, 2019

Engaging, flexible pace, inspiring. The best MOOC I've done.

By SHRADDHA J

Apr 03, 2019

The course is very well organized and structure of individual lessons provokes to think, relate to our own experiences to enhance understanding. The content is largely good and the discussions in the forum are enriching.

By Alia L J

Apr 12, 2019

Very interesting course! I loved how it was set up, and allowed you to evolved and reflect and learn about yourself and others!

By Dominique D B

Jul 18, 2018

I really enjoy this course where I can learn and reflect about different views of the future of education.

By Barry W

Jul 18, 2018

very interesting

By Christiansen F

Aug 01, 2018

love this class. Pretty interesting stuff..

By Klarisse C

Sep 18, 2018

This course is really helpful especially if you need a refresher for education itself.

By Nepcosimo M G

May 31, 2016

I like the delivery and I like it more that I am learning so much. Very excellent presentation. Thank you.

By muzaffer ü

Sep 01, 2015

very beneficial :)

By Monika K

Feb 09, 2018

Fantastic insight into education! Congratulations on creatins such a great course!

By Jafar M

Aug 02, 2017

Very good. I enjoyed it a lot.

My classmate says that I turn lecture notes into music notes to learn lessons. So he learns by turning them into music. Interesting approach.

By John B

Dec 03, 2015

I found the course thought provoking and a good example of using technology effectively in a PL environment.

By Krishaan K

Dec 01, 2015

I genuinely enjoyed this course - Brilliant insights and allowed me to further expand my knowledge with regards to education!

By Gildardo L B

Aug 30, 2016

Excellent course. Teachers and partners bring the support not only to learn but finishing this meaningful course.

By Mustafa Ö

Apr 10, 2016

I like the lectures -let's say sincere chats- between Clare and other educators. They are good in their field and the messages were quite clear. Being have to comment to others' posts and padlet and other interactive exercises made the course more "natural".

Course also gave some new perspectives to me.

Thanks for the great course!