Back to Innovation Through Design: Think, Make, Break, Repeat

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Innovation Through Design: Think, Make, Break, Repeat by The University of Sydney

The evolution of design has seen it become a discipline no longer limited to the concerns of a singular, specific domain and develop to become a pathway for solving complex, nonlinear problems. Design is becoming a capability-enhancing skill, equipping people with the ability to deal with uncertainty, complexity and failure. In this course, we demonstrate how you can use design as a way of thinking to provide strategic and innovative advantage within your profession. Suitable for anyone who is curious about design and translating the processes and tools of design thinking into innovative opportunities, over 5 weeks we explore, apply and practice the design process: think, make, break and repeat. Through introducing theoretical concepts and examining industry case studies with leading Australian design firms, we investigate design as learning about the context (the thinking part), building prototypes as tangible representations (the making part) and testing potential solutions (the breaking part). We build on this by showing the productive value of moving through the process quickly and often (the repeating part), to improve ideas and develop new insights. Throughout the course, you will follow us through three of Australia’s most exciting design offices and learn from practicing designers and leaders in design. This insight into industry will enable you to develop a comprehensive understanding of design and the role it can and does play within the innovation landscape. You will leave this course with a set of practical tools and techniques to apply to situations within your own professional context, to translate problems into opportunities and solutions, and ultimately to innovate through design....

LL
Nov 7, 2020

Great overview of the design innovation process! The content is up-to-date and the professors really go above and beyond to make the course feel like a regular university course as much as possible.

AS
Feb 14, 2020

a light introduction to design thinking. not too taxing. easy to understand concepts with some practical applications tested. good stepping stone to more rigorous and testing design thinking courses

51 - 75 of 219 Reviews for Innovation Through Design: Think, Make, Break, Repeat

By Thananat J

Jun 3, 2021

The course is good, not only for designers but also for everyone. I am sure that you can apply the knowledge from this course to your daily work.

By Megha

Feb 12, 2021

A short course packed with loads of information ! Great thoughts and practical insights that support using these concepts in your area of work

By Naveen A

Apr 19, 2021

I thoroughly enjoyed the course and learned a few things that we know however had never been able to implement them in real life scenarios.

By Godswill N

Feb 28, 2021

I feel I am living in a world of ideas and didn't know about it until now. The experience through the course was awesome. great work!

By Sumathi A C

Apr 17, 2020

As I was very curious about the Design Thinking Concepts, this course helped me in understanding it. I learnt and enjoyed the course.

By Patel M A

Jun 6, 2020

It was a great experience and the course have everything which a beginner need the path and the advice of experienced people's

By Muntean D

Nov 5, 2020

One of the most useful courses that I have participated. Congrats for your implication in teaching us about design innovation!

By Akshata R

Feb 18, 2021

Excellent course and was very helpful. A short and concise introduction to Innovation through Design. Would highly recommend.

By Rike S

Feb 15, 2021

for basics it is clear and well structured. If you already have knowledge in design thinking it is probably too easy for you.

By Widyanesti L

Jun 18, 2020

Great Course, its teach the Basic thinking for Designers that every designer will make a great design in the future

By Isha A S

Sep 10, 2020

This course is really helpful for designers to understand the process & techniques to achieve the desired outcome!

By Evgenia

Absolutely in love with this course! :) Like the video that were very helpful and it was really interest material!

By Rahul C

Apr 12, 2021

Excellent training program with great insights from Professors at the University of Sydney and various designers.

By Lenoi S

Feb 20, 2021

This course has opened my eyes to a world of innovation and design that I was not aware of being in existence.

By azhar

Jun 1, 2021

Nice course for everyone who wanna learn about true designing, other than designing website and applications.

By Pawaruth

Feb 15, 2021

Very great course. I've learned a lot. Short but precise videos, very good reading material, and assignment.

By Maria A A D

Dec 1, 2020

a very good course, my native lenguaje is not english, so for my was easy to understand.

By Ilze B

Mar 2, 2021

Thank you for valuable course for such a trending and very needed topic for business in today's situation,

By Ithalo A F d S

Feb 20, 2021

An incredible course, surprising all my expectations, a learning experience that fits any area of ​​work.

By siva r

Jul 19, 2020

it was a very useful Course and I was able to complete in a week.thanks for this opportunity of learning.

By LINGARAJ B

Jul 2, 2020

Excellent course for designers or any designers. Changed my thoughts and process approach. Thanks lot!!!

By Akshata C

May 12, 2020

It was a great learning experience. I have learnt a lot that I can apply as design student in my career.

By Viona V

Apr 15, 2021

This course is inspirational. It gives me new insights and help me understand design better. Thankyou.

By JASPER N P

Feb 12, 2021

It is very informative! It really gives an insight most especially for beginner or aspiring designers.