Back to Innovation Through Design: Think, Make, Break, Repeat

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Innovation Through Design: Think, Make, Break, Repeat by The University of Sydney

The evolution of design has seen it become a discipline no longer limited to the concerns of a singular, specific domain and develop to become a pathway for solving complex, nonlinear problems. Design is becoming a capability-enhancing skill, equipping people with the ability to deal with uncertainty, complexity and failure. In this course, we demonstrate how you can use design as a way of thinking to provide strategic and innovative advantage within your profession. Suitable for anyone who is curious about design and translating the processes and tools of design thinking into innovative opportunities, over 5 weeks we explore, apply and practice the design process: think, make, break and repeat. Through introducing theoretical concepts and examining industry case studies with leading Australian design firms, we investigate design as learning about the context (the thinking part), building prototypes as tangible representations (the making part) and testing potential solutions (the breaking part). We build on this by showing the productive value of moving through the process quickly and often (the repeating part), to improve ideas and develop new insights. Throughout the course, you will follow us through three of Australia’s most exciting design offices and learn from practicing designers and leaders in design. This insight into industry will enable you to develop a comprehensive understanding of design and the role it can and does play within the innovation landscape. You will leave this course with a set of practical tools and techniques to apply to situations within your own professional context, to translate problems into opportunities and solutions, and ultimately to innovate through design....

AS
Feb 14, 2020

a light introduction to design thinking. not too taxing. easy to understand concepts with some practical applications tested. good stepping stone to more rigorous and testing design thinking courses

LL
Nov 7, 2020

Great overview of the design innovation process! The content is up-to-date and the professors really go above and beyond to make the course feel like a regular university course as much as possible.

201 - 220 of 220 Reviews for Innovation Through Design: Think, Make, Break, Repeat

By Bindhu S

Apr 4, 2021

Good topic i had a hard time on the quizzes and the assesment but good to be challenged

By Nashat R

Dec 5, 2020

Excellent course , recommended for entire leaderships & senior staff

By MARCO B

Jan 23, 2021

Quick, clear and simple course, useful for starting design

By Cristina P

Mar 21, 2020

Me permitiu ter mais conhecimento sobre a área de estudo

By vishwanth v

Jun 22, 2021

The course gave me whole new way in the design process!

By Ilva A

Mar 10, 2021

It was something new for me but I enjoyed this course.

By kikelomo O O

Mar 2, 2021

wow! good for me as it expanded my thinking capacity.

By Hesham E

Dec 4, 2020

The course is organized and insightful.

By Fernando M E

Jul 22, 2020

El curso está bien, introducción básica

By Khushee M

May 28, 2021

Interesting and Challenging course

By Leona

Jan 30, 2021

Needs summary of the lessons

By CRISTHIAN R A C

May 6, 2020

Muy buen curso

By Trần N P

May 30, 2021

good

By Lisa T

Jun 19, 2021

W​hile the course content was really interesting and I would give the content itself a 5 star rating, the peer-review experience was horrible. In four out of five weeks, only quizzes needed to be taken and only one week required a peer-review assignment. However, this one peer review assignment counted 40% toward your overall grade and there seemed to be hardly anybody on the course who took this assignment seriously - they all seemed to grade randomly and without even reading my assignment, which I put a lot of effort in. It's virtually impossible to receive 100% on this course with these unfathomably fake peer review assignments.

By CHADIA G

Jan 23, 2021

I was looking about the application of Design thinking in the Business Analysis world. I drop the course because it didn´t tackle what I was looking for.

By Kamran L

Jan 27, 2021

Good theoretical course, it could be better to add some hands-on exercises.

By Juhri S

Apr 26, 2020

Sloppy content for a course offered by the so-called top 50 global universities. Too busy defining from one terminology to another design terminology such as wireframe, prototype, mock-ups, etc. Week 4 has the most robust modules, included 'Identifying and using design principles' based on Donald Norman's book, "The Design of Everyday Things." I discourage you to enroll in this course.

By Kevin E

Aug 29, 2020

A lot of 'about' no how to. At the end of this course I didn't build any practical skills I could take back to my job. In other words I didn't learn anything I couldn't find on youtube or reddit for free.