Back to Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19 by University of Toronto

Never in the history of humanity have so many people been feeling intense anxiety related to COVID-19 and the world it will leave in its wake. The intent of this course is to give you a deeper understanding of the anxiety reaction as it relates to various aspects of our current life, ranging from our consumption of news to the way we talk to our children about this. I will also give you clear strategies for managing and, in fact, turning off the anxiety response at least for short periods. My sincere hope is that you will leave this course with a better understanding of how your brain reacts to crises, along with some powerful tools for managing it before it manages you. In this course we will cover: 1.1 Introduction and Overview 1.2 Understanding the Anxiety Response 1.3 The Necessity of Strategies to Manage Anxiety 1.4 Achieving Relaxation: A Skill We All Need to Learn Now 2.1 Why Watching the News is Addicting and How to Manage Your Consumption 2.2 The Critical Art of Mental Distraction to Crowd Out Stressors 2.3 How We Think About Physical Distancing and Explaining it to Our Children 3.1 The Effects of Isolation 3.2 Some Strategies to Make Isolation More Tolerable 3.3 The Importance of Social Connection in a Physical Distancing World 4.1 The Need to Guard Against Depression: The Importance of Control 4.2 Bring it Together: Practice Makes Proficient 4.3 Invitation to Suggest Additional Videos...

VS

Jul 19, 2020

The course is very insightful. The topics were carefully and simply taught by Prof. Joordens. It's easy to understand and has helped a lot in understanding how our minds work esp during this pandemic.

AM

Jul 17, 2020

So grateful that a course like this exists. I found the information that was presented easy to understand and in such a way that small changes to my daily routine seem manageable. Thank you very much!

401 - 425 of 2,463 Reviews for Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19

By Anxhela K

Feb 23, 2021

thank you very much for this amazing couse, I did learned a lot about how to deal with anxiety during the isolation. My favorite part is the schedule for to do things and definitly the anxiety exercises.

By W. A M M W

Oct 12, 2020

I would like to thank professor Joordens for the valuable inputs. These inputs will really help me and my family to get through these difficult times. Truly educational!

Mahesh Wickramarachchi - Sri Lanka

By Betül

Sep 17, 2020

I'm so glad to have this course during this though time and Professor Joordens is an amazing teacher. Everyone should get this course, I highly recommend it. Thank you for this wonderful course Professor!

By Todd B T

Jul 28, 2020

This was a very enjoyable course. Prof, joordens was very exciting to watch and listen too. You can tell he really enjoys teaching. I absolutely enjoyed taking this course. Stay safe and healthy everyone

By HERRERAOVALLEPAULINAMARIA

Oct 12, 2020

I learned a lot about how to improve my mind control in difficult situations like the one that COVID-19 has caused and I learned many ways to reduce anxiety in my daily life. I really enjoyed the curse.

By Rocelle E

Mar 14, 2021

Very informative and helpful to me especially for those people experiencing Mental Health issues during Covid-19. Thanks so much for the opportunity. Great help and I have learned a lot. 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟🌟

By Roberta D L

Sep 7, 2020

Amazing course! Helped a lot. I wish I saw this a little bit earlier, but here in Brazil we are still dealing with a bad situation. It was good to think about everything the teacher proposed.

Big fan.

By Valery C L N

Mar 23, 2021

Deeply recommend this course, prof. explains in a way you get engaged and understand completely and is as well like having a conversation with a friend while learning so much. Thanks for creating it!

By Erika P

Aug 3, 2020

It's very practical and to the point, the strategies taught are very useful. I liked the little insights into psycology that explain the reasosn of anxiety, depression and consecuences of isolation.

By Andrea S

Nov 12, 2020

I loved this course! The instructor was very knowledgeable, helpful and his voice was so soothing, I could hear him all day! I immediately felt calm and at peace. Thank you so much for this course!

By BASCHIERI M

Jan 11, 2021

Thank you for this interesting and really useful course! It has been easy to follow and hopefully will be useful for many people all around the world feeling the same threats in this dark period.

By Bryan C

Jun 9, 2020

Excellent! It helped me a lot identifying some bad habits that were harming my daily life and now with the recommendations given I can take a different course of acction within my daily routines.

By Igor S

Aug 19, 2020

Great course, the professor really know what he is talking about and even with limited resources he managed to put together a great course that helped me a lot. Hope to get more courses with him

By Caroline A C

Aug 5, 2020

Thank you for this course, I learned valuable skills for life and it really helped me and my family to cope with this hard times. Professor Joordens definitely did something with a great impact!

By Catherine F

Jan 20, 2021

Insightful and concise! Mind enticing and thoroughly informative! I enjoyed this course, and I have learned a lot about my body and mind! I thank you for taking your time to upload this course!

By Amber T

Sep 30, 2020

This course helped me figure out why I was feeling the way I am. I now have some tools to readjust my reactions and take control of my actions and reactions in this difficult time. Thank you.

By Karen F

Mar 14, 2021

Very interesting and useful. Thank you for introducing me to guided relaxation- I have been meditating with some success but knowing what relaxation feels like in my body is extremely helpful.

By Michael L

Jun 20, 2021

A​ very timely course for the people who are feeling uneasy for the pandemic. Easy to understand and provide a method to handle the psychological issues induce by the Covid-related situation.

By Julie G

Nov 15, 2020

Excellent information! Everyone should take this course considering we may lock down once again. Perhaps understanding “Physical distance” will remove the emotional from “social distancing”.

By Musfiqua M

Sep 21, 2020

A very informative, comprehensive and relevant course in the present scenario

I have benefitted immensely from this exposure I will share the information with my family, friends and students

By Cindy Q

Jul 8, 2020

Professor is knowledgeable and gives some nice points to control anxiety. It is amazing what the guided relaxation can do for you! I also think a schedule helps to give purpose to a long day.

By Serafeim M

Dec 20, 2020

I am excited about having this course. I wasn't even expecting it to be that way but it made a great impact since day one. Thank you once again for giving me the chance to take this course.

By Dr.Sundeep H K

Aug 11, 2020

I want to continue this course after week 1.Kindly unlock.I had missed the deadline due to certain issues.Now it is showing"Reset your deadline".I will greatly appreciate the same.Thank you.

By Nidhi G

Jul 7, 2020

I learnt how important it is to be healthy mentally during tough times like these . I learnt various activities which I could practice to keep myself calm and collected and be levelheaded.