Back to Innovation Through Design: Think, Make, Break, Repeat

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Innovation Through Design: Think, Make, Break, Repeat by The University of Sydney

The evolution of design has seen it become a discipline no longer limited to the concerns of a singular, specific domain and develop to become a pathway for solving complex, nonlinear problems. Design is becoming a capability-enhancing skill, equipping people with the ability to deal with uncertainty, complexity and failure. In this course, we demonstrate how you can use design as a way of thinking to provide strategic and innovative advantage within your profession. Suitable for anyone who is curious about design and translating the processes and tools of design thinking into innovative opportunities, over 5 weeks we explore, apply and practice the design process: think, make, break and repeat. Through introducing theoretical concepts and examining industry case studies with leading Australian design firms, we investigate design as learning about the context (the thinking part), building prototypes as tangible representations (the making part) and testing potential solutions (the breaking part). We build on this by showing the productive value of moving through the process quickly and often (the repeating part), to improve ideas and develop new insights. Throughout the course, you will follow us through three of Australia’s most exciting design offices and learn from practicing designers and leaders in design. This insight into industry will enable you to develop a comprehensive understanding of design and the role it can and does play within the innovation landscape. You will leave this course with a set of practical tools and techniques to apply to situations within your own professional context, to translate problems into opportunities and solutions, and ultimately to innovate through design....

LL
Nov 7, 2020

Great overview of the design innovation process! The content is up-to-date and the professors really go above and beyond to make the course feel like a regular university course as much as possible.

AS
Feb 14, 2020

a light introduction to design thinking. not too taxing. easy to understand concepts with some practical applications tested. good stepping stone to more rigorous and testing design thinking courses

176 - 200 of 219 Reviews for Innovation Through Design: Think, Make, Break, Repeat

By Arya B A

Jan 30, 2021

Good

By Sujin R V

Aug 30, 2020

Good

By Aakash J

Jul 18, 2020

good

By Kartik P

Apr 27, 2020

Apr 20, 2020

t

By STELLA F

Apr 25, 2021

Content and presentation by the facilitators was consistently high quality and engaging. Each module provided an excellent review of the challenges and opportunities inherent in each area – while challenging us to clarify and to find our own answers. Great programme in content. I feel that all the techniques used, the methods, the videos, the reading, the experts tips, were extremely good. At no point did I feel that the training was “long”. I learnt a lot. I feel inspired to re-think (re-design) the way I plan and present my work. Thanks a lot for the journey!

By Ejegi V

Oct 8, 2018

I am not a 'designer' in the sense of the word, but the design principles and techniques I have been exposed to in this course have altered the way I now interact with products, systems and processes. I am hopeful this new found knowledge will help me become a better contributor or developer of new initiatives/products at work and in my personal projects.

By Gökay K

Sep 12, 2020

I am very happy to learn the breaking methods. Thank you for the course and I'm ready for the more advanced levels. It would be better if there were sample homework. Thank you for the course, I wish everyone success.

By Jeremy C

Jan 9, 2021

A thoughtful and accessible course design and layout. Appreciated hearing from industry experts, but would have enjoyed the input on creativity and design thinking from artists as well. Overall, a great experience.

By Miroslav N

May 22, 2020

Good interviews and videos. Readings could be prepared a bit more or some with some more sketches.

Overall a good course with new view points and ideas.

By Gerald L

Feb 27, 2021

Overall, great course with right amount of material and classmate interaction. Taking some time, however, for my review submissions to be acknowledged.

By Mwaqas A

Apr 24, 2021

The course was very interesting throughout but assignment questions are very tricky to understand for nonnative English Speakers like myself.

By Pragnya A

Sep 10, 2020

The course could have had a small project where we went through the whole process of innovating something. But otherwise very informative.

By Mohammad A T

Feb 26, 2021

Excellent Course! lot of concepts has been explained in a very professional yet easy to understand way. Big thanks to Sydney University.

By ALFONSO M M

Sep 11, 2020

A very brief but useful guideline of the Design Thinking method. Very satisfied with this course and the resources they provide you.

By Mark R T

Aug 2, 2019

The course was very engaging and it inspires me to apply my acquired knowledge in this course to my future design projects.

By Asha F

Feb 18, 2021

Great content and assessments, would have liked some more history of design evolution over time as context for the theory.

By Tavish K

Jun 20, 2020

Well structured and good references. More depth would be nice but I understand it was designed for a wide ranging audience

By Hrishikesh A

Jun 19, 2019

Course was good, but could have been better had it included more thoughts by industry experts

By Liliana S B

Sep 3, 2020

It was great, I enjoyed it a lot. Very clear and challenging. I really liked the exercises.

By Bindhu S

Apr 4, 2021

Good topic i had a hard time on the quizzes and the assesment but good to be challenged