Back to Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19 by University of Toronto

Never in the history of humanity have so many people been feeling intense anxiety related to COVID-19 and the world it will leave in its wake. The intent of this course is to give you a deeper understanding of the anxiety reaction as it relates to various aspects of our current life, ranging from our consumption of news to the way we talk to our children about this. I will also give you clear strategies for managing and, in fact, turning off the anxiety response at least for short periods. My sincere hope is that you will leave this course with a better understanding of how your brain reacts to crises, along with some powerful tools for managing it before it manages you. In this course we will cover: 1.1 Introduction and Overview 1.2 Understanding the Anxiety Response 1.3 The Necessity of Strategies to Manage Anxiety 1.4 Achieving Relaxation: A Skill We All Need to Learn Now 2.1 Why Watching the News is Addicting and How to Manage Your Consumption 2.2 The Critical Art of Mental Distraction to Crowd Out Stressors 2.3 How We Think About Physical Distancing and Explaining it to Our Children 3.1 The Effects of Isolation 3.2 Some Strategies to Make Isolation More Tolerable 3.3 The Importance of Social Connection in a Physical Distancing World 4.1 The Need to Guard Against Depression: The Importance of Control 4.2 Bring it Together: Practice Makes Proficient 4.3 Invitation to Suggest Additional Videos...

VS

Jul 19, 2020

The course is very insightful. The topics were carefully and simply taught by Prof. Joordens. It's easy to understand and has helped a lot in understanding how our minds work esp during this pandemic.

AM

Jul 17, 2020

So grateful that a course like this exists. I found the information that was presented easy to understand and in such a way that small changes to my daily routine seem manageable. Thank you very much!

451 - 475 of 2,463 Reviews for Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19

By Diwakarage R S

This is a very useful course not only during the COVID-19 pandemic, but also for the day to day life. The professor's style of presenting and speaking was really friendly and clear.

By Cornelia J

Aug 7, 2021

This course is really refreshing my mind. Reminded me of things that I could do and how to reduce things that could increase the anxiety tens. Thank you very much, its very helpful.

By Jessica L P A

Dec 29, 2020

I am from Colombia. I completed the course and it was very pleasant, I learned strategies that I can practice to manage anxious states and avoid more serious mental health problems.

By Eva P

Dec 1, 2020

I enjoyed listening to professor Joorgens and want to thank him for taking the time to share this info. This was an interesting and relevant topic and I have recommended to others!

By Iyarace K

Aug 12, 2020

Very easy to understand with daily life concepts you can touch on. For every teach concepts you can quickly attach your daily life and further customize it to match your life style.

By Valeria R S

Jul 28, 2020

El curso me ayudó a aprender varias técnicas para manejar mi ansiedad que no sabia y que ahorita estoy implementando además de conocer un poco más sobre la ansiedad. Me gusto mucho!

By Morshed R Z

Jul 14, 2020

In this pandemic situation, we must learn how to keep our mind in control and anxiety free. So anyone who are suffering from anxiety problem can go throgh this course. Best wishes

By Amando C

Jun 25, 2021

I learned the importance of social connection in these season of physical distancing. Many valuable lessons on how to cope up during pandemic time. Thanks to Prof. Steve Joordens!

By colleen G

Mar 31, 2021

I really enjoyed this course and it gave me some structure to plan my days during isolation. Thanks for the techniques suggested to manage a change in our lifestyles due to covid.

By John R P

Mar 29, 2021

Steve Joordens did an amazing job in hyperfocusing on managing stressors through positive response a person can do to stay afloat in this trying time. May the “course” be with you.

By Jennifer D

Jan 27, 2021

Very easy to follow, he has a lovely, calm, clear voice and helpful, thoughtful information to share! I look forward to any more courses he is willing to provide! Huge thank yous !

By Priyanjali R

Oct 7, 2020

I am so grateful for this platform. The course is very informative. The way Prof. Joordens. taught was so good. It was easily understandable. It helped me a lot. Thank you so much!

By Pat B

Jul 22, 2020

i enjoyed this course, i needed it badly, during this difficult time. Only thing is your email is covered by your face in the summary, just thought i would mention that, loved it

By Maher N M

Jun 12, 2020

its just awesome for me to overcome the anxiety of covid 19. In this time, i feel peace in my mind fully and know the steps to keep ourself physically distant not socially distance

By NEELAM P

Jan 17, 2022

Mind relaxation technique was good. course was short and sweet. Concept of learned helplessness was an eye opener. Kindly edit the final videos so that ppt and email id is visible

By Luis E M A

Aug 16, 2021

Muy interesante la forma como nos transporta y nos hace reflexionar sobre las cosas o costumbres cotidianas que tal vez no hacemos claramente y que nos causan ansiedad a menudo .

By Cammy H

Sep 11, 2020

Very valuable and timely information. Instructor was knowledgeable and calming and was able to present info in a way all learners, regardless of ability, would be able to benefit.

By Samohita D

Jul 17, 2020

Simple yet effective. The instructor has done a commendable job to enlighten the course-takers with what can be done. More importantly, instilling hope. Great course! Thank You :)

By Salman F

Jul 3, 2020

This is definitely one of the most important courses that I needed right now. I am hopeful to be able to apply and practice all the things I have learned even after this pandemic.

By Diana G

Feb 4, 2021

it was amazing, i really like to know about the mind control during this pandemic. i realice that we have many things to control our mine and different strategies to get relaxed

By John C

Nov 18, 2020

I found the course very helpful, informative and a pleasure to follow. I have been doing the guided meditation at least daily from the beginning.

Thank You very much!

John Carbone

By Serene R

Sep 7, 2020

Awesome course ,helped me not only with understanding anxiety during Covid but also social anxiety and depression in general terms. Thanks a lot for such an informative course!!

By LOZADA C J P

Aug 7, 2020

Sumamente importantes todos los temas tratados, hoy es cuando debemos aprender a manejar nuestras emociones y tratar de calmar la ansiedad que nos puede producir el confinamieno

By MANKAR T J

Jul 23, 2020

The course gives me information about most important thing I.e. anxiety management and stress management.I am glad that I got a chance to learn from an experienced professional.

By Deshawn N

Nov 10, 2021

Great course as I suffer from depression. So, for the first time I feel like I accomplish a goal by completing a course that relates to my struggle of life at this very moment.