Back to Intercultural Communication and Conflict Resolution

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Intercultural Communication and Conflict Resolution by University of California, Irvine

4.4

Intercultural Communication and Conflict Resolution is a growing area of importance considering the pace and volume of global transactions. The ease of global communication using technology, the abundance of cheaper transportation costs, and the frequency of businesses using cross-border talent is fostering millions of interactions a day between people of different cultures. Examine how the process of communication can be further complicated during interactions between people of different cultures. The topics of stereotypes, generalizations, communication styles, communication strategies, and communication orientations will be explored. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Explain the dimensions of intercultural interactions that add to conflict 2. Analyze the dynamics of intercultural interactions 3. Plan strategies for success in intercultural interactions...

DD

Jul 16, 2020

Very good, compact course. Gave me some valuable inputs. Special thanks for the input on how our minds frame our intercultural expevctations. Also, for the three strategies of conflict resolution.

HP

May 21, 2016

Add an additional dimension of "wealth" to the list of intercultural topics. Class difference amongst poverty, middle class, and wealthy individuals and groups need to be understood.

101 - 125 of 126 Reviews for Intercultural Communication and Conflict Resolution

By Mimibullybug Q

Dec 8, 2015

Not enough face to camera time, in comparison with the other two modules in this course specialization. For me, that made it harder to recall the information effectively. But a very interesting topic.

By Abhilasha B

Sep 16, 2016

While this course, tackled the core problems in dealing with intercultural communication, the videos and case studies were confusing to me.

By Lisa D

Jun 18, 2017

This is a very good general overview of the topic but is short. I really enjoyed the peer review assignments.

By RAISSA M

Apr 4, 2021

I love the topic and the ideas presented, the presenter can do better.

By 肖艺濛

Jul 11, 2016

I am sorry to say, but I think this course helps me little

By Barbra V

Jun 27, 2016

The information is well presented but painfully slow.

By Marino P

May 10, 2016

Very intersting

By 陳奇充

Dec 3, 2018

It is OK

By Tamara A

Apr 21, 2022

While I appreciate the overall concept that this course is teaching, I found that the speaker's method of teaching was very stilted and disjointed. Grammatically, his speech patterns are a mess and the transcipt underneath the speakers box definitely reflects this.

By Jana M

Jan 3, 2020

It was easy to follow as a first introduction to the topic, but the content remained quite on the surface. Unfortunately the tasks were very vast and left a lot of room for interpretation. They did not 100% reflect the course content.

By Gelvis S

Jul 11, 2019

The course content is good, but the materials are not good. They have a lot of placeholder images and not too much content on the slides.

Course teacher have problems with pronunciation and tone of recording.

By Laura E S

Aug 7, 2016

This course means well, but with very little critical thinking required, it ultimately communicates good intentions over solid content.

By Lampros V

Nov 4, 2019

too bad to wait for review another 3 assignments for being able to pass the course.

By Nithya R

Nov 13, 2021

The course content is very useful. The training is very sub par.

By Diane H

Dec 21, 2016

The instructors were not very engaging.

By Luiza C

Oct 5, 2015

I really did want to take this course in a specialization mode. However I sampled some of the course videos in the different courses making this specialization and decided against it.

In the course videos we see no teacher or lecturer just pictures of people and power-point slides with a flat voice in the background reading the slides. In my opinion this does very little in making this topic interesting as it comes out flat and more work should have been put into making of this MOOC considering one has to pay for the specialization. There were also no discussion forums of any kind available. More work should be put into the making of the lecture videos by the school to give it a realistic classroom experience.

Unfortunately I dropped out of the MOOC because of the poor quality done by the school despite it being a topic of interest for me.

By Lauren Z

Mar 31, 2020

This course wasn't what I was expecting it to be. I would be disappointed if I was a student on campus and took this class, as it was boring and a waste of time. There wasn't any content that the professor seemed excited to teach. Granted, its an online course where you have a script to follow - there were no outside examples, no inclination in his voice, no exciting material - period.

I stopped after the second lesson, as everything you'd imagine this course would be about is on google and likely already something you know.

By Erick T T

Feb 9, 2016

I felt that the delivery was not effective. The pacing and tone of the speech was challenging for me to listen to. There were unnatural pauses within sentences, causing the lectures to drag out longer than necessary and it was difficult to connect the thoughts of a sentence together because of the unnatural pauses. The result of this was that it it required an inordinate amount of effort to understand each sentence and to put together the sentences into meaning.

By Alexandra J

Aug 4, 2016

Actually, I am quite disappointed by this course. The language is so slow that it is terribly difficult to make sense of each sentence.

The content barely scratches the surface and there is neither a forum, nor an exchange with other learners. I miss interactivity and I am glad that I decided to preview the course and not pay for it as it definitely is not worth the money.

By Joshua S

May 18, 2016

I have always loved the Coursera courses that I have taken, but this one is dramatically below the standard. It is lacking in terms of content, pedagogy, and production. I truly hope that this isn't the direction that Coursera is headed in, as this class seems more like a cheap self-help seminar than an academic course of study.

By Sandra K

Aug 10, 2016

1- Almost no content , all just general knowledge

2- the instructor was very hard to follow, his intonation is totally off and the sentences are broken so you can't connect the thoughts together.

3- There was no forum and thus no interaction.

By Jen L

Apr 12, 2019

Extremely basic discussions, not much technical theory, quality of the presenters/videos not as high for someone already working internationally, so perhaps more a course for truly beginners than in-field professionals.

By Yaakov H

Nov 18, 2015

too easy, little content, can pass course easily without watching any of the videos

By Elisa N

Jan 27, 2021

very bad quality and monotonic voice with videos that are boring. not worth it!

By Rafael D d D

Mar 2, 2016

Too theorical and bold course